South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 02:33 AM   #1  

Default Weekend at the Beach

Since I'm still up working, I figure I might as well start up the weekend thread. I just finished watching the tape of the season finale of ER. It is the only show I really watch and it was every bit as good as I had hoped.

My weight was down to its lowest this morning but since I won't get much sleep tonight, I imagine it will be up tomorrow. We also went out to lunch at work today. I had a wonderful grilled mahi-mahi in a spicy tomato sauce with black beans and grilled vegetables. It came with rice but they didn't give me any trouble about substituting beans for the rice.

I finally got in some time at the gym tonight. I'm counting on making it to my regular Saturday morning Powerflex class at the gym. I'd like to try to make the hour of Kwando beforehand but I'll have to wait and see how late I get to sleep.

So how is everybody's weekend?
Old 05-21-2005, 03:08 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Holy petolies, Barb!! I thought I'd be the first one up!
mmmm... that mahi-mahi sounds good!

Mom took me to a Caribbean restaurant the other day. It was really good. I asked them to leave the rice off my plate, but I didn't realize that I'd be getting plantain and some other fruit ... I thought she called it chou chou... ??? ... with my tofu. In any case, it was delicious.

It's the long weekend!! I'm planning on doing lots of gardening, and just taking it easy with my family.

What's everyone else up to?
Old 05-21-2005, 05:02 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Barb, I wish you a good sleep! I hope you get to your class this morning and are semi-rested for it. I well remember those all nighters!

Ellis, what the heck are you doing up? I hope you get tons of gardening done this weekend and then a nice warm rain. That sounds like an exotic lunch!

I'm up early because I'm wired because I have so much on the go this weekend. Yes, the knee still hurts. The Doc only does cortisone shots at his clinic and also has to consult with my doc before doing anything to me. Actually I was amazed that he set a date that is just 17 sleeps away. I waited from January until now to get an appointment!

Late yesterday I finally got over to the Church. Claire had dug up a lot of plants and had no clue what they were! I was able to label some of them but suspect that two of the big healthy ones are weeds! I'll break the news gently. She dug them from a very neglected garden and I know darn well they are not poppies and delphiniums but are sow thistle and something else. The sale starts at 8 but we are all planning to be there at 7 because folks will be there. I did not bake my cakes - just had no energy left by evening.

Do what's happening with the rest of the Beach Beauties this weekend?
Old 05-21-2005, 07:14 AM   #4  
Gryffindor Pride

It's nice not to be the only early bird!

Barb0522 - I am a huge ER fan, myself. That show is like a movie squished into an hour at prime time, I really love how deeply they develop even the characters of the patients.

ellis - Do you plant vegetables and such or is your garden more flowers? I don't know a lot of about gardening except for my bonsai trees but they stay inside or on the porch. hehe.

Ruthxxx - Most of whatever I try to plant outside turns to weeds. My dad is big into landscpaing the yard of my house and he is pretty good with keeping weeds away but if he finds even one weed he feels the need to search the entire yard for more wherever they are hiding. Can you tell what the plants are with no lable? From the way they look or the roots or something?

For me, the scale reads today down 3lbs. I'm a little skeptic because I am only on day 3 of Phase I but I did cut out all my soda and sugary snacks and drank tons of water, so it might be possible?. Maybe it's just because it is morning. I am hitting the gym later this afternoon after I go to my friends graduation from college. She started a year later than me and still made it out before! Grr. hehe.
I was so proud of myself last night. I saw Episode III and I took the advice here and brought pistachios and I split them up into little snack zip-lock bags. I ended up with two bags but I only at one, which was about 30 to maybe 40 nuts. Then I just drank water through the rest of the film. I was able to turn down every candy and bag of popcorn thrus at me!
Well, sorry to write such a giant entry so early! Hope everyone has a lovely morning!

P.S. How do I edit my ticker? I keep null'ing the code when I change the weight and it results in the ever so popular red X.

Last edited by Gryffgirl; 05-21-2005 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:31 AM   #5  

Morning, gals! Well, I am finally done working. I crashed about an hour ago for a short time while waiting for them to fail back the cluster. I didn't even here my pager at first since I was sleeping on it on the couch Oh, well, I am tempted to stay up since the sun is up and it is beautiful but I think I had better go see if I can sleep for an hour before Brian wakes up. Talk to y'all later.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:11 AM   #6  

good morning chicks! I am up eary to my tummy woke me up..its used to eating at a certain time...so I got up and fed it...some nofat yogart with some splenda and vanilla extrac and a dash of cinnamon..YUM! and some V8....
I am quite upset that the scale has not yet moved though..i lost 5 1/2 pounds and now nothing. My boss who lost 15 pounds on it..told me that I might be ready for phase 2....but I am not sure....any suggestions?...I Think I am gonna stick it out for an other week and really watch what I eat..and run for 30 min a day..and see if that helps.
I am off to go shopping this morning!

<3
chels
Old 05-21-2005, 08:17 AM   #7  

Ruth, too funny about the weeds.
Take it easy at the sale, and enjoy the day! I know you'll be doing a lot of socializing. I'm anxious to know how the cortisone shot works for you. (yeah, I'm sure you're anxious, too.)

Gryffgirl, my garden is mostly perennials flowers and herbs. I throw in a bunch of annuals to brighten it up in the summer.
We had a huge garden at our last house, but we're back in the city now (thank God. heh heh), and although we have a pretty good sized yard for a city lot, it's not big enough to grow a lot of veggies. We do have everbearing strawberries, and we put in about a dozen tomato plants, some peppers, maybe a few carrots, etc.
I would LOVE to have some bonsai!

Okay, to change your ticker... go into your personal profile. Then go into "Change my signature". You'll see your current weight in amongst the HTML. Just change that... NOTHING else! Then save your signature.
Let us know if you're still having problems!

I'm so glad I went back to sleep! DH and I both woke up... I think it was really hot in the attic last night, and we got up and opened the windows. (friggin' freezing this morning, though)

Barb, I hope you're sleeping soundly!
Old 05-21-2005, 08:20 AM   #8  

Angel, good morning! I missed your post.
You're probably not losing as quickly as some people because you don't have as much to lose. Don't get discouraged!
Old 05-21-2005, 08:24 AM   #9  

Default need coffee

Gryffgirl: I think you have to go back to the page where you created it and do a new one. That's the only way I know.

Good morning all. I'm up because DD is up. Darn if I know why she's up. We're off to a Celtic festival today. I hope everyone has some fun planned.

Lydia
Old 05-21-2005, 09:36 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Need some Java to keep me warm we're going to have a DAMP Rainy day & Up to next Fri. YIKES does the old saying go: "APRIL Showers for MAY Flowers"

Not doing to much this weekend. Next Tues my Senior Singer are going to preform for one of our Nursing Homes. The dress up is [formal]going to be long black skirts & flowery tops for the woman and the men in White shirts with black slacks. We have been rehearsing the grewner songs forever,hope we get it right.

Barb-Good luck on weight loss. and hope you find some ZZZZ's

Ellis- Carribean Restaurant Don't think we have one of those. Wish we did I love Island foods. Have fun in your garden

Ruth-Noticed your tracker you down this week BIG CONGRAT Hope the corizone works,sorry your in pain.

Gryffgirl-Big congrats on your 3 lbs weight loss .You're doing great. Go to the User Pc hit that ten hit edit signiture you'll find your tricker just move the arrow to the right and add your new weight to it. Hope that helps

Angel-Congrats on your 51/2 lbs. You must remember no two persons are alike. Your boss might have more weight to lose. Your body is resting it will lose again,trust me. and the other chicks will tell you the same thing.

Have a good one Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 05-21-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:23 AM   #11  

Mornin' Ladies. Already had my java, made some Mock Belgian Waffles for breakfast. DH and DS really liked them, too. Plans for today include going to the park to push DS for a couple of miles around the lake, LAUNDRY!! , cleaning the bathrooms double , and maybe showing a house that my husband is trying to find renters for. If I really get a lot of gumption, I'll try to dig up the ground for my "garden" in back of our townhouse. Already have tomatoes, peas, lettuce, sorrel, basil, and tarragon in planters and pots on the deck. Still want to plant corn, zuchinni, kale, pole beans, dill, and something else I bought seeds for...getting kind of late here in NC to begin planting, so we'll see.

and Shall we say the brownie thing didn't really work out? They were good.....all three last night and two this morning! When I go to clean up breakfast dishes, guess where they are going--right into the garbage disposal! And to top it off (beside the Cool Whip Free) I had horrible gas and bloating all night. And have not got on the scale.....because DH must hide it. And I think I will research this malitol or whatever fake stuff they put in SF chocolate.......I'll post anything interesting.

Sounds like most of you all have busy days planned, hope you all have fun---and for those of you who stayed up really late (ahem! Barb) get some rest, too!
Old 05-21-2005, 11:29 AM   #12  
Darrell's Girl

Good morning, Chicklets! I hope you are all having great Saturdays! I'm in a much better mood than I have been the last couple of days.

Today I'm spending the day doing laundry, cleaning up the house, and hopefully getting some more painting done on my daughter's bedroom furniture. My psycho cats are divebombing across the hardwood floor... they like to race back and forth and slide into the doors...they are just insane...

MAMAELI: I was going to try making those brownies.... so they are good, eh? My dd made dump cake last night, one of my favorites, so I'm dying over here (it's where you mix cherry pie filling and mandarin oranges in the bottom of a cake pan, pour a box of yellow cake mix over the top, pour the juice from the oranges over that, dot with butter and bake an hour... yuummmmyyy)... but then again, maybe i should just convince myself i'm going to get horrible gas or bloating from it and then i might just be able to leave it alone. Bless her heart, but my dd said she thought I could eat it because she made it with no sugar added pie filling... she's such a sweetheart (she's 11)

ELLIS: What kind of food do carribean restaurants make? I've never been to one...not sure there are any in the Charlotte area...Is it spicy? i can't do spicy at all...

WHOOPS! i'm going to have to finish this later. I need to get to the store with my dh like now before he leaves without me....

Hugs to all of you! i'll talk to ya later!

OH and before I forget ... CONGRATS to all you big losers! I love reading about your successes!!
Old 05-21-2005, 01:52 PM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Chicks! DS has been on all morning playin Runescape. I finally ran him off! lol

Aileen...I love dump cake but I use cherries and pineapples and just put the butter on the top not the juice I mix it in with the cherries. Oh my gosh all that butter....yum yum! lol DH loves it as well.

Boy y'all sure are some early chickies today. Although DH woke me up at 6! OMG! There is a travel meetin down in Jasper for DD trip and I wanted to go but my knee was hurtin pretty bad so I decided to stay home. I fell back asleep about 9ish watchin a movie. DS is beggin me to take him to get a pizza from Domino's. He is tight on funds and it is cheaper if you pick it up. He likes it with just cheese and that don't tempt me at all! lol Well I better get goin. Y'all have a great day!
Old 05-21-2005, 02:00 PM   #14  

gryffgirl - You are using a ticker from the other website and you do have to recreate those but you can switch over to using one from this website like most of us do. The cool think about it is that all you have to do it change the weight when it changes. Very much worth it!

I got about two hours of sleep, I think. I was dragging but I got to the gym for a half hour of Kwando and an hour of Powerflex followed by 10 minutes on the stationary bike to cool down some. I feel great! I don't know how much I'm going to do outside today. There is a really neat Wildflower festival going on this weekend but the high is supposed to be 96 which would be a record high. Yesterday was 94. I'm not quite ready for this heat. I had better get some mulch down on the vegetables today though. They won't handle the heat without it.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #15  

I'm studying for finals! Ugh!
I only have two of them though, so it's not a huge thing. But that, along with packing all my stuff up in my dorm to take back to our cabin where I'll be living this summer is swallowing up all my time.

My weight is fluctuating between 179-182, but as my collar bones and cheek bones are starting to stick out, and I had to go and buy a belt for my favorite pair of pants, I'm happy

Have a great weekend everyone!
Closed Thread