South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 02:18 PM   #1  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

Default Anyone a member of SBD online?

Is anyone here a member of SBD online? The one that you have to pay to be a member of? I am considering it..........thinking it would give me the incentive to stick to it. Any opinions and thoughts are appreciated

Thanks ~ Tracy
Old 06-13-2005, 02:38 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This came up when I used the search function. There are several other posts too. Just use the search function (above) to find threads with online in the title.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Tracy, I tried it for a month, and wasn't particularly impressed. I'm sure it's good for some people, though.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:04 PM   #4  

I am currently a member of the SBD online website. I am considering canceling my membership and coming here! LOL. I have been a member of the website for a long time now, and they have not added or changed anything. It is all the same old stuff. The message boards are absolutely wonderful, but I do not want to continue to spend $65 every 3 months just to talk to people on the website when you can get the same quality of people here with the same goals. There are tons of recipes there, but there are tons here too. I have noticed there are just as many people here with very successfull losses as there are on the website. The only reason I see the website as being helpful is if you have a bunch of questions and are new to the diet. If you have the gist of it, and are just looking for support, this site will work just fine. The only thing the SBD site has that this doesn't is the trained nutritionists section where you can ask questions, but it takes a few days for them to respond anyway. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:11 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Jen, thanks for your input! I'm glad you like it here.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #6  
Unzipping my new self!

Thanks for your responses ladies.

Ruth ~ I tried the search box....but must have put in the wrong words...because I didn't come up with that info.

Thanks for the tips!
Old 06-13-2005, 04:07 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I was talking about the 3FC search function which is in the purple bar at the top of this page. Is that the one you used? It worked for me and gave me several hits.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:31 PM   #8  

I am interested in this too. Jen, don't they have planned menus for you too? Is it just the same 14 days worth as in the book or are there other meals too?
Old 06-15-2005, 12:00 PM   #9  

There are all kinds of menu things on there, but I don't use them. If you want, and are able to use the menus, then it might be beneficial. I didn't find them useful because I barely have time to plan meals and I really don't cook. I just use the "foods to eat and avoid" list when I am out and about. That seems to have been working for me. I like the website, don't get me wrong, but for what I use on it, it's not worth $65/3 months. Hope this helps!
Old 06-16-2005, 05:35 PM   #10  

Woohoo! I am a member of My Points and just today I got an email with points for joining SBD online so I am going to go for it!

I will let you all know what I think.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm a member of SBD online, I really like it...I need to be able to set my menu like they have on there, and to be able to print out the shopping list is soooo convenient. I don't use the journal or the forum there. I don't need it when I have the Fat Chicks on the Beach! It's actually cheaper than WW! I saw a flyer for WW at work on the board and it was $162 for 14 weeks, and the SBD online was $65 for 3 mon...$5 a week. I will be much more inclined to stick with it if I'm paying for it! Mostly on there I use the Meal Planner and the Weight Tracker. It keeps up with your weight on a graph and calculates your BMI as well. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

I haven't seen the book, but there are a LOT of recipes on there, and they are constantly adding them.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:56 AM   #12  
Unzipping my new self!

Thanks! I appreciate your response.
Closed Thread