South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 02:08 PM   #1  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Default What can I eat at Red Lobster?

My hubby decided he wants to go to Red Lobster for father's day tonight and I don't have my book with me and I'm trying to figure out what I can have before I go and look at the menu.

Basically I can't stand fish other than shell fish and unfortuantely I can't even eat much of that anymore due to an allergy.

I usually have Aztec Chicken with a cesar salad w/ a little bit of shrimp on it and the steamed veggies. I think the chicken is still OK. It is a chippole grilled chicken with a sour cream lime sauce (have to ask about sugar in this) and served on a bed of tortilla stips (won't be eating these still on p1) and I know the steamed veggies are OK.

It is the cesar salad that I'm not sure about. Can't remember for sure but I'm thinking cessar dressing is a no no. Can someone help me with this?
Old 06-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #2  
Trapped Skinny Person

I think the dressing may be a little high in fat. Maybe ask them to serve it on the side so you can decide how much to use. And remember to skip the croutons and cheese buns.

Have fun.
Kim
Old 06-17-2005, 03:04 PM   #3  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Thanks Kim. I remebered about the crouton's but forgot about the cheese biscuits (so very yummy). Well hubby's allegic to cheese anyway so will just tell them not to even bring them out then they won't be a tempation.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:37 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Karla, eating out on P1 is just not a good idea. Since you can't avoid this, try getting one of their salads and bring your own dressing. Get steamed veggies on the side and specify that you don't want anything on them and that you cannot have sugar. Then eat real food when you get home. Many chicken breasts in restaurants have sugar added to them, the spices used on the grill have sugar, almost every cream sauce is made with white flour, etc. Honestly, sugar is in *everything*. I haven't found it to be a problem if I have some of those things from time to time in P2, but in P1, you do not want to chance it, okay?
Old 06-17-2005, 03:42 PM   #5  

Some of the entrees at RL have their nutrientnal information on the back of the menu...hopefully you'll find something suitable when you get there...at least you'll know what NOT to eat!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:53 PM   #6  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Thanks everyone for all of your advice and help. I'm on day 12 of p1 and getting really tired of salads. Will keep all of you in my mind and hopefully I will find something that will work. I have finally gotten to where I am eating my salads, for the most part, w/o dressing so maybe I can find a salad that sounds good tonight that I can eat w/o the dressing.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:33 PM   #7  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Thanks everyone for your help. I found out that the Aztec Chicken is not the thing to have. Sugar in both the chipollet BBQ and the lime sauce.

I used the back of the menu (thanks emweinb) and ended up having garlic grilled shrimp (took benadryl with me so if I couldn't find anything else I would be able to have a little bit of shell fish). They assured me that there wasn't any sugar in the garlic grilling sauce that it was just garlic and lemon juice. They were fantastic. Also had the steamed broccoli. They have the choice of with or without butter so I was able to have it without. I did however have the cesar salad. Little bit to much fat but man it sure tasted good. And I remembered not to eat the crutons and most of the cheese. All in all I think it was a succesful dinner as it didn't cause any cravings!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 03:58 PM   #8  

Ya Done Real Good Karla!! Sigh, I know how feel, I'm not a fish lover , will only eat it breaded and only light fishes like flounder... Oh I have tried tried tried to bake it ,with lemon and what not... just dont like it...
so glad to hear that you stayed strong and used all your tools to eat right!
Closed Thread