South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 06:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF - Beach Chat - June 3

A week of long hard days culminated in a really bad night last night.

When I was at a meeting, Harry fell and really got a bad "cut" on his scalp. The amount of blood was really shocking - think Manson murders! I could not get it stopped myself so called 911 and we were at the hospital until three this morning. Needless to say, I'm wiped and also worn out. I'm hoping to get back to sleep after doing my doggie duties.

Harry has a big white turban covering 11 stitches and is dressed in scrubs as his clothes were just soaked. I take back the scrubs on Tuesday when I go for my cortisone shot. He seems OK. I got him some peanuts for a snack on the way home as he was crabbing about being hungry.

By the way, my neighbour Liz spotted the ambulance and came down. All she said was, where is your pail? She took care of the blood cleanup which certainly was appreciated. I have never seen anything like it and the room at the hospital was almost as bad.

So that's my tale of woe. I am going to try for a restful day so play nicely!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:55 AM   #2  

Sorry to hear about Harry's head, Glad he is alright! It's times like that that make you more grateful to have good neighbors. Hope you have a nice quiet day today.. no trauma or drama

Enjoy
Old 06-03-2005, 07:59 AM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

WOW Ruth!!!!!!!!!

How horrible. I hate the hospital. Hugs to you AND Harry!

It's a crappy/rainy/cold/gray Friday today. Luckily I can wear jeans today to work. I am a bit bummed -- got on the scale this am and all it moved was -.2 -- UGH!!!

So maybe I go to the gym by myself tomorrow? I do know that when I work out I always GAIN!!!!!!!! And shouldn't the pounds come off during P1??? I know, I know. But I am still frustrated.

Off to shower and get dressed. Leaving so close to 9a is what I love about working so close to home now

Have a good Friday!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:59 AM   #4  

HI Schatzi!!! We posted at the same time!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:13 AM   #5  

ooh wow I am sorry! I hope that Harry feels better!
way to get him some nutts when he was hungry !!! even in a crisis you are thinking about being healthy!!!

as for me...I could't be happier that its FRIDAY! gonna do a little shopping tomorrow and enjoy the Sun...it is suppose to be in the 80s today! woohoo! Too bad i am stuck in here ah well!!!

*question....How long does it usually take to lose ONE pound of weight???

Lots of love
Old 06-03-2005, 08:28 AM   #6  
Mother Hen

Ruth What a terrible night you had.It sounds like you have a wonderful neighbor. That's what real friends do.Hope you get some rest today.
It is another rainy dreary day here in "sunny" Florida. It will gradually will get better tho.
I am still doing good on SB. I am losing slow but steady. That works for me. Those 1/2# losses are adding up. Plus I feel better not eating the white potatoes,bread,pasta.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:40 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Ruthie! I'm so sorry, sweetie. I hope you're sleeping now... you must be exhausted.
I'm so glad you've got good neighbours... sending you and Harry lots of love and hugs...

Hi to the rest of you girls!
Just working on my first coffee...
Old 06-03-2005, 08:54 AM   #8  
RNMOM

Default hiya

Ruth, sorry about Harry. There's nothing like a head wound to bleed like you've been out hunting! Hopefully you were treated well and Harry doesn't have too big of a headache today. I wish I had been your neighbor, I would have cleaned up for you.

angelshine, send some of that warm weather this way! Freezing cold here today

Ellis, wake up lovey! You certainly have more to say! How's the kitchen? (or do I dare ask?)

Eleni, congrats of the 1/2# losses. They do add up and you should feel very proud of yourself!

jenne, enjoy your day at work, it would be fun to wear jeans to work. I get to wear pajamas.....OK it's my own fault that I wear scrubs to bed....

We leave for the bike trip today. I still can't believe I got pressured into doing this. I haven't had the time to dedicate to train for it. It should be fun to just have some "female bonding" time together. We all have pretty strong personalities (we have to, we deals with less intelligent life forms...ie doctors) Anyway, it should be fun. We are eating at a famous Mexican restaurant tonight......I'll make good choices!

Well, TGIF, the weekend is almost here. Tie a knot in the end of that rope you're swinging from and hand on!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:00 AM   #9  

Ruth, hugs to you and Harry. Glad it wasn't anything more serious. Terrific neighbor. She gets a hug too.

Jenne, I'm still stuck. Sheesh!

Ellis, are you behaving?

I grey and going to rain again. Gotta love summer in the south.

Lydia
Old 06-03-2005, 09:15 AM   #10  

RNMom, you're going to have SO much fun!! I hope you'll be wearing a helmet, girl! I can't wait to hear about the trip!

Lydia, why are you stuck? Do you need to post a day of eating so we can pass judgement on you?
I've started Phase I again. I'd gained back the four pounds I lost, but I'm on day 4 now, and I've lost three pounds.
Come on girl... we can do this!!

DH has the morning off, and we're going to have breakfast together. I always ask them to leave the toast off the plate so I don't have to look at it.

I have had the busy week from !@##. If one more person drops in on me or demands time of me, I'm going to cry. (Ruth, you call me anytime, hon. )
I was just settling down for a little "me time" last night when one of my best friends called. His ex-boyfriend is dying of colon cancer. I told him to come right over, and he bawled his eyes out in my arms. Poor love.
I know he'll be calling me again soon, and that's okay. I'll just have to kill someone to relieve the tension, that's all.

DH is bathing before we go out, but I'm damned if I am! Maybe I'll brush my teeth. Maybe...
And then I may crawl into to bed and shut out the world for awhile.

Love you all... hope you're doing okay.
Continuing prayers for those that need them...
Bamie, how's your knee? And your son? And your Mom?
Peggy, how are you feeling hon?
xoxo Ellis
Old 06-03-2005, 09:23 AM   #11  

Ellis, I'm glad to hear you're not giving up. I think I'm stuck because I'm constipated. There's probably a few pounds of weight in there. OK TMI. I'll try to get my meal list up when DH goes out. Right now I'm trying to get my computer work done before DH and wild child get up.

Lydia
Old 06-03-2005, 09:31 AM   #12  

Lydia, DH and I were grocery shopping yesterday, and saw this packet of things in the "health food" part of the store. They were these biscuits, and they were called, "Bowel Buddies". You just eat one a day. Can't remember the carb count, but when I saw them (after rolling around on the floor in hysterics for awhile), I thought of all you girls who get constipated.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth! What a traumatic experience! It must have been hard for even a stalwart soul as you to see all that blood and Harry must have been terrified! I'm so glad he is okay and that you have such good neighbors. Get some rest, sweet girl. ((((((((((((((Ruth))))))))))))

Hi, Schatzi!

Jenn, I feel you about wanting that scale to move. It does, eventually, but it takes time. It's hard to lose in P1 when you've been on SBD for a while. You never know, though, it may surprise you! If you always gain at the gym, think about what else you do around it. Do you overeat before or after because you are extra hungry? Do you drink less water? It could be extra muscle, but I would be surprised to see it show up immediately. Lucky girl on the commute and the jeans...we aren't allowed to wear them to work.

Angel, it can totally vary to lose one pound depending on a million factors. It's different for each person. Have fun tomorrow...your weather sounds amazing!!!

Eleni, good for you on keeping a sunny attitude in spite of the weather! Congrats on the losses...looking good, girl!

RNMom, you are going to show those chickies what's what when you do that bike ride! You are a and you know it! You made me laugh with your comment about doctors... Enjoy the Mexican food!

Lydia, I hear you...it's grey here too. But it's Friday no matter what the weather looks like! I know being stuck is awful hon, but it will come off...trust me! I'm moving again after three months of being stuck...it does happen!

Ellis, I'm so sorry that everyone is tearing and scratching at you. You need your time to regenerate. The world can wait. Turn off the phone and the lights and burrow under those covers until you are feeling right again. Okay? You are such a dear friend to so many, but we don't have the right to use you up until there's nothing left. So sorry about your friend. Cancer is awful stuff...the older I get the more people I love are taken from me because of cancer. Something needs to be done, but I'm not sure what.

Me:
Well, still hanging out at 210.5 I was so scared that I'd bounce back up like I did two months ago after hitting 208. It's so nice to lose and have it stick, but I'm treading on eggshells for now hoping it doesn't change...

Finsiehed all my stuff in time to hit the picnic for a half hour yesterday. Class ended early and was able to get to the party in time. Jenn, you would have had a fit as it was chip central there. I think almost everyone was holding a party-size bag of something and noshing away... Thankfully I had a nice glass of red wine to sip and just enjoyed hanging out with friends.

Tonight DH and I are going to hang at home. Tomorrow I have an appt. with my therapist, want to do some errands, do some puttering in the garden, and some Pilates/yoga. Tomorrow night is a reception for graduation, and Sunday morning is the ceremony. We'll pop in on a friends' party, and then go up to a winery up north for dinner. They have four course meals and a fabulous view! The only thing I'm worried about is dessert. It's included and I'm hoping they'll either have some kind of sugar-free option or will bring me some fruit instead. I already know what appetizer I'll have...it's a platter with local grapes and local cheeses...a bit too much fat, but other wise fine. Yum!

Have a great weekend, chickies!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oh man, Ellis, I could use some of those! The toilet and I are not good friends lately. And this isn't the kind of subject I like talking about with my doctor.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:46 AM   #15  

Lyd -- and Laurie -- I am in the same boat. Even drinking my YUMMY (read that with sarcasm please) Metamucil...

Oh Laurie -- you HAD to say chips???? lol
Closed Thread