3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Beach chatters - Thur. June 9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/59335-beach-chatters-thur-june-9-a.html)

a broad abroad 06-09-2005 04:51 AM

Beach chatters - Thur. June 9

:goodvibes Since I know Ruth appreciates waking up to the daily thread already started I thought I would do the honors again today.

Were having a cold snap over here and it feels like early spring instead of almost summer. :( Even though its been chilly in the mornings I haven't felt like having a hot decaf lately so I've been having the choc. milkshake from the recipes and its mmmmGood. If you haven't tried it and want a choc fix, this is a good way to get one!!

I've been doing phase 1 for the last 9 days, today is 10. For the first 7 I was showing a modest loss every day until day 8, which actually brought me back to my ticker :shrug: The last three days the scale has stayed the same but the belly has gone down. I'll take it, but hope that by day 14 there will be SOME kind of additional loss on the scale too.

I guess I better get off my butt and the computer and outside for a walk.

Sending good beach vibes to you all.

PS - I just saw the cutest commercial on TV, a public service announcement.
It shows two men searching for something in someone's yard. One of them picks up two objects and says, wow look at these, what do you think they are? They other guys says, they look like thunderthighs. Someone must have lost them while they were out exercising. The first guy says, yeah they won't be looking for those anymore.

OK, I'm off to go lose my belly.

Ruthxxx 06-09-2005 05:24 AM

Wow! Another early start! Thanks, A Broad. I love the thunder thighs joke. I wish it was that easy to lose the darn things.

Yesterday was an OK day although I didn't get much gardening done. The morning was pretty well taken up with the Girls at the Vet. As I suspected, Hersh is up to 54 pounds again. I hope some of it comes off over the summer. Harry has been constantly sneaking her food and giving her cookies! Not good. :mad: The afternoon was semi-wasted with taking the car for servicing at the dealership. Usually it's a half hour but yesterday it was a whole Macleans magazine and a Reader's Digest! I did not get in to see Harry but did get my patio planter done.

The knee is just great - almost normal again. However, my sore throat is really bad :( this morning so I am going to go to the clinic for 8:30. Who needs it! I still haven't planted the Village barrels but....:shrug: This afternoon I'll visit Harry and take in the walker for him. I got an update from the Nurse yesterday afternoon and found he is in less pain than he has been so that's positive.

Coffee on the deck is badly needed. The Girls and I will discuss when their pool will be ready. Come sit and sip and chat a bit.

anchor weight 06-09-2005 07:42 AM

Morning chicks!

Today is my late day at work so I thought I would pop in early.

Yesterday I found a lump in my breast so I went to the doc. They think it may be a hardened milk duct but they are sending me for a mamogram and an ultrasound on tuesday. She said she wasn't concered but they just want to make sure it isn't anything. I was more than a little stressed so I ate TWO low carb ice creams last night. :p Oh well maybe some day I'll lose weight again. :rolleyes: I just have a feeling that from now until tuesday may be some bad diet days. :?:

A Broad - I wish we could lose thunder thighs like that! :lol:

Ruth - Your sore throat may be allergies? All of us our wheezing and blowing our noses!

Gosh I just read about the bad weather in Minnasota. I hope it quiets down before it gets to Michigan.

jenne1017 06-09-2005 08:07 AM

Morning ladies!

Ruth -- hope the sore throat feels better soon!!

Amy -- sending positive thoughts your way too!!

A Broad -- morning! send some of that coolness our way, would ya???

As for me, I have meetings this am so I don't have to leave for a bit. Going to eat breakfast and take a cheese stick with me as I have 2 meetings on Capitol Hill this AM. Trying to figure out what to do for lunch since I can't bring anything with me and don't have cash to grab anything...

*sigh*

I will figure it out.

Have a good day chicks!

RNMOM 06-09-2005 09:41 AM

Morning.....

Things are a bit quiet on the beach today. Here it's too cold to be thinking about a beach much less sitting on it! :p Snow just over the mountain yesterday.........boohiss.

Hopefully by the weekend things will perk up.

Not much going on here, had a food episode yesterday.......stressing out about my 13 year old daughter.....it's going to be a long summer :dizzy:

You all take care and behave! :crazy:

LOVE2C135 06-09-2005 09:54 AM

Good morning all! Not to brag or anything, but it's expected to be 75 and sunny here in beautiful Oregon today! However, the rains are expected back tomorrow. :mad: I guess I'll take what I can get. Man we've sure had our share of rain lately.

Well, pouting at the scale did no good. I think my love affair with the strawberries is going to have to end. I was trying to wait until they were all gone, but with the amazing effort at portion control lately, they're going to be around a few more days. I've been feeding them to my DS, but there's still a bunch left.

I really hope my stall leaves me when I quite the berries!

Well, have a great day everyone! :D

PHinsUP! 06-09-2005 10:10 AM

Good morning chickies!
I think it's gonna be a typical summer day in the south here, very warm with a very good chance for thunderstorms. I don't mind it as long as the rain is gone by this evening when it's time for water aerobics, since we've moved it into the outside pool.
I think I'm gonna head down to the river and walk before it starts raining.
Not much going on here right now. just plugging along!
Yesterday, I took a couple of my kids to my brothers house to swim, and I had more fun than I've had in ages, playing around with the kids. I am so glad to be feeling better and not so self concious. I know I still have a long way to go to reach my long term goal, I just can't imagine how good I'm gonna feel when I reach it, if losing this much makes me feel this good!
Well, you gals have a great day, I'm gonna go walking!

ilovemyluckycat 06-09-2005 10:35 AM

Good Morning!

Another really hot and humid day today. :cool: But I love it! I love summer. This morning I really didn't want to go to work. I love leisurely coffee days. I picture Ruth relaxing with her coffee and her puppies! Ruth, I'm glad your knee is well, even with the humidity up. Hope Harry is feeling better today.

Broad: Any bunny sightings lately!

Phins! All that swimming sounds like fun. This is the first time I've been with out a pool in awhile. I always had one at apt. Now I'm in a house. Rather be in a house than have a pool, but pools are nice (esp. when you don't have to clean them).

Anchor: hope everything is just fine with your breast

To All! Stay cool or get worm! LOL!

Sandi

soon2Bfab 06-09-2005 10:50 AM

Ugh..I was in the middle of writing a post & my pc went crazy!
Anyway I had a conflict mgt training yesterday & it was a joke. My boss was there (the one that eats fried chicken & "loses" weight) We were discussing the differences of healthy & unhealthy conflicts. She stated that "since she has been in this building, she has never had a healthy conflict." I challenged her & asked her if that was true or if she was just told things she didn't want to hear. Well she was a bit-- to me the rest of the day....she's something else. Dressed head to toe in pink - she looked like a bottle of pepo! Ugh!
Broad - It's been 90 here for a couple of days ((sending heat your way))

Ruth - glad to hear about the knee - take care of the throat!!

Amy - I'm sure everything will be ok...please keep us posted!

Jenn - a meeting on Capitol Hill - it sounds so official! I'm sure you'll figure lunch out...you're pretty crafty!

RN - SNOW....I was sweating in bed last night...wanna trade?

love 2c135 - I love strawberries too....they will be missed!

Phins - enjoy your walk!

Sandi - sounds like your day is going to be relaxing!! ENJOY!

Me: Excercise/crunches of course (2 inches off JEN!!) shower & work - ugh! But at least I'm off tomorrow!
Have a great day everyone!!

sweet tooth 06-09-2005 11:02 AM

WOW! I can't believe that I got in this early today. Usually there are 20 or more posts by the time I arrive.

abroad - Don't frett about the weight loss. It will come in its own good time. Just keep OP and you will soon find the weight coming off again. I think we often become too impatient with weight loss, but our bodies need to adjust to a different WOE and sometimes this takes longer for some than others. You can do it.

Ruth - Glad to hear that the kness is still holding up. Do take care of your sore throat. You can't afford to get sick now. :grouphug:

anchor - Will be thinking of you and praying for you this week. Good for your dr. to be sending you for testing. My dr. was telling me that his DM died from breast cancer that was totally preventable if her dr. had taken the care to send her for testing. Do take care.

jenne - You and me both with the lunch problem. I forgot mine at home, though. Well, I guess I will just have to manage until I get back home since I have so much running around to do at noon today that I can't take the time to stop, anyway. Have a good day today.

RNMOM - Don't stress. You are too close to goal to let it go. Maybe try to comfort yourself with OP foods when you feel the need to snack. I know that is hard, but worth the effort when it becomes a habit.

LOVE2C135 - Hmmm, I was hoping that the pouting at the scale would have some merit. Now, I'm really disappointed. I guess it's going to be staying OP to see the scale move downwards. Darn... :lol:

PHinsUP! - You are so lucky to be able to swim outdoors. It is still too cold here to have outdoor pools open, so we are still in the indoor pools. There aren't many people who have outdoor pools in their yards because the summer season is too short. People in warmer climates are so fortunate.

Me - Well yesterday was a hectic day. Finally got DM home from the hospital. When I went through her meds, I noticed that they were all messed up, so I am trying to straighten them out. I found 1 pharmacy where she gets part of her meds, but can't find the pharmacy that filled 2 of her other prescriptions. Then, I couldn't find any of her cancer medication at all, so it will be on the phone today to see if I can get more pills for her. Just when you think you are an empty nester, you become the guardian of parents. :dizzy: I know, it could be worse...

DH got home from his job interview last night and is hoping that he gets the job. The interview went well, so that is a positive, but he knows that there is an internal candidate that has applied. That's always a problem, but it will work out for the best, either way.

Well, not much happening here today. Hope to get back to the track by tomorrow. Really looking forward to that.

gofishin50 06-09-2005 11:07 AM

:wave:Hey 2all u BEACHIN BABES!!!!!...........RUTH.....Glad 2here Harry is improving:grouphug:.....:comp: No time to post yesterday,busy day then work:tantrum:,,,what a chatty bunch u were:gossip:.....Hot:flame: dry humid and 95 today in Rockwall,wish I cld ship:moped: some of this heat to all u who really need it.....Mr goodscale :goodscale:is stuck on stupid,not going anywhere of late:kickcan:....Really haven't had time to get all my h2o:dunno: and veggies in,Hard 2work and PPPPP at the same time:crazy:,,,,Off today then work nxt 6 nights:barf:,that (*&**)"s:censored:..........Some of u BEACHERS hv really lost a lot:cheer: proud of u...Hv 2run and get some weedeating done b4 it gets any hotter:smoking:,,,,,PLAY NICE AND DON'T THROW SAND,,,HAPPY BEACHIN:dance:.................GOFISHIN:dancer:

Barb0522 06-09-2005 11:31 AM

gofishin - You are sure right about the heat. I don't think it is actually much hotter than normally but it is certainly more humid than usual. I sure am glad I've got the gym to go to this year. Last summer I hadn't renewed my Bally's membership and was trying to walk/bike outside. It was rough since it seems like it never cools down enough even at night. Oh, and the mosquitoes are really bad in Richardson right now. I got two bites just checking the veggie garden last night :( Oh, well, at least so far no reports of West Nile.

sweet tooth - Tell you husband good luck on the job.

soon2befab - I usually select my text and copy it before I hit submit just for those times when the browser decides to error. Then I can just paste it back in. Now the PC at home was rebooting recently and it wouldn't help for that (although the new CPU fan helped).

PHinsUP - I love that feeling of freedom when I swim. Brian starts swim lessons soon so maybe we can make it to the city pool this weekend to practice. He has a pool party to go to on Saturday but I don't know the parents so I doubt if I will put on my swimsuit.

Love2C135 - Oh, I love strawberries. They are pretty low on the glycemic index. I think if it was me I would increase the water and exercise and keep the strawberries but you have to do whatever works best for you.

Jenne - I worry about you sometimes. Guess it's the mom in me. I know you'll do your best about eating right but I hate to think of you not having food with you.

anchor - Best of luck with the mammogram. I'm hoping it is nothing to worry about.

Ruth - Good news about the knee. I used to love those cortisone shots (until they wear off :( ) Hope your throat feels better soon.

A Broad - I just realized we are at the same weight and have the same goal. I'm 5' 3" and just got to a normal BMI. The doc says 125-135 is best though for a medium frame. It is certainly tougher to lose when you get closer to goal but it sounds like you are doing great. I'm almost happier to lose inches than pounds as I get closer to goal. Love the commercial!

Me - I've got a potluck dinner tonight. The Cub Scouts are providing the main dish and we bring a side dish/bread/dessert. I'm going to eat a small portion of dinner first so I will have had a healthy OP meal and I am bringing a crustless SF strawberry pie so I can have dessert with everyone. I might pick at some of the other foods if they look okay but I'm going to be careful. Then we're having an auction. This is my first one but I hope I can get some good stuff for our den.

anchor weight 06-09-2005 11:43 AM

Thanks for the good wishes! Sorry it is a little TMI but I just need someone to talk with. My doctor is a freak about self exams that you are supposed to do right after TOM ends. I noticed the bump and it feels more like an oblong bump which would fit the pattern of a vein or duct. When I explained it - I said it felt like a tendon. But who pulls a tendon in their boob - expect maybe an exotic dancer. :lol: I have breast cancer on my Paternal grandparents side not maternal - but like DM would be the first to tell you - I don't have her body - mine must have come from Dad's side of the family. :lol: The part I don't get is why have a regular squishy mamogram on both sides and just the ultrasound on the left side? :?: American medicine - go figure. Why not just do the ultrasound on both sides and skip the squishy? I've had two squishy ones before - one at 35 and one 2 years ago. I didn't have insurance last year during the divorce so I didn't go. Now I'm hoping that wasn't a mistake!

I'm going to try to keep a grip on the diet but I'm already nervous like a cat. That makes me eat. I'll just try to eat OP and not worry so much about calories right now.

beachgal 06-09-2005 11:43 AM

A Broad, congrats on the loss! :bravo: I'm sure the rest will come off. :yes: Whenever I tell my grandmother that I've lost weight she asks if I've found it yet. :lol: She loves corny jokes. ;)

:lol: Ruth...I can just see you and the girls 'discussing' the pool a la The Godfather. "What we have here is a difference of opinion..." (said in thick Italian/Jersey accent...) :lol: I'm SO glad that the knee is better, but your poor throat! I hope the clinic gives you something to help. My best friend's Irish grandfather always swore by gargling with (and then swallowing :devil: ) whiskey for a sore throat. ;) Glad Harry's pain is going down. I'm sure he'll be glad to see you today, but I'm glad you didn't go nuts trying to do everything yesterday. The barrels can wait. After all, they made you wait while they got them placed, huh? ;)

Anchor, you'll be in my prayers. It must be very stressful for you right now! :grouphug: We both know that even though eating sounds like it will help, you'd feel better if you concentrate on doing some healthy, life-affirming things. Try some exercise instead. Pound out your anger and worry on a treadmill, elliptical, or on pavement, if you're a runner. You can get through this without giving yourself more to worry about by overeating. I know you can, you strong woman! :strong: :grouphug:

Jenn, sorry about the food issues...maybe you can eat a bigger breakfast than usual just in case? :dunno: Of course, you could always hide some soynuts in your cheek for later! :lol3: (I still think it's funny that you hate them so much...kind of how I feel about eggs. :barf: ) Have good meetings anyway...could you meet up with HB for lunch?

I'll try to get to the rest later today. Have to run to lunch...am walking to the local farmers' market with friends from work. Sun, good produce, and friends...sounds like a great afternoon! :D

soon2Bfab 06-09-2005 12:18 PM

Amy don't be nervous! (I know easier said than done!) But think past today....if you eat off plan -when you find out that things are ok, you're going to be p.o. at your self for the way you ate. Meet some friends for a walk or to talk about your feelings. You'll feel better if you do this instead of eating! We're all pulling for you!!