South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 05:23 PM   #31  

Hi, I'd like to join in. I started Ph 1 afer a month on a very low calorie diet--shakes and one small meal a day. I transitioned into SB on Sunday and Monday and I am fully following it now. I have at least 85 lbs to lose and then we will see how it goes.

So far I am finding the plan pretty easy to follow though I just found out I have had too many pistachios today and am supposed to be drinking milk. I guess I have an old book. I think having gone through total deprivation for the last month, that it has made Ph 1 easier for me to adjust to. I have had no sugar, no breads, no carbs at all basically other than vegies for the last month so I don't know for sure if I need to do Ph 1, but I figure it can't hurt.

Julie
Old 05-25-2005, 05:32 PM   #32  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome! Julie, check out the FAQ, especially the Emergency Guide that's stuck there. AdiaFaith did a great job compiling the links in that.

You probably won't see as much loss in Phase 1 as people who were eating a lot of carbs will, but it will definitely get you on the right track. You'll definitely want to check on the updated food lists.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:00 PM   #33  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Day two down for me and I did great. Ate well even with working I usually eat all the wrong things but today went great. So far so good with no headache tonight last night I thought my head was going to explode right off my body. Keep up the good work chicks. We can do this.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:46 PM   #34  
A Lily from my yard!

DisneyMom3...Welcome to the sand!
Old 05-26-2005, 12:42 AM   #35  

Day 1 for me went well . Here's hoping tomorrow will be just as good !
Old 05-26-2005, 01:49 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

Going on Day 4 here for me. I feel GREAT! my official weigh in day isn't til Monday but I figured I'd peek today.....Down 6.2 lbs! Woo Hoo!
Did some light strength this a.m. with dumbells and taking kiddos to the park after school to walk and let oldest ride her bike
For you ladies who eat yogurt, try adding 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, so YUMMY! plus I've read that cinnamon is great for weight loss, helps speed metabolism. Hope you ladies have a great OP day
Old 05-26-2005, 03:46 PM   #37  

I woke up to 166 this morning ... I know it's water but I'm happy !
Old 05-26-2005, 04:28 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Welcome! Julie, check out the FAQ, especially the Emergency Guide that's stuck there. AdiaFaith did a great job compiling the links in that.

You probably won't see as much loss in Phase 1 as people who were eating a lot of carbs will, but it will definitely get you on the right track. You'll definitely want to check on the updated food lists.
Yep, I am figuring my dramatic loss has already happened. That is okay. I was really scared about regaining weight initially when I started back to a more normal food intake and that hasn't happened at all so far. That is a huge thing for me so i am feelign great.

I had that Peanut butter cup dessert that is in the Phase 1 recipes last night. Oh my goodness! That was the best thing I have had in a really long time. I told DH I didn't know if it was because I had been totally deprived or if it was really that yummy, but to me it was fab!!!

I had made one of the ricotta desserts and it was pretty gross in my opinion--couldn't get past the texture. Told DH I am going to the store and went and bought all the ingredients. Gonna use the peanut butter with my celery for my afternoon snack.

Anyone else feel like they have eaten more vegetables this week than at any other time in their lives!! Sheesh. Somehow sometime in the last year or so, I have grown to like V8 so that is a big help especially in the mornings as I just can't bring myself to vegies at 9 a.m.

Have a good one all!!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:41 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

I started on 5/24. Haven't had a headache yet, took the advise from other to add some beans (1/3 C or so) in with dinner. I couldn't help myself and weighed this morning down 2lbs in 2 days. I know it won't continue like that but it's enough motivation to continue on.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:13 PM   #40  

Hi guys how was everyone's first week? Mine went well though I haven't lost any weight at all. I feel good though and feel thinner though I haven't measured in awhile.

After reading the other thread about what you couldn't personally eat during Ph 1 or it would stall your weight, I am worried a bit about the pistachios I have been eating. I think I will drop them this week and see if it makes a difference.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:41 PM   #41  

Hey ladies, checking in to see how everyones 1st week went. Official weigh in today and i'm down 7 lbs! Woo Hoo! and 8.5 Inches! I haven't cheated one time and I'm very proud of that, most of the time I at least cheat once. Anyway, hope everyones week went well, let us know how you're doing
Old 05-30-2005, 01:33 PM   #42  

I started Phase 1 and SB for the first time May 23rd. As of today, I've lost 4 pounds. I was hoping for a little more, but there's always this week!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:24 PM   #43  

Just checking in, Where is everybody? Day 10 here and doing pretty good, kinda scared to start Phase II in a few days, anybody else? I'm just scared of the bread and fruits, maybe I'll try one serving every other day and see how that goes, anways.....hope everyone is having a good 2nd week, let us know how you're doing!
Old 06-01-2005, 04:34 PM   #44  

Hi all,
I started last wednesday... and I lost 8 pounds ...... I'm doin the
SNOOPY HAPPEEE DANCE!

YAHOOO BUCKAROOS! Great loses for all of us newbies!!! let's keep that scale goin South!!
Old 06-01-2005, 04:39 PM   #45  

Default Nuts

Hi disneymom, sorry I missed your post...
I love Nuts - especially picstachios - they were basically a everything day for me ( and I think a big culprit in my weight gain overtime) . ALthough we are allowed nuts in P1 and on SBD , I decided not to include them at all , at this point. Maybe this week try eliminating Nuts all together - and replace them with another source of proteing/fat....
Closed Thread