South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #1  

Question Sugar Free Chocolate Chips

Okay, so I'm planning on making the black bean brownies very soon, but haven't seen any sugar free chocolate chips in any grocery stores I've been to.

Where do you get these?
Old 06-20-2005, 05:23 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Love, we can have chocolate in P2 on SBD. I'd use the semisweet chips for the brownies if you are in P2. Just be aware that you should have no more than 1 oz one time a week.

I haven't seen SF chocolate chips...sorry. At best, they'd be full of sugar alcohols so are probably best avoided.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #3  

Laurie,

Have you tried the black bean brownies? If so, is that what you used, the semi-sweet?
Old 06-20-2005, 09:31 PM   #4  

I made the black bean brownies in P1, since they were listed as at P1 dessert. I couldn't find SF chocolate chips, but used a SF chocolate bar I found in the diabetic/special foods section of the grocery store, that I then cut up. I can say, however, that after eating them I was in agony (gas, bloating, etc.) and I blame it on the SF chocolate bar, since it contains malitol and malitol does have those side effects. Also, they set me off big time--I had 5 within about 18 hours (sleeping for about 10 of those hours.) I ended up putting any leftovers down the disposal. And, DH and DS were not impressed at all, and would not even eat one. So.........I know a lot of people seem to like them, but I wouldn't bother again.

Or, make them without the chocolate pieces.

Or, try the black bean chocolate cake (2 recipes.) It's a little lighter, and does not call for the chips. DH and DS did not like it, but I thought it was okay. Tastes heavily of Splenda.......good with the peanut butter-cream cheese frosting (the best part, I thought!)
Old 06-21-2005, 10:19 AM   #5  

Thanks Mamaeli! I can't eat anything with sugar alcohols in it either. It makes my stomach ache after just one bite. I don't know how anyone can even eat it.

I think I might take Laurie's advice and use some semi-sweet dark chocolate chips. I found some at the store last night, so we'll see. I'll let you know how they turn out.

So, were not impressed with the brownies even before the side-effects kicked in? I was just looking for a safe chocolate fix.
Closed Thread