Manic Monday-June 27

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Morning all you chickadees. I beat Ruth again!

Had a boring weekend. Didnt do a thing Sat nite except go to the gym....
    Yest switched my pc room and the baby's room. Was about done and bent over to pick up a book.....and OUCH! This happens to me about twice a year. Now it must say something to the powers that be that I am going to work today with a hurt back, and filling in at another office at that. Right Chicks?????

So much for the gym for a few days.........Thats ok, at least I know I am eating right.

What's happening on your stretch of the beach????
  • I just lost a big and extremely wonderful post! I should know enough to save it. It seems a post sometimes disappears when one is interrupted by a PM announcement. Ahem, Ellis!

How did the shower go, Ellis? Did you receive your guests naked?

Aw, Wenchy, I hope that back smartens up soon. Is it a disc problem?

This morning, I'm going to do some gardening until I melt, have a cool bath and then go for my allergy shot at 1:00 followed by a visit to Harry who is getting narky about coming home. NOT! It'll be BBQ night again for me as I refuse to turn on the stove when it's over 90ºF! No smart-*** comments about The Great White North, OK?

What's happening on your Meltdown Monday? ICED being served on the deck today.
  • Ruth, thank goodness no. It a muscle problem. First time I pulled it I was 17. Go figure......It will be ok in a few days. Just have to lay/sit with the heating pad until then.
  • Wenchy - hope your back feels better soon!

Ruth- stay cool. I wish I had half your energy

mameli - I definitely think that treating yourself to some non-op foods occassionally is ok. I would never change my eating style and then tell myself "I can't eat that" because then I would just want it more. Though some people do, I don't have a problem eating something non-op once a week or less as long as I know it won't trigger cravings.

I went walking saturday, not sure how far I went but enough to make my legs ache later that day. I haven't checked the posts form the weekend but I did stop at the garage sale, they had nothing. I won an auction on ebay though for a lot of 12 new hardback childrens books for $11! I am picking them up today, I love getting a good deal, especially for my kids.

I haven't been exercising I am going to start today! I have walk away the pounds tapes but since we moved they have been packed somewhere, I am determined to find them.
  • Good morning, girls!

I'm just rushing off to see my psychiatrist... will be back later.

The shower was fabulous... I'll try to post a pic of the cake later.

love you all...

Sorry about that, Ruthie. snicker.
  • Isn't it amazing how easy it is to pull a back muscle. It is very painful too and not much you can do but baby it for a few days. Hot showers and ice both helped me when I would do it.
    I just read the weekend posts. This has to be one of the busiest boards anywhere.
    Ruth you are just non stop. You amaze me.
    I had a good weekend.My art class is getting moved again and with a different lady.I am a "amatuer" but love taking classes and get better with time. The lady I started with needed to take the summer off and the lady that took her place has had a problem with class.It is a mixed class of you name it.Beginners,those working in oils,some pencil, some pen& ink like myself.She is a very good artist but doesn't do pen & ink which didn't help me.So another lady is starting a drawing class period.So I will start there Friday. Actually I am looking forward to it.She uses vine sticks which was a new one to me. SO to the art store we go. It is like a charcoal pencil but without the wood part. Oh well ,It keeps me out of trouble
    Please forgive me for not referring to each of you.I do read the posts and you have been a big help to me.You are a lively group. I enjoy hearing about your adventures with South Beach and with life.
    Have a great day.I have to push myself out to pool for exercises. It has to be helping altho I don't see a lot of results yet. It is nice to know I got them done "after " I finish.
  • Eleni, a friend of mine who has been very overweight all her life really says that the pool helps. She does water walking in the shallow end. About pen and ink, I got kicked out of a calligraphy class the second night for being too messy so I guess that's not for me! Maybe water colours?

FlMom, aren't children's books a terrible price when new? I always pick up as many as I can at yard/garage sales for the grandkids.

I was just out to the garden. I have lots of lettuce, green onions, chard and pod peas. Anybody wanna come for lunch? Maybe a veggie wrap in a whole wheat tortilla with some lowfat cheese? The Phase I folks can have it in lettuce leaves.
  • Feel better Wenchy!

Ruth - throw some chicken on for me? I so miss being able to grill...

FLMom -- I am with you. Must. Get. More. Exercise!!!!!

Eleni -- how fun! Art -- I haven't done a thing since my senior year of High School.

Me -- well, I am up a pound and a half. Still trying to work bread in. It's basically the only carn we have We have to go food shopping. I also ate poorly last night so a day of Phse 1 it is (tortillas in my soup and with guacamole last night on our "date").

I am getting ready for this weekend when we camp - and when I propose. It's been so hard keeping the engagement ring a secret! I am dying here!!!

Off to work. Have a great day all!
  • Morning ladies....the scale finally went down a pound (ONLY A POUND!!) I am going to go back to phase I because yesterday I was with Kloe & her new thing is eating oreos & giving someone (meaning me) her one cookie without cream. After three, I gave up & started feeding them to the dog!
    DBF's truck is being stubborn, so I gotta take him to work....peck in later.
  • Morning chicks!

I hate to unload on you all but I have to tell you what has been going on.

On Friday one of my tires came off my truck while I was driving it. Luckily I was downtown at a very busy intersection so I was only going 10 mph, however - note the very busy intersection part. I was very embarrassed but that quickly changed when the police came and told me my truck had been tampered with. So it quickly became a criminal investigation. Yup one of my darling students took all the lug nuts off the tire except one and I'm just damn lucky I wasn't driving 80 MPH down the highway with my 7 year old in the truck cause it would have rolled and we would probably be dead and I would have hit other cars too. The only reason I hadn't taken the highway downtown was I had to meet with the company that processes our payroll because of a mistake. So I drove cross town on regular streets. Otherwise I would have taken the highway. We have had two classes from h**l lately and really had to crack down on them.

Needless to say I've been in a surreal funk since then. I drank some drinks on Friday night and had pasta on Saturday and topped it off with chinese food last night (cause it is too stinken hot to cook). Now I just keep staring off into space. I've been puppy sitting for the X all weekend so I've laid low (which is good cause I have no truck) but I can't seem to get past this series of emotions. First I'm grateful cause DS wasn't with me and cause I was going only 10 mph when it happened. Then I get mad trying to figure out which of the nasty students did it. Then I just get sad cause it makes me realize that someone we trained to go work with vulnerable people in hospitals and nursing homes is capable of trying to kill someone (me). Then the whole thing starts over again.

There is basically nothing the police can do. The only thing I can do is not recommend anyone from those two classes for jobs but that doesn't seem right to punish 31 people cause one person is a sick freak who needs help. I can only pray that somehow God will weed this person out and make sure they don't ever work with vulnerable people.

I need some motivation chicks. I'm really in a funk. Maybe I'll feel better when I get my truck fixed today. I already had to write a check for $89.00 tow charges and $438.00, for parts. That isn't even labor. And as the Americans can explain to the Canadian chicks - if I turn it into insurance my rates will sky rocket and I'll pay more in 10 months than I would if I just paid for it myself. I need some happy vibes! Help!
  • Anchor, I don't have any great words of wisdom but I wish I did. We're here for you, though. Motivation should come in the form of not letting anything effect you. Show whoever did it that it didn't scare you away or stop you from being you. I'm shocked that the police can not do anything. I would speak with your bosses maybe, and see if you can get a monitored parking spot? I hope things work out for you.

As for me, I am back onto Phase I for a few days before I head off to phase II. I want to make sure this weekend didn't ruin it for me. Phase I hasn't been so bad, so another week or so doesn't seem daunting. I don't think I need to do the whole 2 weeks over but either way, I want to keep losing. But I don't feel too bad about the weekend, I had a nice time and now it's time to get back to losing! Hopefully, these 3 pounds won't stick around.

Have a great morning ladies!
  • Anchor...that's awful. I hate it when people do such things! That's down right disgusting! Are you 100% sure it was one of the students? Just wondering.....count your blessings that no one was hurt. Second, yeah you're going to pay through your nose for this, but your life (and your ds) is worth a whole lot more!
    As far as emotions go....I'm your girl for that (my previous week -gained 5 lbs!) Don't make my mistake....because it's taking FOREVER to come off. I finally told myself that I deserve better, my dbf deserves a hot gf (he's hot & he's soooo nice), and my mother would want me to be happy. Sure my mother died young, but she did so much in 52 years...a lot more than some that live to be 100. Anchor.....it just isn't good for any of us to stay in a funk....it's like putting your life on "pause." Not worth it...get back on the beach!!
  • OK....2 things ladies...
    first I checked the past web sites that my dbf was looking at and they are all jewelry stores....hmm I might be getting that engagement ring sooner than I thought

Second...does anyone know of a good web site to look up addresses? I have thank you cards to send out & some folks did not put a return address on their cards/flowers. I've tried anywho....nothing. I thought there was a peoplefinder or something, but I haven't found it yet...any suggestions?
  • Holy Crapoli Anchor!

We're glad you are safe. Maybe talk to the principal or something to get advice? Maybe announce just that to the class (NO ONE GETS RECS) and maybe someone who has heard the one who did it talking about it will come forward?

Come back on the beach when you can. We're here for you!
  • good morning everyone! * I have not put the cast back on...I dont have the heart even though it hurts I just dont want to..still way too hot.

I got in a huge fight with my best friend last night over J..she doesn't approve and doesn't like him and wont be my maid of honor...so that sucks I was very upset last night and must admit I had some ice cream...but whatever thats not the point....I feel so awful....the thing is..she has met him once and has nothing to base her judgement on...i just cant beleive that for the first time i am happy and she wont be there with me...cause she is making it all about her.....it sucks..sorry for venting but i feel so lost.