3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   4 o'clock munchies--need help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/59665-4-oclock-munchies-need-help.html)

mamaeli 06-15-2005 03:51 PM

4 o'clock munchies--need help!

I haven't even looked at the clock, but I know it must be somewhere between 3:00 and 4:00 because........I WANT SUGAR/CHOCOLATE/ICE CREAM. Even on Phase 1 it was here, but not as bad. I think this goes back to coming home from school and having a snack every day as a child.....any Dr. Phil devotees out there to help me through this?

Ricotta cream was my afternoon snack, until I started to go overboard on it. Yesterday, I substituted with the fudgesicle/peanut butter "cup"----and ate (mumble, mumble.... :o ) Today, I'm trying to fight the fudgesicle thing.......and I'm not even all that hungry. For meals, I do great. And I'm finding that I get fuller faster. Like today, I had half of my lunch, and then the other half at 2:30 when I felt hungry again. I know this must be a HABIT, but I feel like I'm physically drawn, too. And I don't want to empty the house of all SF goodies---because, knowing me, I'd just load DS into the minivan and get something horrible.

Anyone?

ellis 06-15-2005 03:57 PM

Mamaeli, you're tired... you should have some protein. :yes: That's what your body is needing right now. Have some peanut butter, some nuts, a few turkey wraps, etc. (not all of the above at once. heh heh)
A nap wouldn't hurt, either. ;)

Sheba's Mom 06-15-2005 04:14 PM

Have you been drinking your water today?? That is what get my cravings going in the afternoon. Afternoon is my stressfull time at work and I forget to drink and then by 4pm all I want is chocolate but I have discovered that if I drink a big glass of water and eat my afternoon snack the cravings go away.

beachgal 06-15-2005 04:25 PM

Mamaeli, have your afternoon snack at 4:00. Make it something with protein to keep you full longer and VEGGIES to fill you up. Try 3 bean salad, meat wrapped around veggies, leftover lunch/dinner, celery with laughing cow, etc.

You can do this, girl!

Schatzi 06-15-2005 05:33 PM

mamaeli, u just give that inner child a time out..and take control! Water water water....cheese, protein... U CAN DO IT :goodvibes

sarahyu 06-16-2005 09:30 AM

Yep, it's time to re-arrange your afternoon snack. I tend to bring a big lunch with me and eat 1/2 about noon and then nibble on the rest later in the afternoon. Like today, my main entree is a tofu dish over beans (sounds weird, but it's pretty good) 2 cups of salad, 1 cup sliced sweet peppers-red, orange and yellow; some hummus, 1 cup yogurt and an apple.

I'll eat my main entree and probably 1/2 or all the salad. later as I get hungry I'll finish off more, but I always save something to eat around 4:30 when I'm waiting for my bus. Usually a fruit or the yogurt.

I'm finding I don't really need my mid morning snack so much any more. I tend to eat a high fiber breakfast and it holds me for the entire morning. If I drink all my water.

Sarah

Country Charm 06-16-2005 10:21 AM

Hi :wave:

I find that if I eat a protein snack in the afternoons (turkey/low fat cheese roll-ups), something with natural PB or nuts...I am not "starving" later on in the evening. :dizzy:

((good luck hug))

mamaeli 06-16-2005 05:43 PM

Thanks, everyone, for all of those suggestions. I like the inner child time out idea! :D Today we went swimming all afternoon and I didn't feel a thing, just drank my lemon water. I think it's more a habit than anything.....I need to rearrange my schedule so that I'm not sitting at home, especially in front of the TV/computer, from about 3pm to 5pm. If I can get through my "weak" time with a healthy snack, I'll do fine!