South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 12:42 AM   #1  

Smile If you aren't losing as much as you'd like....

Get some daily exercise! I think you'll see a difference in your results! I think you'll see a difference in your attitude too!
Go for it!
Old 05-31-2005, 05:28 AM   #2  
Cat Lover

You've done well AZ! I'm hoping to be able to say the same by Christmas! I try to "move" everyday. My favorite things are extra long walks (over an hour), gardening, and the occasional running (I'm doing a 5k on Sat.).

I know a lot of chicks here are big on gardening. What else does everyone get into?

Sandi
Old 05-31-2005, 09:27 AM   #3  

I have a 4 1/2 yr old high energy daughter. Does that count as exercise?
Lydia
Old 05-31-2005, 09:55 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Darn, tootin', Lydia!

I'm going to get on my treadmill...
Old 05-31-2005, 10:51 AM   #5  

How about taking that sweet little girl of your's for a walk today? Incorporate exercise into her life at this age and you'll both benefit
Old 05-31-2005, 12:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

I enjoy taking kiddos to the park, letting oldest ride her bike and pushing youngest in stroller, adds a little more work to it...especially when going up the hills. And on really nasty days, I like doing my Tae Bo.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:20 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

AZ, great point! Though Dr. A says you can succeed on SBD without exercise, I can tell you that it's very slooooow going without it.

I love the elliptical, Jazzercise class, Pilates/Yoga (class or video), strength training (makes me feel like a buff goddess! ), long walks with DH and the dog, hiking, and can't wait to kayak this summer.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #8  

Oh Beachgal, a gal after my own heart! I can't wait to get my Kayack out either! I'm starting out with a plan of walking this week, and will add strength training...Then next week I'll pop in a aerobic tape...But the point 4 me is to Just MOVE each day ...
Old 06-02-2005, 12:51 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 2"

AZ, that's so true. Move it and lose it!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:06 AM   #10  
beachbum

Laurie:

Your suggested to get my tracker moving down I should change with I eat or change my exercising. The first doesn't need changing,like the exercising does. But when you say strength training How heavy do the weight have to be???? I really don't have strenght in my left hand to handle heavier weight that 3 lbs. right now I'm using 2 lb weight. Its too little.??

Hugs BB
Old 06-02-2005, 05:58 PM   #11  
Tina

Hey chicks...I'm a non-exercise beacher and the weight seems to be coming off pretty rapidly, IMO. I will say though, it probably depends on how active you are within your typical day also...I am always running around doing something, like this week is getting the basement cleaned out and organizing stuff for a yard sale...doesn't seem like much, but coupled with taking care of two kids and the house, it is, . Anyways, so I think as long as you stick to eating OP the majority of the time, and baring no medical reasons for it not too, the weight will come off regardless. It IS much better to exercise though if you can, from past experience I know it helps a ton in toning!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:26 PM   #12  

I joined the gym back in January, and have worked out 3-4 days a week on average. I watched what I ate somewhat, but always fell back on "hey, I'm working out, I can eat more"....and the scale didn't move. Last week was my first week ever on SB (phase 1) and I could tell almost right away the difference. 4 pounds last week and hopefully the same or more this week. I enjoy working out once I get there...especially now that I'm off for the summer. It's going to make it much easier to go when I want to instead of after a long day of teaching!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:54 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I think I am going to go to the gym tomorrow too. I joined and haven't been in 3 months. I want HB to go with me, but the scale is not moving (yes I got on it again!) despite my walking.

::sigh::
Old 06-03-2005, 12:21 PM   #14  

Jenn, hit the gym with or without your sweetie You'll feel so good when you are done and tonight when you're recounting your day before bed, you'll be so glad you did. Do this for YOU! You deserve to be the best you can be
Closed Thread