South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 06:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Thumbs up Wednesday Chat on the Beach!!

Hey, darlin's!

Getting coffee... back in a mo...
Old 06-22-2005, 07:12 AM   #2  

Good Morning Chicklets!

Well I just completed week 3 on SBD... I prayed to the scale Gods, offered up a sacrificial Twinkie, and executed the "One Legged Stork weight pose" (which has a technical difficulty rating of 10: NEWBIES do not try this maneuver yet, leave it to the professionals!)... Ah, the Gods so fit to reward me with a 1 pound loss!

Tonight we have our first prospective buyers dropping by... sure hope that they are interested... and DH has a job offer in NC....so things seem to be going okeydokey ...
Later Taters
Old 06-22-2005, 07:26 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good sunshiney Hump Day morning! It poured last night so it's muddy paw time again but looks like it will dry up and be a glorious day.

Ellis, please give me some of that coffee. I need to take coffee making lessons from you. I've become lazy and have been using instant which just doesn't cut it.

Schatzi, you slay me. For a minute there I thought you were talking yoga "stork" position. Does the weightloss god accept other sacrifices besides Twinkies?

I finally finished all the plantings in the Village and the Fairground! Well, I do have a spike to put in one of the planters but that will be a quickie. Remind me to delegate next year! This morning Bob the Township workie (a neat guy, a reformed hippie) will build the seats into the new gazebo and fertilize all the planters for me. I plan to take a quick run into The Falls with two of Harry's prescriptions and see how he did his first night. Then I'll have lunch with Morna.

Thanks for all the supportive comments on my Harry story thread. As I said to Ellis, I meant it to be a closed thread but forgot.

Happy Hump Day, Sweeties.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:41 AM   #4  

Freckled Frog, welcome to the Beach!
I'm glad that you're enjoying the program AND this site! You sound really organized... good for you!

Schatzi, you're too funny. Congratulations on the pound, and good luck with the selling today!

Ruth, for cryin' out loud, I tell you to delegate EVERY year, but do you listen?
Hey, it's lovely out today! Enjoy your day, sweetie.

Crap, Amy, NOT more heat! I'll just go check... nope, not today! It's 15C (59F) right now, going up to 23C (73F) today. EXCELLENT!
Congratulations on the workout, girl!!

Cheez, Bamie, I can't believe it about the smoking! That's HORRIBLE!! You're not allowed to smoke anywhere here now except outside!

Soon2b, what a wonderful DBF you have. Don't worry about the eating... you'll get back on track, sweetie.

mamaeli, I love that poster you have at your Curves!
Have you tried running your menu through Fitday to see how many calories you're consuming? I could be wrong, but it looks as though you may be eating a little too much.

GoFishin', enjoy your two days off, you crazy gal, you! Young and the Restless, eh? I haven't watched that since high school. Same theme, same characters?

Sarah, you definitely need more veggies. That'll really help.
How much do you have to lose? If you feel you can do it, you can stay on Phase I for another week or so. Phase I is limited to two weeks because people quickly become bored with the diet, and start to cheat.

RNMom, have fun at the church camp!

Kissy, good luck on day two, hon.

Beach Bum, you're 65!! Holy, girl, I thought you were about 40! You sound MUCH younger, darling. Have a wonderful day.

Wanda, my daughter is actually just finished grade 10. (she's 15) That's so nice that you're paying for your daughter's apartment... my parents did the same for me when I was in college.
Your colours sound lovely! Will you be taking pictures?

I've got to get on the treadmill this morning. I've completed my first week of running/walking, and I'll be upping my running today. I can't believe I'm sticking to this!
Old 06-22-2005, 07:55 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick hello this morning. Lots to do before i leave for work.

Ellis..You are on a roll this morning!

Ruth...Glad to see you are out and about with all your business.

To the rest Happy Hump Day!
Old 06-22-2005, 07:58 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Lord, Ellis! Are you on speed or something? I am going to tread the mill right now and listen to my book on tape.

(I guess I'd better read yesterday's daily and get caught up with the rest of you chickies.)
Old 06-22-2005, 07:59 AM   #7  

Ah " Grasshopper" (Ruthie),
Only through extensive training with GOFISHIN and serious meditation have I've been able to learn the proper form and control to achieve the Stork Pose...I am now at a higher level of weight consciousness, and thus, shall be attempting to master the next Pose which is basically a series of aerobic moves..STEP UP, STEP DOWN, and UP and OFF to the Side..and STRADDLE THAT SCALE , and UP...now read your weight..(the Mystical Weight Master states that this confuses the Gods and will produce a favorable reading.)

The Gods are fickle and finicky about the sacrifice... Try a RingDing...
Old 06-22-2005, 08:14 AM   #8  
Mother Hen

Good morning.
Ruth you sure are a busy bee.Find time to just relax today.You are an awesome lady
I am feeling better today. Unfortunately my sore throat did not take my appetite away.
But I am back on track.We finally got some rain and now I have to warm up pool again.Arthritis doesn't like that cool water. But sun and solar panels will warm it up quickly.
Tomorrow is weigh in day and who knows where scale will be. I don't think I will have a gain but will have to wait and see.
Everyone have a great day.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:23 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

Wow...lots of posts in here this morning!!
Ruth - instant! ewww.
Ellis - I know DBF is a keeper.....I think he's trying too hard!
Schatzi - You kill me!! I didn't have a sacfrice this morning....could be why I'm up to 215!!! YIKES!
Bamie - a quick hello to you too!
Eleni - hope the throat feels better soon!

Me:
Off to work in about 10 mins - yuck!
Back on phase I....scrambled eggs with green peppers & a v-8.
Scale is up to 215....I REFUSE to change my ticker! Hopefully this time next week I'm back to where I was.
Chicks - have a great day!!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:02 AM   #10  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

I thought I would stop in and say hi, show off my new avatar LOL

I am doing good since my backsliding this past weekend. The peanut butter cup dessert has really been the best thing to happen to me lately. I finally tried it after using all my willpower not to buy a reese cup at the store. It actually stopped my sweet craving instead of being a trigger like I thought it would. I love the recipe section I need to go buy some cocoa so I can try the black bean brownies.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #11  

FloridaMom, LOVE your avatar!! Good going, girl!

Eleni, take care of that sore throat, hon.

I'm just diddling around here... must go and get some work done...
Old 06-22-2005, 09:19 AM   #12  
Gryffindor Pride

Hi ladies! It's raining today here and it's so overcast it's dark. Yuck. The weekend is supposed to be 90 and sunny though! I am spending saturday to sunday on the beach (the real one ) and I am so excited! It's my bf's and my 3rd year anniversary so we decided to splurge on a hotel neither of us can afford. I can't wait to lay on the beach and then swim in the ocean. I love to swim and it's funny because I am so into living healthy now that all I can think is how many calories I'll burn swimming in the waves. hehehe. Staying on plan won't be a problem because it's al lot of fresh seafood down on the coasts anyway and I am huge ocean girl.

I hope everyone has a great day on our little beach here. I am stalled out on weight loss but I hope to kick it into gear for week 2 of phase I. Hugs to everyone,
Gryff
Old 06-22-2005, 09:31 AM   #13  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Ruth - I'm going to send you one of the those coffee makers that come on automatically and make your coffee while you are still in bed. Instant just won't do! Got to tell you the X got a bulldog puppy - his name is Bill we call him "wittle bill" he is darling and I'm going to try to get a picture and post it for you. He is darling.

Ellis - You are so up! I had to get blood work done this am so I couldn't eat anything until just a minute ago. Couldn't drink coffee either.

Schatzi - you crack me up

Bami - Are you done working yet?

Eleni - Maybe your sore throat is due to allergies?

Soon - Have a good day!

FL Mom - I love that Peanut Butter cup - Saved me many times. Love the avatar!

Gryff - Have a good time!

I'm finally having coffee! Had a banner diet day yesterday! Hope to have another today! Go Pistons!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:13 AM   #14  

Quick post here..... we are having friends for lunch, so I am tryong to get the house in some order. Thankfully they are bringing lunch!

Happy Day!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:17 AM   #15  

Ellis: Did you bring me any coffee??

Schatzi: Good luck on the buyers. I do believe your maneuver was flawless. A loss is better than a gain.

Ruth: What happened? Did you sleep in this morning? Even if we reminded you to delegate, something tells me you would still be doing all this work. I hope Harry had a good night.

Eleni: Glad to hear you're feeling better.

fl_mom: I love your new avaar. Did you post the dessert to the reciepies. I bought the sb cookies. While the ingredients aren't terrific it does take away the craving something feeling.

Elllis: Do some work for me, please!

Gryfgirl: Enjoy!

Me: I finally feel well and DH feels crappy. Sheesh. This morning I was below 150 by 1/2 pound. First time in ages. I'm not changing my ticker just yet. We're supposed to be putting DD's swing set together. I guess it depends on how DH is feeling. It's always something around here.

Hugs to all,
Lydia
Closed Thread