One of the biggest hurdles for me being on South Beach (especially for those first two weeks on Phase 1!) was phasing [pun intended] myself out of drinking diet soda all the time and switching to water.
I HATED WATER!
I wouldn't drink the stuff if I were playing softball and sweating a whole person out of me!
So, here are some tips I found helpful to get myself to drink, and dare I say LIKE, water! Feel free to add on!
1) Eat a sugar free cinnamon candy. Then drink plain water to cool you down.
2) Cut up a lemon or a lime and put in a baggie and take with you to work. It really does make water taste better.
3) I have a Nalgene -- so what I do is 32 oz of plain water. If I drink that, I reward myself with 32 oz of Crystal Light.
4) Buy flavored waters. Nestle now makes a "Pure Life" brand with Splenda in flavors like Raspberry and strawberry. What I do is drink half a bottle, then fill the half with plain water. You still get the berry taste but instead of only drinking 16 oz, you drink more like 24!
5) Buy flavored seltzer. I love the fizz! Or buy plain and add SF Syrups to it! Italian Soda it is
Hope that helps you a bit!