South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 12:08 PM   #1  

Unhappy Motivation

How do you keep yourself motivated when it's so easy just to give up and slip back to your old eating habits?? I've been pushing myself really hard both diet wise and exercise wise, working out regularly and sticking to SB even when eating out but then sometimes I think: There's nothing wrong with being fat, just quit this torture

What do you do when these thoughts pop up?
Old 06-26-2005, 12:33 PM   #2  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Born, I come right here to this board. When I feel like nothing is working, I moan and vent and these Chicks pick me right back up!
And I also remind myself I am eating healthier than before. And that with the combined with exercise is also making me feel better.
Feel free to vent. We all do and all have been there.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #3  
Silicon Andy

I, for one, would like to go shopping and be able to find clothing that is fashionable and that fits--a tall order for a short, fat woman! I try to remember how great I felt when I'd lost 40 lbs a few years ago. Plus, I'd like to have a baby, and I need to take off some of this weight before that can happen.

Maybe if you set some short-term goals, like an upcoming event, that would help. I also used to "reward" myself once a month or so with something (usually clothing or shoes) I really wanted. My friend Courtney calls this her "Retail Incentive Program."
Old 06-26-2005, 11:22 PM   #4  

When you find your motivation.....can you send some of it over here?
Old 06-27-2005, 07:48 AM   #5  
Mother Hen

BornConfuzed Just know we all feel this way at times. But just keep reminding yourself it will be worth it. Sometimes I feel like it is a lost cause and then I also remind myself that I do feel better now that I am not eating so many carbs. It isn't easy to stay motivated but hang in there. Keep your eye on the reward that is ahead.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:59 AM   #6  
Gryffindor Pride

I remind myself that while new clothes and styles are fun, it's my body that I am really trying to help. I don't want high cholesterol and blood pressure. I want to be sure my body is healthy and losing weight can help with that. Sometimes I do want to eat like I used to (and sometimes, I do!) but then I remember why I am making all these changes and pushing through all the phases and it helps me stay on track.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:42 AM   #7  

I think we all have those days...and it's normal. But we have to make sure we find a place, a person, anything positive....to go to and talk, write, vent about it. If we try to go it alone, we often fail and give in. Just remember the changes you've already made, and reflect on that. Think about how you were feeling before you started vs. how you feel now that you've lost some weight. All GOOD things!
Closed Thread