South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 06:38 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Cool Weekend on the Beach!!

Good morning, dah'lings.

It's a grey old day out there. 8C. Or 46F, for those of you who haven't caught up with the rest of the world. (Ruth, I'm including you in that category) My garden could definitely use a little rain.

We had a cozy evening yesterday... watched two mindless movies... Tremors IV and something or other Treasure... with Nicolas Cage. Can't remember the name.
I had a heck of a time because everyone else was eating snacks (I won't torture you by telling you what they were), so I snarfed back some leftover chicken breast from dinner. Still OP!

What's up with you this weekend?
Old 05-14-2005, 07:53 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

Good for you, Ellis, in resisting the snacks. Too bad the rest of the family aren't on Phase I as well in sympathy.

It's wet here this morning so it's muddy paw pattern on the kitchen floor. I'm off to work in the Greenhouse today. I bet it won't be very busy! Of course, there will be lots of folks selecting plants but won't want to take them until next week. "Sorry, but we do not have room in our extra greenhouse so take them now, please."

My darn weight is back to 202 - yes, I weigh daily and am proud of my consistency! I am very seriously considering starting Phase I on Monday. It's been nearly two years since I did it and I think I've been using stress as my excuse. I'm not sure if I'll do the last supper routine this weekend though - there's nothing that tempting in the house at the moment. Hey! That will mean all three MODs are on Phase I! How cool is that?

The daffies and tulips are out at the Church and it looks just lovely despite the rain. I have a picture somewhere from last year and will try to post it. My own daffies and tulips are looking lovely. I have a bouquet on the kitchen table which is really cheery on such a dull day.

What's happening with you? If it's dull where you are, do something to brighten your day. If you don't have flowers, turn on more lights and put on some music.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:39 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin' Chickies!

Ellis...Good for you resistin the temptations of this evil world! lol

Ruth...Sounds funny to hear daffies and tulips blooming. I have Irisis on my counter. I need to get out there and pick some peonies. They have a much better smell. Maybe this afternoon.

I gotta run. Today is the second week of soccer sign ups. I told DH I would go today but I am drivin my car that way if I don't feel like stayin I can leave. Oh I just noticed the time. I gotta jet for sure! Have a great day all!

Amy...When you get up from your night of wildcattin' give us the scoop! lol
Old 05-14-2005, 09:21 AM   #4  

Morning all,

Ellis: wtg with staying OP.

Ruth: somehow it makes me nervous to think of all 3 mods in phase 1. I need to know that the light at the end isn't an oncoming train.

It's still grey out but it's supposed to get to 26C. That means hot and probably humid. We have a good bye picnic for one of DD's music teachers. I've already got my chicken and salad fixed. The cake will be the hard part. Stuff like that ends up in my mouth without thinking.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:35 AM   #5  
Cat Lover

Hi!

I love Saturdays when there is nothing scheduled! I should be outside and not on the computer. It isn't raining yet, but if Ruth has rain then it will probably make it's way here later. I am so physically pooped! I jogged last night, planted the garden, and grocery shopped. Has anyone else ever gotton such a burst of energy from the SB diet? Wow , I love it.

Bamie..our peonies come in 3-4 weeks. I guess the iris will then too. My Lily of the Valley is just about to come out, but the most exciting thing is my old fashioned rhodadendron. The buds are just swelling with their little color. Should be really pretty when they burst (I haven't seen any of these things because it is a new house).

Ellis, good for you resisting the snacks! Are you in phase one? I've lost track of who is where. I begin phase 2 tomorrow...I made it!

Everyone, enjoy these two days of freedom!!!

Sandi
Old 05-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Chicks The rains are coming, its very dark outside. Our Trip to Chatham was cancelled until next weekend.

Nothing new at my end so I'll being wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

Hugs BB
Old 05-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #7  
Darrell's Girl

Morning all! It's so wonderful to read your posts about your gardening, Ruth. My yard really needs some tlc..why don't you come visit??

Well, last night was audition night for drum major. Adam worked his butt off all week and was so good... he didn't make it, though... he gave a solid performance, but the bottom line is that they are losing half of their contra line and he will be the only senior.. they need him there... he was happy for the kids who made it, though. surprisingly, last year's drum major auditioned and didn't make it... there were 3 spots open... but like i said, adam has a really good attitude about it..he really wanted it, but he was happy to have had the experience. besides, it gave him a whole new way of looking at music when he reads it, and he believes it will just strengthen him as a marcher. He has field captain and music captain in the bag, so he is happy with marching and having a dual officer role next season. i'm so proud of him...

today we are going to dh's grandparents' house for a cookout and to get in the pool... it should be a fun day... i'm spending tomorrow cleaning my house and doing laundry... what i need to do is finish painting my daughter's furniture, but we are having lots of rain these days... that and i need to remember where i put the accent paint...sigh... i swear i'm turning into my mother... my dad used to always say that if we ever found all of mom's secret places, we would be rich... LOL

well i guess i need to get off of here and get busy... have a great day!
Old 05-14-2005, 11:18 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone!

Not happy with the scale. I haven't been entirely OP, but I haven't eaten with reckless abandon either. I am afraid that the missing variable is the dreaded e-x-e-r-c-i-s-e! Thinking about dusting off my gym membership card next week.

Ellis - Boy is it tough when others haul the snacks out! I just love having some finger food to dip. I usually try to have veggies and make a nonfat yogurt dip.

Ruth - We've got lots of roses in bloom, enough to take in the house and still leave plenty where they can be seen outside. Do they do well where you are? Earlier this year we had tulips galore from the 350 bulbs we planted. We finally replaced our digital camera so I need to take some pictures. It was such a project figuring out exactly what model to buy!

Bamie - You are driving already? Wow. Just don't overdo!

mama dragon - I have trouble with the obligatory cake at every darn celebration also. I just try to busy myself with something else while they are all pigging out on it. It helps me to think of the sugar rotting my teeth if I were to eat it. For some reason, that imagery works better than thinking about how fattening it is.

Sandi - I love those unscheduled Saturdays too! I am looking forward to the next one -- I think that it is some time in August.

beach bum - Sorry your trip was cancelled and you have gloomy weather to face. Indulge yourself (in a non-food way) today.

Well, by this afternoon my new dishwasher should be installed. The guys who were installing it last night couldn't get a part so they will be back with it today.

Tonight I will be seeing "The School for Wives" performed by an outstanding theatre group. My partner got primo tickets for a Dodger game so she is taking her mom and dad there and I am taking a friend with her ticket to the play. We see a lot of classical theatre so she has seen this play at least once before. In fact, we see live theatre as often as most people see movies!

In any event, I am looking forward to having dinner with this friend before the play. She and I serve on a doctor/lawyer bioethics committee and are always busy with the professional stuff. We have never had time to really get to know each other and just chit chat as our usual conversations take place on the way to the car when we are both tired and want to go home.

I suggested Japanese...hope she likes that. It is sure easier to stay OP with sashimi!

Well, have a good weekend everyone!
Old 05-14-2005, 12:33 PM   #9  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Afternoon all!

Well I didn't meet anyone last night but I still had a good time. The one guy still smiles at me across the room but never makes a move. Not too sure about that. Everyone loved my outfit and I got many compliments.

I couldn't pick on the love birds too much because his MOTHER was there too! Talk about bringing in the heavy artillary. She took one look at me and her face went all stern and stayed that way all night. I decided it would be best to just leave that little situation alone but the old flame positions himself so he is staring right at me! Which means his fiance was also watching me constantly. Then the old flame waves at me and smiles and his mother just about had a stroke. So I smiled and waved back and the finacee catches me and then she goes all stern. It was getting a little hot in there and luckily the Detroit Pistons were playing in the bar so I decided to mosey over the other room. My friend the gourmet and her husband were in the bar so I sat and chatted them up. I told her about what was going on so we are watching through the bar window into the banquet room so I could show her what he looked like. The next thing I know he's standing at the end of the bar smiling at me without his significant other. So we are watching through the window and his finacee is flying around the banquet room looking for him. Which of course causes a fit of giggles. She finally comes in the bar all out of breath and proceeds to question his intentions. Which of course causes more giggles at our end of the bar. She dragged him back into the banquet room and eventually he would mosey his way back into the bar. This went on all night. The event ended at 11:00. I hope he had a good night.

My friend the gourmet said she ran into the fireman's friends that he was with that night at the party and they are furious with him and his behavior. Diane said that each one of them said they would have loved to gone out with me, I was pretty, smart and classy and he is a bum. So I feel better about that whole situation. At least I know that the message I'm sending is the one I want to send. They said they don't know what is wrong with him but he treats all women the same. They said they were glad to know that some women still know how to say no. I think you are right - he's little full of himself.

I have to take DS to Best Buy because his 1st Communion money is burning a whole in his pocket. He wants to get a MP3 player.

I did manage to stay OP last night. I had peanuts and cheese in my pocket. I did have a couple of drinks with diet pop but I avoided the pasta buffet.

I'll check in later.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:11 PM   #10  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Good Saturday Afternoon:

Sounds like you all are having great days so far. We have been pretty casual here. I have two more days on Phase 1 and I did great today We went to Costco, DH and DS had a hot dog, I had a Diet Coke. Walking through the area I avoided most of the samples but had a piece of chicken rotisserie (white meat), a sample of Spinach Dip - tossed the cracker (I read the ingredients first!), and a sample of pork loin. I grabbed another piece of chicken on the way out because I was still hungry. We bought jalapeno hummus at Costco, it's soooo good! On Monday I get to have it with my Wheat Pita, today I just had it on celery.

No rain here - we were expecting it. The kids from church were outside practicing a dance for a Celebration we are having next week, and we were blessed that the rain didn't come. It's nice and warm now, just a little muggy. I planted a few plants in my front flower bed since I lost some to the freeze last year - I got two red Salvias, a Texas sage and a red Hibiscus. I have a Texas Hawthorne that just doesn't want to live, and I don't know why. I've clipped off the dead parts and have been tending to it. I might have to take it back to Home Depot. I really want a Gold Star Esparanza - but my two from last year died in the frost. We need to finish our brick wall for the flower bed, but if it's going to rain we don't want to do the mortar.

I'm in the mood to do nothing today - or go walk through model homes! I've been avoiding exercise - but I have been walking alot while window shopping. It's not the best exercise, but I can feel it in my legs! I also substitute taught for a librarian and my legs hurt from shelving books - did squats to get to the lower shelves!

Have a great weekend all! Enjoy your time to relax and your families.

Aileen: HUGS to Adam - and what a great kid for being so mature about it! I know when I tried out for colorguard they first told me I didn't make it. I was devastated!!! Turns out, they mixed my name up with someone else. The band director was so nice to me after that, he felt so bad! I also ran for Band President and didn't make it. But later in the year, the Band President had to drop out of band so I got the role. So who knows, they may need him to fill in! Sounds like a great kid you have there

I gotta run -
Old 05-14-2005, 04:52 PM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

Well soccer sign ups are over for today. We have rain movin through. Actually it was thunderstorms but they have passed. I hate it that it all happened about the time Alabama A&M was havin their graduation outside! Hopefully they changed plans since they were callin for rain.

Sandi....The rhodadendron is so pretty! I have one and it is amazing to see all those blooms. I need to get out there and do weed control cause they are about to take over!

Aileen... Sometimes things work for the best. We know he was the best but I have learned we don't all hear the same song sometimes! lol DD tried out for a travel soccer team last year and was very heartbroken (unadmitted) that she did not make it but he was only replacing one player!

Birdlady...Yes I am driving! He said I could drive all I wanted now. I have been drivin since last Sun. just not much. But I feel pretty good now. Still sore and a lil stiff but gettin better everyday!

Anchor...You are so bad! Teasin that poor boy like that! His Momma is gonna get her blood pressure up worrin about you. Ol gal ain't to smart cause if she was she would be tryin to look as cute as you (not that she could I'm sure!) and lettin you know who's man he was...like you want him anymore! lol That is soooo funny! I can just picture her runnin around lookin for him! lol That must a been a hoot! Then ol fireman....who does he think he is? I guess he probably has George Strait's song on the brain and thinks he's all that and a bag of chips! Well honey he better be glad he signed up on Match.Com cause that'll be the only way he get's a date! Until they meet him that is! Oh have mercy I better get off here! I'll start man bashin'! lol

I think I'll go mattress shoppin! Keep me outta trouble! lol Have a great evenin y'all!
Old 05-14-2005, 06:03 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Bamie's back! First man bashing and then mattress shopping. Is there some connection?
Old 05-14-2005, 07:34 PM   #13  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Bami - Yes I must be careful because as DM warns - you don't want him back. And if she dumps him - he will come back. DM, DS and I just went to dinner and DM said his eyes never left me all night and her eyes never left him. Yes his mother never liked me. Oh well. She is trying like crazy to marry him off so I better quit stirring the pot.

I had steak and perch tonight with a salad for dinner. I do need to work out tomorrow though!
Old 05-14-2005, 09:19 PM   #14  
Workin' it!!

Funny thing happened to me this weekend... back on Wednesday I called my chiropractor's office because they have been leaving me messages for a couple months now. But since I've started this diet and started exercising again, I haven't had any problems with my back so I haven't been in to see him. So... I called on Wednesday to make sure that I didn't need to return the electric stim unit that he gave me to use at home and told them that I was doing great and hadn't had any problems with my back for the past couple months. Then, wouldn't you know it??? I woke up this morning with the darndest pinching in my lower back. I don't know if I overdid something at the gym back on Thursday, or maybe moved a wrong direction when playing with the dog recently or what... I'm hoping that it will go away and I don't have to call them back on Monday to make an appointment!!

So, needless to say, I didn't go to the gym today. But I did do some housework - don't worry, I didn't really lift anything and I used my arms to prop myself whenever I had to bend (and I used my knees instead of bending at the waist!!). I also want to be able to go back to the gym by Tuesday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I probably won't post tomorrow, spending all day with DBF to celebrate my birthday (actually a day early, but that's ok). We'll also be going over to his parents' house, I'm sure. I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far and that the rest of the weekend is even better!!
Old 05-15-2005, 10:25 AM   #15  
Darrell's Girl

Christie and Bamie: Thank you so much for your support of Adam! I will definitely pass it along!

As for him being the best, well, I think he is But he says that the kids who won definitely deserved to win. He felt he gave it 200% and had a great time doing it, but as bad as he wanted drum major (which, by the way, he "decided" he wanted like 2 weeks ago... before that he was like no way), now that he has heard the music for next year's show (it is the hardest show they have done to date), he really wants to play and march that music.

I can't wait til this year's marching season! only bad thing is that it is his last he graduates next year..sigh...
Closed Thread