South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:07 PM   #16  

Hi, just saying "good afternoon" to y'all. Not too much to report on this blanket....but I'm having a happier day, so that's good. Don't know why my hormones have been so wacky--I'm usually not this up and down. tried some no-sun tanner, so I'll keep you posted on how that ends up looking....kept having visions of the handprint lady mentioned earlier (broad abroad.) Anyway, good day to everyone, and will talk later.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:06 PM   #17  
A Lily from my yard!

Afternoon all! I have been busy tryin to catch up on all the threads. Lots happenin on da beach today! I know I can not post to everyone! I really need to get off here I hear thunder out there and the last thing I would want is to lose my precious puter! lol

Ruth...Take care. Well wishes to Harry!

Soon...You go girl! That reminds me of when we first moved here it was like the 3rd day and DD and I went to the Dollar General and we are at the check out and all of the sudden one of the girls jumps in front of the door and tells this lady either you give me whats in your bag or I'll call the police. She was like I don't have anything and she said yes you do I saw you and I will lock this doors and call the cops or you can hand it over and I'll let you go. Chick pulls out all kinds of packs of men's underwear from her bag. Goes out and gets in a new Jeep Grand Cherokee! I'm like well that's a nice welcome to a new town!

Anchor...Don't sweat it. Easy for me to say huh! Oh and I can burst your bubble of heart throb marriage real easy! Anytime your thinkin it's all flowers and romance just IM and I'll give ya the real skinny on it! I envy the single chicks! If he don't act right dump him and get another! lol Sounds like you and DS have a lot planned! FUN FUN FUN! Enjoy him while you can. Pretty soon he will be toooo cooool to hang with Mom! lol

Angel...Congrats on your new ride! OMG an '85! Wow you must be super excited! Those are cute cars. Zoom Zoom Zoom! lol

Oh no it's really startin to storm I gotta shut her down! Have a great day all!
Old 06-06-2005, 04:13 PM   #18  
beachbum

Hi Gals

Got all my shopping done,as I told you before going down to my DD's house and if not SB friendly.Bringing SB Cereal for Breakfast and Salad for Lunch and she will provide the dinner.I'll eat the protein & veggies,to stay OP.

Little Chick- Good Luck with the screaming baby.

Soon-were you scared stopping the shop lifter. You did a herioic job catching the guy.Well you get a reward??????

Tammy-Big congrat on your 10 lb weight loss.

RN mom- Wow riding a bike for 36 miles. Wish I could ride a bike the only one I can is the stationary bike I never learned as a kid.BooHoo!!

Bamie-your correct the computer is the first to go(surging) when the power go out during those storms.Take care.

Have a nice evening everyone Hugs BB
Old 06-06-2005, 05:03 PM   #19  

Question Board Question

Hi Everyone! This is my first time playing around with this website, and I have a few questions. I am currently a member of the Official South Beach Diet website, but I found this and it looks similar. How do you all feel about the quality of this website? I think it might be worth switiching over. This is free, and I spend $65 every 3 months on the SBD site! This seems a little harder to navigate, but that might be because I am new to it. I hope I am doing it right. I figured out the signatures, and they are more user-friendly here... I have been on my 2nd round of SBD since Christmas, and the weight is slowly coming off. I am averaging a little over 1 pound per week. It seems like it is going so slow, but those little pounds add up.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:19 PM   #20  

Hi All,
Since I'm new, I will briefly tell a little about myself. I am 22, and engaged to Larry. Our wedding is April 8th, 2006, so if any of you have any tips or great ideas for things, LET ME KNOW! I am trying to balance the wedding planning, working full time in accounting, and working on my MBA at night. We just got an apartment together, and we have been dating for 5 years. (since Junior year of HS!). We have one of my younger college friends renting our extra room for the summer. More about me: I have been on SBD for about 3 years now on and off. Started out Spring of 2003, lost 20lbs for vacation, fell off the beach, gained back 35. I restarted Dec 2004, and have since lost 31 of those darn 35 that I regained. I want to lose another 40 or so before the wedding. It took me 5 months to get to 30lbs lost, so I figure in another 6 or so, I can lose the rest. I don't really have time for exercise, but then again, I am rarely on the couch because I am so busy. I am thinking about getting a personal trainer and joining a gym, but I don't know if I have time to fit it in. Well, I guess that's a brief overview...
Old 06-06-2005, 08:25 PM   #21  
Cat Lover

Hi Jen! Hi to all!

Not much new here. I finally planted my tomatoes!!!!! I was so lazy. I compleyely wasted yesterday doing nothing! Well it happens once in a while.

We had our first thunderstorm today. It was wild driving home, but nice now and everything cooled off.

I think I will go to bed soon...I'm still tired.

Sandi
Old 06-06-2005, 08:40 PM   #22  
A Lily from my yard!

Hi jen4806! Several of the chicks here used to pay for the official site but stopped when they found this one. FREE is always good! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. There are several chickies around here planning a wedding! Kissjoy who is on the beaches of Hawaii this week is a wedding planner! Welcome aboard!
Old 06-06-2005, 08:46 PM   #23  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh BTW Jen4806...Did I mention you won't find a better group of supporters anywhere! We're great and usually friendly! lol We try not to throw sand tooooo much or Mama Ruth will beat us with her chicken bag! lol Just kidding...maybe! lol
Old 06-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen4806
I am currently a member of the Official South Beach Diet website, but I found this and it looks similar. How do you all feel about the quality of this website? I think it might be worth switiching over.
Jen,
If you're staying on the beach you might as well stay on this one. It's cozy like a family vacation (or is that crazy...). We have a daily thread which Ruth usually starts as she's an early riser. When she starts the new one she locks the old one. You don't have to try to figure out where to start or read for 3 hours to get caught up.

Bamie, you weren't supposed to tell her we sometimes throw sand until after she set up her stuff.

Lydia

Last edited by mama.dragon; 06-06-2005 at 11:09 PM. Reason: needed to add something
Closed Thread