South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 07:09 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - June 4th and 5th

Well, the Doggie Alarm clock went off at 4:40 this morning so I didn't get enough sleep again. I was considering putting them in the kennel for an overnight so I can get some solid sleep but know darn well I'd still be awake with the sun.

Thanks for all your good wishes yesterday. I am actually rather relieved to let somebody else look after Harry for a day or two. I know that sounds awful but it's kind of nice to be "just me" this morning and not have to fret about bloodtesting, breakfast, bed changing, etc.

I'll be going in to the hospital after lunch today and am going to spend the morning doing some more house purifying, might get to the library and might even get some planting done. I am going to be as careful as possible with food which is not a problem because the hospital food sucks bigtime! Even the nurses say that!

Anyhow, have a great weekend. Whatcha got planned?
Old 06-04-2005, 07:34 AM   #2  

Morning Ruth!

Well I am very frustrated...VERY VERY! i am doing everything right and I am not losing ANYTHING? So what gives?

So I cant decide if I am not eating enough..or too much..My heart says I am prob not eating enough....
I have added Pilates into my everyday routine now....and making sure I get at least an hour in everyday......*SIGH*

what is everyone up to this weekend???
Old 06-04-2005, 07:36 AM   #3  
gotta lose it!

Hi Ruthie!! I hope Harry makes a fast recovery! Do watch the hospital food....when my mother was first in the hospital in Jan, I gained back all the weight I lost on phase I & then some - ugh. I think I was doing some major stress eating as welll! Take care of you!!
I'm off to work today - ugh! It's going to be nice & I have to sell clothes today - oh well gotta pay the bills!
Have a great weekend!
Old 06-04-2005, 07:37 AM   #4  
gotta lose it!

HI angelshine!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 07:40 AM   #5  

HI soon2bfab!!! we are all early birds huh
Old 06-04-2005, 07:54 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, I'm so glad that Harry is in hospital. You know what I mean. He'll be well looked after, and you'll get a much need rest. I hope!
You take very good care of yourself... hear me? I love you...

Hi Angelshine!

Soon2b, sounds like you had a great time yesterday. Gay men make the best friends for married women.

I'm going to a garage sale, but I'll be back later...
Old 06-04-2005, 08:00 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ellis, don't buy a garage. There isn't room in your lane! It'd have to be four feet in from the lot line and you'd loose part of your new kitchen.

Fab, I just don't eat the crappy hospital food. When H. was in there a few years ago, I took him lunch every day and dinner sometimes. Sorry you have to work this weekend.

Angelshine, you have already lost EIGHT pounds, girlfriend! That is a good percentage of what you want to ditch. Be patient - your body is doing a re-org!
Old 06-04-2005, 08:09 AM   #8  
Mother Hen

Good morning all.It is still rainy and cloudt here in Florida,Yuck
Ruth I hope you get some good rest or else you will be sick yourself. Hope you Hubby is much better when you get to hospital. At my house it is usually me the one in hospital.
Hospital food is either very good and you eat too much or very very bad and you fill up on junk food to make up for it.And sometimes the vending machines just call your name.
angelshine90 I was very frustrated when I first started SB as hubby was losing so good and me so slow. But I finally decided that 1/2# Every week would add up and I do feel better eating the SB way. I am doing a combo Phase 1 and 2.More 1 than 2. My biggest carb I brought back on a regular basis is fruit(apples/oranges) and fat free mini bag of popcorn. I still do not eat white potatoes,pasta bread or rice. I have fixed Ronzoni wheat pasta a few times.But as a side dish not the main meal. I try to stick to good carbs like sweet potatos. I have found that my craving for other foods has decreased(like chocolate) I had a great cheeseburger at a restaurant last night with no bread or potatoe.My side was mushrooms. Restaurants are very good about special requests.As soon as I say no bread they know it is coming.HaHa
Well I have to get a shower and head out to my art class. Have a good day all
Old 06-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #9  

Morning all.

Ruth, I'm sorry you couldn't get more sleep but I'm glad you're getting some emotional rest. I didn't realize you had to do so much for him.

Angleshine, to repeat what everone told me...hang in there it will come off.

Me, I finally saw the scale move down a pound. dd is in a perticularly sensitive mood today. I can see I'm in for a long day.

Lydia
Old 06-04-2005, 09:00 AM   #10  

Good Morning Ladies!

Ruthie: Hope your Harry makes a speedy and full recovery! And don't feel guilty about handing over care giver responsibilities. Those are not selfish thoughts.We all need time to replenish our spirits lest we give give give till we are spent, become crabby,crotchety and resentful!

Angelshine:
I know it's frustrating when you seem to be doing all the right things. I've been entering my food and activity everyday in Fitday.com to help me. I'm only into week 2 of PH1 and my scale has stalled. I know I'm definitely not eating enough. I barely make 1,000 calories a day- but I'm not hungry.

Hello Ellis, Eleni and Soon2bfit!

Me: Well I'm officially unemployed - and couldn't be happier! DH and I are moving to North Carolina sometime this summer if all goes as plan. I had been commuting into the Bronx and Yonkers for the passed 2 years and the 3.5 plus hour daily commute was extremely draining...Up at 4:30 out the door at 5:30 - in at 7, and out at 6, and home by 7:30 each day didnt leave much time for anything but getting ready for the next day .... So, my focus will be on me getting healthy - and getting the townhome up for sale .. But before that , I'm taking a few days and going up to see my DF in Scranton. I'm looking forward to sitting in her hot tub, playing Scabble and just doing fun GF things!
Have a great day all!
Old 06-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin chicks! I have been up since 7:30 with the phone ringing! DH and I are takin the bike out today for a lil while. I gotta get ready he's gettin ill! lol Just wanted to say hey and have a good day all! I'll check in later.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:32 AM   #12  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking

Hey 2all u BEACH BABES!!!!!................RUTH,,,,Cldnt wait 2get up and read last posts from ystrdy,, so glad Harry is being watched aft at hospital,,try to rest,,prayers for u both,,,,BARB,,,(my fellow Texan),,Good luck n ur 5k 2day,,I used to run them till I tore my ACL and broke my R ankel,,doctor says nothing but a stationary bike for me,I'm accident prone,,,ELLIS,,,,I luv garage sales(except the one's were they lay all their dirty laundary on the grass for u2 look through)..have fun....Hey 2all U othr BABES,hv fun on ur BEACH TOWELS this weekend.......Mr Goodscale :down another lb 2day,,5lbs 2go....Summer is here in Texas ,,hot,dry mid 90's but I hv 2go to work again today,at least I'm off at 5pm...Hope uall hv a BEACHIN GREAT WEEKEND:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... ........GOFISHIN
Old 06-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #13  

thanks...ruth..and everyone else.....I should be proud of myself instead of beating myself up for not losing more...OK....new attitude!!

<3
Old 06-04-2005, 10:06 AM   #14  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking

Hey ANGELSHINE.....Just a thought,Ur matabolizm(sp?) has adjusted to what u r doing and needs a kick start.....Pilates is great but weight training wl kick it back into gear,muscle burns more calories,,,and drink like a fish,,,I consume abt 128oz of water,beverages(and wine ),,the more u PPPPPP the more burned calories u wash out of ur system,,,,Uv done great so for,keep up the good work,,,Hope this helps.....GOFISHIN
Old 06-04-2005, 10:11 AM   #15  

Question Newbie lost!

Good morning! Sorry to but in like this but I need some help!!!! I am on the beach again and I am looking for some support. Problem is I do not know how to get connected with the support. I am a mom of two (3 and soon to be 5) I stay at home with my children after quitting my RN position in Labor & Delivery when my first was born. I love being at home with them. I am thinking about home schooling this coming year. So if someone can direct me to how this site works. Thanks
Closed Thread