3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   TGIF!!! Friday Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/60195-tgif-friday-chat.html)

wenchybritches 06-24-2005 06:59 AM

TGIF!!! Friday Chat

Wow! I beat Ruth to the chat this morning. I might pass out from shock! :lol3:
Sorry I have been MIA, but I have been doing some of the job I applied for. I have been training new agents all week. Boy does training take it outta ya!
Which btw I had a phone interview for yest, so keep y'alls toes crossed! Thank goodness today is the last day. :lol:

Got a question for all you chicks.

What is the best sign you are losing weight???

When your panties are getting to big. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ruthxxx 06-24-2005 07:25 AM

Good morning, Wenchy. I "slept in" this morning, until 5:45 when The Girls started barking at a Pileated Woodpecker who was bashing away at an old stump in the side yard! What a strange looking bird and his "song" is even worse! :yikes:

Today will be a busy one - I got sucked into working a Bingo this afternoon for the Fair Board. :( We have not had enough workers at these events and are close to losing our licence. The Bingos bring in about $25K per year and we need that money to afford the Fair entertainment. Tonight I must attend the visitation for my cousin John who died on Wednesday. The funeral is tomorrow at eleven and we have had to move it from our little Church to the big one in Athens as it will be very well attended. I have a big 4-bean salad already made for the post-funeral "feast".

So it's going to be a weekend and I'll have to wear clothes to all these events! I doubt that my sheer Indian cotton robes will be acceptable! :lol3:

Whatcha doin' on your stretch of The Beach? :cofdate:

soon2Bfab 06-24-2005 07:33 AM

Morning ladies.....the scale has not moved - ugh!
Ruth - sorry about your cousin!
Wenchy - thanks for starting us up....try to keep your panties up!
Me: Off to work today.....busy because I am the only manager there today - yuck!
Tonight DBF & I are trying out the new grill!!
Have a great day!

jenne1017 06-24-2005 07:36 AM

Morning chickies...

up a pound, sigh, but that's ok. I have to continue Phase 2 and I can't be scared, right?

I won't be in the office until 1p so I will see you all then (darn meetings!)

fl_mom 06-24-2005 07:41 AM

Wenchy- YAH! all my panties are big LOL I also had to go buy a new bra last night, ugh!

Ruth- are you ever NOT busy? :D

Gryff (from yesterday) - I noticed that some things I eat taste a lot saltier than they used to also.

About my doc appt yesterday: I was so happy when I left there I could cry, my last RE did nothing to help me but this guy is totally different. I know some of you have no clue what I am talking about so just nod and smile lol The doc gave me a scrip for a med that should cause me to produce eggs (not clomid), a prenatal vitamin, and an hcg trigger shot. I have an ultrasound on July 11 and if there is a good egg, I get a trigger shot of HCG, then it's about a 2week wait to see if it all worked. This is going to be a long few weeks. I know I am blessed to have my 2 boys but that doesn't stop my wanting more children :p
The scale part didn't go as great since by his I am only down another 4. At least I am seeing results at home, besides, it's still a loss!

Bamiegurl 06-24-2005 08:17 AM

Wow there is a lot of chatter already this morning! Must be FRIDAY! Woo-Hoo! I gotta run. I just realized what time it is! Have a great day all!

scrappinRN 06-24-2005 09:03 AM

Good morning

This is my first time posting on the daily board, but I just wanted to say HI ;) . All of you sound glad its friday, but I must work this weekend, so not so glad, but am going to have a great last day off( lunch with the hubby, movie with kids, and maybe some shopping for a new bra) That seems to be the thing to do, says fl_mom. Hope you all have a good day and weekend, hope to catch up with you all again soon.

beachgal 06-24-2005 09:32 AM

Wenchy, I feel like congrats are in order, but I'm not sure how they should be phrased! :lol3: :bravo: Good luck with the job!

Ruth, I'm sorry about your cousin. :grouphug: I'm glad that you'll be out and about this weekend...I know it might be a hard one, and this way you'll have things to keep your mind of that. :) Yay for 4 bean salad...yum! Too bad we don't live in Delta...DH and I have been trying to be bingo workers for years, but it's near impossible...everyone else wants to do it. You have to work for several years before they let you call the numbers, which is what we'd love to do! :love: I hope things work out with your license! :crossed:

Soon, I love the new (?) line under your name. You definitely do! :yes: We just got a new grill too...we are LOVING it!!! I think we're using it at least three times a week. Have fun with yours and my your work day feel short!

Jenn, good attitude! :yes: Yeah, keep on keepin' on with P2. You'll figure it out and this pound will be long gone. :D I gained five during my 'figuring it out' time, but I've lost over 90 since then. ;) Darn meetings...hate those. Hope they go super fast!

FL_Mom, congrats on finding a good doctor. That can be such an amazing relief!!! :grouphug: I wish you tons of luck TTC!!! :crossed Don't stress about the weight, okay? Remember that SBD will help immensely with your PCOS and that's the really important thing. :yes:

Bamie, I MISS you!!! :sorry: I hope things are going well with your job!

Me:
I get to change my ticker!!! I weighed in at 207.5 this morning. Yippee! :hat:

Didn't get to bed on time last night, so no gym this morning...sucks, but I know I needed the sleep. I need to get on a better sleep schedule!

Hear it's going to be in the 90's today...it was so darn cold last night that I hated to have all the fans on. I have a feeling we might pay for it today. :(

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :beach:

beach bum 06-24-2005 09:32 AM

Hi Chicks:)

I gained :o a pound but it was worth it as I was :joker: celebrating my BH for two days.I get it off my my next w-i.

Wenchie-don't get stressed :stress: over all the those interviews.Hope you find the right person

Ruth-So Sorry:sorry: to hear about your cousin, My Prayers are with you and your family.

Soon & Jenne- the scale :goodscale: will move in the right dirrection,just dringk plenty of water in the Hot & Humid Season.

Fl-Mom-Sorry:sorry: to hear you having so many problems getting pregnant. Here are some :grouphug: hugs going your way.

Bamie & Shannon-Have a wonderful weekend. Stay beaching :beach:

Laura- we posted at the same time.

Hugs :) BB

beachgal 06-24-2005 09:34 AM

Shannon, glad to see you on the daily! Hope that you have a great last day off! :hat: I hear Vicki's is having a semi-annual sale... :idea:

anchor weight 06-24-2005 09:57 AM

Morning chicks!

The scale finally budged and I'm down two pounds (on the new scale so I won't change my ticker) I was about ready to explode - every day the same weight (yes I'm weighing myself daily now that I have the new scale) I told my assistant yesterday that I was going to explode if it didn't move soon. :lol:

Well with no man prospects on the weekend horizon and I don't want to go out drinking with my buds I offered to dog sit the puppy for the X . The puppy is so cute. :love: So maybe I'll get a new avatar. Can ya tell I'm a little bored? :lol: I'm also going to try a new workout program.

The main goal is to stick to the SBD!

Have a great day chicks.

2BFIT1 06-24-2005 10:10 AM

Happy Friday on the beach :beach:

Shannon~I'm a weekend (Baylor ) nurse, so I'll be working, too :(

Ruth~I'm sorry to hear about your cousin {{{big hug}}}. Have fun at Bingo.

Laurie~~Congrats on the weight loss :dancer:

Fl mom~~So glad your appt went well. I'm saying prayers for ya!

Anchor~~Way to be a "loser" :cp:

Yesterday I drove to Chateau Elan Winery which is about 10 miles from my home, to pick up tickets to their Vineyard Fest. It's such a beautiful place, especially the Spa. Too bad I can't afford it $$$$$$$. www.chateauelanatlanta.com/
I hope to get alittle yardwork and sun :sunny: by the pool today. Dinner will be grilled turkey burgers stuffed with green chili pepper cheese.

Kiko 06-24-2005 10:31 AM

Good Morning....

Ahhhhh... what some sleep can do for the mind and soul. I feel better this morning. :) Thanks for your support and kind words yesterday.

DD's 2 week appt was overall good, although she is not gaining weight. She actually lost more over the last week and a half. So we are supplementing with formula at least until Monday when we take her back to recheck her weight. She was 5 lbs 14 oz when we left the hospital and is down to 5 lbs 10 oz. I thought breastfeeding was going well, but apparently not! Other than that, the doctor was pleased.

Not much on the agenda for the day- big DD is going to school shortly and I am meeting a friend for lunch. I plan on a nice nap when I get home!!

Have a super day all!

gofishin50 06-24-2005 10:49 AM

:wave:Hey all u BEACHIN BEAUTIES!

:moped::moped: Drive by post,,got the day off:dance: but DH his given me a honey dew:rolleyes: list so got to jet:bike:....:beach::beach:Have a BEACHIN DAY AND NO THROWING SAND:flow2:....check bk later:comp:..............GOFISHIN:dancer:

mat0424 06-24-2005 10:56 AM

Just a quick note to say have a wonderful weekend!!!
I am leaving work in one hour and on my way to lake travis for the weekend!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! no kids..no men...just us gals having fun!!!! I will stay on plan as best as possible, wish me luck!!!!

Have a beachy weekend!