South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 10:48 AM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mamaeli, referring to your post yesterday, you need to plan ahead to make this plan work for you, okay? Make sure you have what you need available for dinner so you have mostly protein and veggies and only one dessert. Remember that you need to keep to 75 cals or less of sugar free items that have no nutritional value (fudgsicles, the pie, etc.), okay? You also need way more veggies...get them in your eggs in the morning, add them at lunch, and make sure you have two big servings at dinner, okay? Check out the Best Veggies sticky for more info. You can do this!
Old 05-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #17  

How awful, anytime, but especially when it's so close to you.......It's so scary. As a teacher, I only pray that nothing like that happens at my school. Lots of prayers and support your way, Phins.
And prayers too to Sarah and her DD. So much going on....

As for me, up a lb today, but I think that may because I was clothed when I got on the scale....... Every morning now my almost 2 year old sees me run downstairs in my bra and undies to jump on the scale and says "Mommie naked! Mommie naked! " Hope I'm not damaging his psyche! Said that too when I leaned over in a V-neck to tie his shoes and he got a view.....still working on the total concept, I guess.

I think I'm packing in enough veggies, but have decided to go a little easier on the cheese. Even though it's low fat, I think it's influencing me in other ways....if you know what I mean.

Hope you have a great day, and good luck staying OP!

Noell
Old 05-18-2005, 11:02 AM   #18  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hey chickies,

Just when I thought I was back...and just when I was going to start again wouldn't you know it.

I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL Wed and Thursday!

They thought it was appendicitis but it was an infection on it's way to going ceptic! I went to an urgent care clinic (was better off just going to the hospital) who FINALLY called an ambulance and well, I was on morphine for a bit

Needless to say, I didn't start SB again like I said I would on Sat. In fact, yesterday was my first day back at work. I've only been drinking Cranberry Juice (light) and eating soup, bananas and applesauce (not mixed together though). Not very SB if you ask me.

So now, June 1 is my start date. I hate to push it back but after paying the bills, I have no cash to do it this turn around. I will come back from vacation on either the 31st or the 1st, but the 1st is it. 2nd time around but my 2,347th attempt at the 2nd time.

Happy Hump Day. Sorry I was MIA.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:20 AM   #19  

oh, PHins - how awful! Tiffany will definitely be in my prayers along with Sarah and her daughter.

Jenn - I think you need to worry about getting healthy and then start. Hope you feel better soon.

Mamaeli - make sure you are getting enough legumes and aim for 4 1/2 cups of veggies a day. The carbs/fiber can help keep you from getting constipated. I also needed Metamucil several times a day on phase 1 and still use it with breakfast. Your son sounds so cute! I've got the scale in our bathroom so no one has see me weight.

Everyone else - I've definitely got to get back to work but Hi to you all!

Me - I'm down two pounds this morning. It seems like every weekend I bounce up a bunch and then spend the week losing. I am really going to have to work on my water on the weekends. I also tend not to eat my snacks then either and that may be part of the problem. I've got leftover 4 Bean salad for lunch with Ham, Zucchini, Asparagus pasta so I'm really looking forward to it. That is one of our favorite meals.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:23 AM   #20  

Rushing off to work, unfortunately, would like to comment more to everyone but no time.

PHinsUP-What a horrible, tragic thing to have happen. I hope things aren't as bad as they seem now for Tiffany. We never know what will happen in this life and each day is truly precious.

Sarah and Sammi - Adding to the thoughts and prayers for you too.

Jenn - Welcome back and take it easy!

anchorweight - I am intrigued by the leek cleansing diet and am thinking about getting the book.

The pound I gained in WW has come off. I did pretty well yesterday except I went to a luncheon where they already had the dessert sitting by the plate when we sat down! I thought I could handle it but I guess I should just have asked them to take it away. I did leave the bread alone and had my coffee black.

See you later. Off to the office.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:02 PM   #21  

Tiffany and Sarah's baby girl will be in my prayers.

Vent coming: I'm up 1 pound and I'm constipated. I've been drinking my water and eating veggies plus taking fiber. End vent.

Okay, sunny day and getting hot. I'll be going shopping in a little bit so my next stop is the reciepe thread.

Lydia
Old 05-18-2005, 01:19 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Ladies!

Let me start out by saying that I will be praying for Sarah and her daughter as well as Tiffany.

I do have some happy news though. Yesterday, my sister was induced for her second baby. We all waited at the hospital for little Colton Gene to be born. After 5 hours of labor, it was time to push. She pushed for about 15 minutes while we all listened at the door. Then came the time where the baby was here and we couldn't believe what we heard next.......IT'S A GIRL! Both the doctor and a radiologist had said it was a boy. You can imagine our surprise! We've spent months putting together the dinosaur room and buying boy clothes. This just means I get to go shopping!!!! WOOHOO! Little Rylee Jean was born as perfect as can be. She received a 9.9 on the APGAR scale. She came out crying but hasn't made a peep since then. She's very quiet and is absolutely gorgeous! I'll attach a pic. I'm so excited to have a niece! My sister is doing well other than the fact that she may have some type of bladder infection. If all goes well today, she gets to go home this evening. Then it will be onto turning the dinosaur room into a ladybug room. The room has a lot of blue and red in it and could easily be turned into ladybug's. I can't wait!

I've been interrupted several time since I started typing this so I better go....but I'll try to get back in later!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rylee1.jpg (38.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg rylee2.jpg (33.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-18-2005, 01:40 PM   #23  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

ADORABLE CJ!!! Congrats to you and your sis (who I guess did most of the work!)
Old 05-18-2005, 02:52 PM   #24  
beachbum

How precious, a new born baby,Gods gift to mankind

Congrats to your new Baby Girl, AUNTIE CJ Glad to hear everything went fine. What do Doctors Know ???? Saying its going to be a boy. That way my DD didn't want to know what sex the baby was,just for that reason.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 05-18-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:03 PM   #25  
GARDENING ADDICT

CJ, congrats on having a new baby niece!!! She is absolutely adorable!!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 03:11 PM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a sweetie! Maybe she was giving them the finger during the ultrasound!
Old 05-18-2005, 04:18 PM   #27  
A Lily from my yard!

CJ.....How sweet!!!!!!!!!! She is beautiful! How exciting! That is so cool that it is a girl! Have fun changin the room! Love the name Rylee!

Lunch was good and I stayed OP no prob! Took DD to the mall lookin for Aussie clothes and it was so hot in there! Had to cut the trip short my knee started hurtin and I was not goin to push it. I liked not made it up the steps when I got home due to the swellin. I'm headin to the couch with an ice pack! Maybe a pain pill as well! lol
Old 05-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #28  
We are all Beautiful!!!

CJ - What a darling baby! Congrats! Gives me baby fever though. Thank God I'm not married anymore!

SoCal - I believe the leeks gave me a jump start but I'll be honest - it wasn't easy! If you do it give the leek broth a shot of salt & pepper. It tasted way better! The book has great recipes which I think makes it worth buying and some insight on portion control and how to cut back but basically you don't need the book to do the leekfest - just boil 2 pounds of leeks - white part only with just a hint of pale green. Chop the leeks up and boil for 30 minutes. Save the cooked leeks (because it is the only thing you can eat) and drain off the liquid into another container. Drink the leek liquid every 2-3 hours 1 cup at a time and eat the leeks at each meal 1/2 cup at a time. You may have more leeks if you get hungry. Drizzle the leeks sparingly with olive oil, lemon juice and lightly salt & pepper. For dinner the 2nd night have 4 - 6 ounces of fish and two steamed veggies (1/2 cup each). After that I jumped back on the SBD. I may however do the leekfest every month like she recommends. It certainly does refocus your brain. I was grateful for every morsel I ate today.

Guys I'm so stressed out. DM is away at golf camp and we have a deadline with the state next week. My assistant is having day care issues and one of my teachers must be screwed up on her meds. DS is complaining that he doesn't like his new school and everyone is mean to him. (which amazingly only comes up when he is being punished) Whenever I go and pick him up he's running, jumping and playing football with the other kids. But I feel like a big meanie when I say - buck up little guy. Last night I had to take a muscle relaxer just to go to sleep. Sometimes my head feels like it is going to explode. Maybe exercise will help.

Have a good night chicks!
Old 05-18-2005, 04:41 PM   #29  
Workin' it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchor weight
Last night I had to take a muscle relaxer just to go to sleep. Sometimes my head feels like it is going to explode. Maybe exercise will help.

Have a good night chicks!
The best workouts I have come after crappy days at the office when just about everyone under the sun has gotten on my nerves.

Then when I go home, I'm much calmer and I sleep a lot better. Honest!
Old 05-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #30  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow...so much happening!!!

Phins, Tiffany and her family will definitely be in my prayers. I'm sure you and DD will need to spend some time together dealing with this. It's so hard to have to try to explain something to your child that you don't fully understand yourself. I hope things work out much better in the end then they seem right now.

CJ, your niece is SO precious!!! Was she born at Los Robles? I went to CLU and taught in T.O....my parents live in Simi. In fact, my friend Ange's preemie, Ethan, (the one I posted pictures of last fall) was in the NICU at Los Robles, so I know that nametag well. Congratulations!!!

Amy, exercise would help a lot, I bet!!! I hope things work out and soon. (I think French women aren't fat because they have no stress...just things like, "Chanel or Prada?" to worry about. )
Closed Thread