Question about 'cheating' and Phase 1

• Hi everyone!! My husband wouldn't let me go to the store tonight and we didn't have any groceries so he decided to order a pizza. I had 2 small slices. (I am so ashamed but man was it good!)

My question is...do I pick up where I left off tomorrow? Or do I start over? I'd rather just pick up where I left off. I've been doing so well in phase 1. I also work out every day, so I'm not concerned too much about the calories in the pizza.

Thanks!
  • Jen, what day are you on? I would say just move on and never cheat again, but some people will tell you to start over.
    Use your discretion. The pizza may very well set off cravings that will put you right over the edge. You may NEED to start over. Phase I really is a detox period for your body.
  • I am on day 12 of phase one, so right near the end.

Thanks for the reply! If the cravings come back, I will start over.
  • My concern is the statement "wouldn't let me". You're both adults so what is that all about. Also, always have a backup meal or two. They've saved me many a time.

Lydia
  • Our baby was asleep for the night and he (DH) didnt want me to go by myself. Memphis is a pretty dangerous city.
  • Quote: Our baby was asleep for the night and he (DH) didnt want me to go by myself. Memphis is a pretty dangerous city.
    Okay, that makes sense. Sorry to jump but I know too many women dealing with abusive men.

As I said, always have a back up. Mine is tuna or canned chicken and canned beans. Not elligant but it does the job.
  • I would start over (like I am now) but that's just me.

I had a few bites of carrot cake on Thursday and am in crave city. Went food shopping and back to Phase 1. For at least 3-4 days.

Also realized no bread in the AM for me. It too set off cravings.
  • Jen, how are you doing today? Did you manage to get out to pick up groceries?
    It's rough being a woman sometimes, isn't it. Ottawa is a relatively tame city, but I still don't feel comfortable being out and alone at night.
  • Yeah, I finally got some groceries! I think I am going to extend phase 1 for another week to get back on track. I'm not having any cravings, but I want to make sure I'm doing everything by the book for the last week. I've still been working out every day.

mama.dragon - It's ok...when I read your first post I thought "oh no! that's not what I meant!" LOL Memphis has one of the highest crime rates in the country. I live in a suburb of Memphis in a pretty nice neighborhood, but Chris doesn't want me to take any chances...and I don't blame him!

ellis - I did well today. We went to Chris' favorite restaurant for his Father's Day lunch. It was a Mexican restaurant, so I got the taco salad and didn't eat the shell. From looking at the menu, it was my safest bet. I also got it with chicken instead of beef. Lots of lettuce and jalapeno slices. YUM!
  • Jen, good for you! I think going on Phase I for another week is a great idea.
    Good luck, hon!
  • I am going back to Phase 1 until Fri jen! Good luck!!!