I have realized something...

• I never considered myself an "emotional eater" I know that I have always been screwed up about food...even as early as 7 years old..as a former gymnast and rape survivor I learned how to eat and (not eat) my feelings.

As i grew up and went in and out of every eating disorder progam..Docter ect that you could think of...I began again to stop eating when I was upset...for me when I was pissed at my mother for something I would just refuse to eat...and I felt as if I was in control of that situation...obviously I wasn't. I always thought that my emotional eating revolved around anorexia and Bulemia not mindlessy eating when i was ticked off....

Anyways after this whole episode with my BFF I realized that even NOW after i have been sucessful at SBD...and have incorporated HEALTHY eating into my lifestyle I still turn to food for comfort...I know i cant NOT eat..so instead I will go to the fridge and start eaing a fudgecicle or ice cream...and even before that...when I was upset I ate and ate and ate and ate and chaulked it up to PMS...or i deserve this cause I have had a bad day......its amazing the amount of BS i used to feed myself (pardon the pun)...

I think what i am trying to say here...is that this forum has made me realize that SBD is not a DIET..its a way of life...its making healthy choices and it has helped me turn to other things to de stress myself..such as excercise or reading a book.... sorry for the lifestory I guess this is my way of saying thank you
  • {{{{{{{{{{angel}}}}}}}}}}
  • Oh Angel, how horrible ! But thankfully you're a survivor, and getting a healthier mind and body! Hugs of support go out to you!
  • Big hugs, sweetie. You're a very wise woman.
  • Emotional eater??? No not me. Right! Hang in there Angel. I to am very much an emotional eater. Very hard habit to break. You are a very strong person and a survivor. You can do anything you set your mind to. And we are all here to help you.