South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 10:52 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning gals!
I am soooo shocked this morning! I went for my meeting with my trainer, totally expecting a gain on the scale, and I was down 3 lbs!!! woo hoo I couldn't believe it.
I went swimming at my dad's yesterday, in the river....BBBRRRRRrrrrrrr.
That water was frigid. I'll never complain about how cool the water is in the pool at water aerobics!!! I couldn't tell you if I just got used to the water, or just Numb!
It's gonna be a nice hot one here again today. But it feels just a little less humid than yesterday morning!
Well, I'm gonna finish eating my B'fast and head back to the gym for my workout.
Just wanted to share my shock from my weigh in!
Hope you all have a great day!
Old 06-15-2005, 02:32 PM   #32  

Ellis: A 4 1/2 hour nap! I hope you're feeling better today. Go get um.

Ruth: Good luck on finding the right place for Harry.

Soon: I hope work wasn't too bad. You're right about the lack of reward.

Barb: Sorry about Brian's teeth. DH and I both have problems with our teeth.

fl_mom: In case I forget...have a happy birthday.

Kiko: Glad to hear the breastfeeding is going well. I think the weight loss thing is a myth. I have friends tandem nursing a toddler and newborn with no weight loss.

Me:
Well I'm back down to where I was pre vacation but it hasn't been 48 hours yet. Sometimes I don't see a gain for 2 days. Phase 1 is going well with no cravings. If I'm still down tomorrow I may go back to phase 2. Any thoughts?

Lydia
Old 06-15-2005, 03:15 PM   #33  

Hello, everyone. It's HOT here, too. Heat index is supposed to be 104. Am debating if I should take DS to the pool again today. He didn't nap (again) and is on the crabby side---but "I" really love being in the water......we'll see. Have to take some clothes to the drycleaners, so it's all in the same area.

I have found a wonderful ice cream. It's called Carb Escape, and it's made by a company called Turtle Mountain. I got it at Kroger's, in the natural/organics section, next to all of the soy ice cream. It's a soy (dairy free) dessert, and so good I kept on checking the label and ingredients thinking, "How do they make this SO good?!" It only comes in pints, too, so it gets gone faster (a good thing, from my perspective.) Each serving has 150 cal, 11g fat/1 sat fat, no cholesterol, low sodium, and 18 g carbs/10 fiber, 0 sugar, 1 sugar alcohol, and 6 other. It was in three flavors: mint chip, butter pecan, and the one I got, chocolate almond. (No malitol in the chocolate, either.) Anyway........

Weight is just bouncing up and down between 247 and 248, just like for the last two weeks (since I started Phase 2.) Am getting a little frustrated, but I think (maybe) I'm gaining muscle? Have been exercising at least 5 days a week, if not 6, and DH keeps commenting "you're looking skinnier." I don't have a decent measuring tape, but even I think my thighs are looking a little skinnier. I'll know in a couple of weeks when I do my measure in at Curves.

Wanted to reply to everyone, but DS is getting very ansty, screaming in my ear...........
Old 06-15-2005, 04:00 PM   #34  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Angry

Hey BEACHIN BABES!

Not much time to post,,my computer is on the blink and my dishwasher decided not to drain,,,I poored draino n it and it flooded the kitchen and both sinks w/soap suds...got online and found site that said to poor 1/2c veg oil 2kill suds and it worked ,,,dishwasher still draining 2slow,,,hope it doesn't need replacing ,,,Have 2go to work again in 1hr so got to run,,,Hope uall r alright and having a BEACHIN DAY,u sure had some great posts 2day but no time to respond..............GOFISHIN
Old 06-15-2005, 04:07 PM   #35  

Height: 5'-2"

PHinsUP!, congratulations on the 3 pounds!!

Lydia, do you really feel the need to go on Phase II? Because if you can stick it out for a few more days, I'd go for it. However, if you feel that you're on the verge of "losin' it", I'd move on...

mamaeli, I'm sure you're gaining muscle! How sweet that your DH noticed.
I hope the weather cools down for you soon, hon.

I don't know WHAT to make for dinner. Except that couscous thingy. But the chicken is still in the freezer. And I'm hot...
Old 06-15-2005, 04:08 PM   #36  

GoFishin', I missed your post! You poor darling! What a DAY!!
I hope tomorrow is better for you, sweetie...
Old 06-15-2005, 05:10 PM   #37  

Ellis Are you still combining WW and SBD? I am thinking of doing the same. I think that for right now I am going to do WW, b/c it seems to (for me) require less prep work and cooking. I need to make sure I am intaking enough calories for nursing as well and they have a point value for that.

Just wondered what your success with combining them has been.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:21 PM   #38  

I lost 10 pounds on WW around Christmas time, but I just couldn't stick with it. Then I tried combining the two with a little bit of success. Then I went back on Phase I, lost 4 pounds, and then gained it back.
Right now? I'm concentrating on exercising. Sooner or later SOMETHING'S gotta click!
I do like WW, though. I like that you can eat "whatever you want", providing you stay within your points. It makes life a little easier.
Good luck with whatever you choose, hon!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:30 PM   #39  

2 Fins Up for PhinsUP - U GO!!!!
Go Fishin: UGH.. I hope your dishwasher just needed some sort of Clonic /Unclogging treatment.... There's only 2 of us here, and I don't know how I would survive without mine... LAZY A*** that I am...

MamaEli: CARB ESCAPE!!! MINT CHIP ...That's going right on next weeks shopping list ....oooh Thankyou! And you bet its probably muscle - it weighs more than fat but takes up less room..
Old 06-15-2005, 09:31 PM   #40  

Ellis, I will probaby stay on phase 1 for the week. I was just starting to get to like oat meal though.

Lydia
Old 06-15-2005, 09:42 PM   #41  
Mother Hen

Just a quick hello. My hubby came to the rescue again.I have been exercising in my pool but it is a lot of sun.I thought up the idea of getting an umbrella to attach to steps so I could do part of exercises out of sun. Told Bill my idea and he took care of it tonight.Went and got the umbrella after supper and then fixed it so I can use it tomorrow. I usually can't get him to do stuff right away. But he knows the pool is only way I can exercise but doesn't want me in sun so much. So he took care of it right away. Now I can exercise without being in sun for 1 1/2 hours.
Have done better with eating today. No snacking tonight except for some popsicles
Closed Thread