South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 10:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

Default Phase I Start - Monday, 23rd

Hi all, I'm starting over. I started SB in January of this year, went off for a while, switched over to Atkins, fell off that....finally decided I was tired of being fat and had to do something for good this time. Hubby has never dieted with me, I'm thinking that's why I've failed so many times. He's gonna do it with me this time, maybe it will help keep me on track....also daughter is doing it too, doctor approved it. We are all going to weigh in monday a.m. and measure and i'm kinda scared to see what the scale says.....anyway, I'm gonna check in here everyday so you ladies can keep me on track! See ya on the beach
Old 05-23-2005, 12:43 AM   #2  

Smile Anyone starting May 23rd ?

Just wondering if anyone else is starting tomorrow ?
Old 05-23-2005, 05:54 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jenn and Summering. I merged your two threads. I am sure there will be others joining you today.

Please be sure to read all the lists and hints in the FAQ Section and post in this thread about how it's going. The MODs pop in with comments as do other experienced Beachers.

I'm halfway through a Phase I restart but had a bad weekend and probably should be joining you chicks!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:50 AM   #4  
Darrell's Girl

I'm there! I went grocery shopping last night and bought everything OP and tossed anything that wasn't... I'm serious and ready to get back to work!
Old 05-23-2005, 08:39 AM   #5  
i luv my dog!

Count me in! I've been a "little (lot) lenient lately" and now I'm ready to blast away those stubborn last 10 pounds. It's summer time and I want some clothes I can keep!
Old 05-23-2005, 08:39 AM   #6  
Gryffindor Pride

I throw my hat in the ring with you guys! I started last week but over the weekend I was not as strict as I would have liked to be. So I am starting anew today! I went out yesterday with my mom and I got all sorts of healthy food for me to make and take with me. SF Jell-O and some chicken and stuff. Very exciting, I think! So, on a new day with Phase I! Two weeks to go.. Ugh, 2 weeks!
Old 05-23-2005, 08:52 AM   #7  

Hey everyone,

I started Phase I today, and I'm new to this community. This is the first low-carb diet I have ever tried, and I think it will work really well for me as I've always struggled with blood sugar and have a history of diabetes in my family.

I'm looking forward to the heart benefits as much as everything else. I'm 25 years old and am starting to show signs of high cholesterol, even though I only have about 20-25 pounds to lose.

Had some scrambled eggs with 2 percent cheese slice today for breakfast. I'm drinking my water here at work, and I've brought a part-skim cheese stick for a snack. So far so good.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:09 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good luck you all! You can do it!!!! I need some good news from you all come Sat. when I re-start!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 11:48 AM   #9  

Have a great Phase 1
Old 05-23-2005, 12:17 PM   #10  

Hi! I'm new, starting today -- need to lose those last pesky 130 pounds I've dabbled in South Beach and other low carb plans but never followed through. I now have a whole month without a deadline, or a crunch period coming up (that I can predict, anyway!) and thought that would give me enough time to really do this right. I'm 55, have been dieting most of my life. My lowest adult weight was about 190. Went up to 230 15 years ago, and then zoomed up from there. Time to zoom down! Glad to meet all of you
Old 05-23-2005, 12:30 PM   #11  
Darrell's Girl

SHURA! You kill me! the last 130 pesky pounds...now THAT is a great way to look at it! i am at work and i busted out laughing out loud at that one... hehehehehehe

Welcome to the Beach!
Old 05-23-2005, 12:36 PM   #12  

count me in! I too started in January and was doing really well until about March. I have been really bad so I am back to square one. It feels good to be back!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

Just checking in, today is going pretty good so far....craving the sweets and kinda headachy but it's worth it
Old 05-23-2005, 01:21 PM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome to all the newbies joinin in! I sent DH to the store yesterday with a big ol list of stuff to make several p-1 recipes. I may have fell off over the w-end but the wagon did not run me over! teehee
Old 05-23-2005, 01:27 PM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good for you chickies at stocking up on OP foods and tossing the stuff that isn't on plan. It helps so much! If you know you have events coming up where the food will be tempting, make a plan now for how you will handle it or just don't go. Cheating in Phase 1 really sets you back and you need to start over if you cheat, even a little. In Phase 2, the plan is much more forgiving of small cheats, but in Phase 1, you need to be strict. You know? I know you can do it!

Remember, SBD is NOT a low-carb diet. It's a good carbs, good fats diet. We don't worry about how many carbs we are eating...we worry about what kinds of carbs we are eating. Don't fall into the "buy everything that says low-carb" frenzy, okay? We're aiming at eating lots of unprocessed foods. Yum!

And don't forget to get your veggies and water in. At least 4.5 cups of veggies a day (that means you probably need them at all three meals, including breakfast, and at least one snack) and 64 oz of pure water (no, soda and crystal light don't count).

Welcome to the beach...I think you'll love it here! Returnees, we saved your towels...the cabana boys are fluffing them up right now.
Closed Thread