Starting tomorrow!

• Tomorrow I begin day one of phase one! I'm actually really looking forward to it! (I'll probably be singing a different tune in a few days! ) I'll also be starting my new exercise routine (pilates, cardio, and maybe a little yoga in the mornings). Let's hope I'm able to wake up early enough to do it. My son wakes up around 7am and once he's up, I have to be mommy.

Can't wait to join you all on the beach!

Christine
  • Welcome Christine!
    Glad to have you beachside
  • Good luck, Christine.
  • Good luck, Christine!
    You might want to take it easy with the exercise the first few days. You may be a little tired/headachy from detoxing.
    Don't forget to drink LOTS of water!!
  • Good Luck Christine and Welcome !!! (I'll second what Ellis said.... I was Miss Crankypants for the first 4-5 days )
  • Just be sure to include good carbs like beans and lentils in your meals and you can stave off cravings. Most folks hold off on the exercise until Phase II.
  • One of my biggest problems with weight loss is that I go gung ho in the exercise department. I end up starving and eating all day long. This time I'm holding off on the exercise until I have my eating under control. Then I will add it in.

Also, the first couple days of Phase 1 knocked me on my well...you know!! Yesterday was day 3 and it wasn't until last night that I didn't feel totally and completly drained. I don't think I could have worked out, even if I wanted to.

That said....day 4 and I feel like I could run a marathon!!
  • My doctor suggested I not exercise during phase 1 since I would probably not be feeling so great. I am glad I followed the advice since trying to exercise while feeling like cr** wouldn't have motivated me to do it for long.
  • Hi and Welcome. I ditto Ellis' point about excersise. Heck, I'm still staying away form exercise
  • Thanks
    Thanks for the advice. I'll probably take it easy with the exercise for now. I don't want to not do it at all. I'll just ease into it. If I feel completely drained I may skip it, but as long as I'm feeling good I want to do something. I gotta get in the habit.

By the way, I woke up later than I wanted to and was only able to get in 20 min of cardio before my son demanded to watch Dora. Maybe tomorrow I'll do better.

Christine
  • 20 minutes of cardio is good! I have been not getting enough exercise in! Welcome! The fun begins with phase II, the rules loosen!!!

Sandi
  • ~ welcome! Yes, phase 1 is detoxing ~ but once you get past those first couple of days you will really be able to tell a difference. Good Luck!
  • Detox Day
    I'm definitely feeling the effects of detox today. I'm completely drained. I don't think I've been eating enough veggies, so I'm having a cucumber snack right now.

I haven't had any cravings at all. (knock on wood) I feel really good. I'm not hungry. So far I haven't had that "ugh, i ate way too much" feeling after meals. I hate that feeling. What's worse is when you get that but still feel kinda hungry.

So from what I've gathered, once I get past the first couple of days things get better right?

Christine
  • Hi Christine, It took me 5 or 6 days to begin to feel good (tired, drained, low grade constant headache) then you'll notice your energy will really pick up..

Hang in Thar Babalooie....it's worth the process
  • Hi Christine. Welcome to the beach.

I think detox is different for everyone. My hubby and I had flu like symptoms for about the first 4 days and then we felt really sluggish and slow feeling for about a week. But basically started feeling really good after the first 4 days. I didn't have much of any cravings but my moods were swinging like a revolving door. Hubby however had really bad cravings for 2-3 days.

Good Luck!!! We're rooting for you!!