South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 08:01 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Thread - May 13

Good morning! I've been up since five and have snooped at who is online. I finally decided I'd better start the Daily since nobody else was going to. Hint! Hint!

It's frassing freezing in Delta this morning, ice on the birdbath and the Girls' outside water dish is frozen too! I had hoped to do some planting this morning but I think I'd better wait a bit. I bought some lettuce, spinach and parsley plants yesterday at a Greenhouse but they've not been hardened off so I won't chance it. Actually they may already be hardened offf - the tomatoes and peppers in that greenhouse were definitely harmed by cold.

Harry and I went to the Long Horn last night. He had their liver, bacon and onions with fries and two beers. I had a veggie burger, salad and one glass of wine. Guess who was up a pound this morning. If it weren't for my blood sugar going too low, I'd join the Phase I restarters.

It's Friday the 13th today so I'm going to try to stay out of trouble. I have a Library trip planned, need to drop off a prescription and go to the Farm for eggs. Surely I can't get any bad luck doing that!

What's on your plan for today?
Old 05-13-2005, 08:28 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, heck! Sorry, Ruthie! I've been up for awhile, but I didn't think to start the daily.
That is so not right that Harry can eat all that (yummy) crap and not gain an ounce. Liver and onions, eh? We used to have that once a week when we were kids, and we HATED it! My mother will actually pop a piece of raw liver in her mouth while she's cooking. blah!!!
Water, Ruth. Let's drink our water.

Back in a mo...
Old 05-13-2005, 08:46 AM   #3  
Tina

Morning Chicks!! Happy TGIF!

Ruth, sorry about being up a pound but perhaps it'll even back out tomorrow!

Ellis, EWWWW on mom eating a slice of raw liver!!! I can't even eat my steaks anything but welldone. I worked for some Gastroenterologists for years and after seeing the diff. 'things' people caught from consuming undercooked food...NO THANKS!

So last night my DH comes home and tells me how they had on the Oprah show in the service department waiting lounge (works for a car dealership) which was right across from where he sits...and how they had all about diff. diets on there. He said, "it said you should do this" and "did you know this?"...I said, "I already do that" and "I already know that", I really could not be much more please with the SBD lifestyle!!

Well, lets see...tonight my DS is spending the night w/my parents. Tomorrow is our city carnival so we'll be taking the peanuts to that. Sunday we take them to get a sibling portrait all dressed up in old fashioned clothing, in black and white/sepia....I'm excited to get that done! After I get down to goal, then we'll do the whole family picture...I just hate to think of having a forever reminder of how fat I feel up for years,

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! be safe and enjoy....
Old 05-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #4  
Workin' it!!

Good morning everyone! Not sure what this Friday the 13th holds in store for me, but I'm hoping that it's only good stuff!

Ruth - That pound is probably a fluke...

ellis - I'm glad I had already eaten when I read that about what your mom used to do when she fixed liver... otherwise I might have lost my appetite!! I've never liked liver and thinking about it raw doesn't help things...

I'm down another pound today... this is almost too good to be true. But I am going to have an off-plan day Sunday, so I'll probably get the pound right back. Monday is my birthday, but my DBF has to work (and so do I) so we are celebrating my Bday on Sunday instead so we have all day to spend with each other.

I called my brother last night to thank him for a birthday card that he and his wife sent me... we got to talking about my diet and I mentioned that I was drinking at least 96oz of water a day. He came back with "Is that all? I carry a 2 liter to work and I go through it twice!" It's the same old story with me and my brother - one of us constantly trying to up the other one. Some things just never change!
Old 05-13-2005, 09:01 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin chickies! Not much happenin around here. Doc appt today for the knee.

Ruth...It is 71* with a high of 88* so no frozen water around here. Instead all the water is evaporating from the bird baths. I wonder if our Long Horns are the same? I love to eat there.

Ellis...How could you forget about the daily?????????? lol Liver YUCK! My MIL always gets the liver n onions when we go and it's all you can eat. Although one plate fills her up!

Twiceblessed....I think Oprah pretty much goes along the same lines as SBD. I watched it myself. Not that I have much else to do! lol Sounds like a fun w-end! Enjoy!

Me...Well just another day in the life! lol I do have to take DS to meet his dad this afternoon. That should be fun! lol I'm sure I will be ready to hit the couch by the time I get back from that drive. OMG I just realized I never hit post! lol What a goofball! I've not even had any meds today! lol
Old 05-13-2005, 09:04 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Sassygal...Postin at the same time..lol Congrats on the pound! WTGG! You should have just told him he is supposed to be drinkin more than you cause he's a guy! lol Sibling rivalry...Ya gotta love it! lol
Old 05-13-2005, 09:15 AM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Wheres everyone this morning??? When I go to post there always 8 post ahead.Well we're not doing anything special today.The same old .......
Hoping if it get warmer we were thinking off taking a ride Tomorrow out to our favorite hangout(Chatham) on the cape, and take some pictures. Hubby is a photographer and like to take photos of nature & light houses.Have to get out there before the tourist come.

Went on the scale : this morn and I down to the lower have of our doctors scale I haven't been there in months.

Ruth We're all getting a bit of frost :sman:this A.M. I'm glad we didn't put our tomato seedlings in yet. Don't remember when we had it this cool in May.Sorry about the pound. Water Water is the way to go.

Ellis Ughhhhhhhhhh!! I remember liver & onions when I was a kid also. Was that a stable diet back than,it seem every one in my generation had it eat that once in a while.

Sassy Big congrat on your weight loss

Twice blessed Have a good time at the carnival

Have a nice day Hugs BB
Old 05-13-2005, 09:16 AM   #8  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Friday the 13th Morning to all my Chickies!

First of all, I love the number 13, so FTT is an awesome day for me. I have on a really cute new outfit: Little aqua skirt and bright hawaiian shirt with earrings, bracelet and anklet to match.

Everyone at work is going on and on about how cute I look. I have lost 7 more inches and all the repressed guilt, sadness and hurt is falling off in the form of fat!

I have such a good outlook and can't remember being this happy and content with life!

My husband said this morning that he just couldn't get over how pretty I looked. He said, You have always looked pretty, but you are just glowing! I told him, expect only good things this evening when we both get home from work !

Life is good, spring has sprung, and the water feels really nice on the beach!

Have a wonderful Friday and keep up all your good work!
Old 05-13-2005, 09:28 AM   #9  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

I had a busy day yesterday! I had a deadline to prepare paperwork for the IRS this week - YUCK! I have one more deadline on May 24 for our annual review paperwork for the State of Michigan - Yuck again! Then I have the last deadline for the Department of Ed on the 31st of May. No wonder I never remember the month of May. Good news is that I'm OP! TOM is coming to an end so I'm hoping for a good weigh in next week.

I'm reading that book - French Women don't get Fat. I don't know why I like to read diet books but I always learn something new from each of them. There are some recipes that may be SBD friendly so I'll keep you posted as I try them.

I won't be able to exercise today but I will tomorrow. We are having our first Thunderstorm of the year right now. We desperately need the rain.

Have a great day chickies.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:49 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Sunny... you sound so... so SUNNY!!! You've got enough glow for all of us here... You've inspired me. I think I'm going to look through my wardrobe for a cute outfit. I haven't worn a skirt in ages... does this mean I have to shave my legs?

Amy, you're ounces away from NEVER seeing 200 again!! Keep it up, girl... you're doing great!!

BB have a wonderful weekend on the Cape, and congratulations on your scale victory!!!

Bamie, you take it easy when you get back from that long drive!

Sassy, talk about sibling rivalry! Can't your brother just be happy for you? Families are strange, and mine is no exception.
Congratulations on the pound!

Tina, have fun at the carnival! I love those new, old fashioned portraits... they're so cool. I keep meaning to frame a bunch of my own old photos... grandparents and great-grandparents, etc. I prefer black and white photography to colour.

Well, this is my second day OP. Pretty bizarre. I haven't been this committed for about a year. There's a bag of rolls and a loaf of bread on the counter, and I'm just going to put them away where I can't see them...
Old 05-13-2005, 10:45 AM   #11  

Mid morning hello,

Ruth, sorry about the pound but then you know you probably shouldn't have gotten on the scale.

Sassy, happy birthday and wtg on the drop.

Ellis, sounds like you're making a good start on the day.

The weather in upstate South Carolina is 65F, grey and probably going to rain. At least that means I don't have to turn on the air conditioner.

I just finished breakfast and I'm off to get a little work done.

Lydia
Old 05-13-2005, 11:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Gals!
I weighed in this morning, and had lost another 3 lbs!!!
that's 12 total since I started SBD. Today is my first day on Phase 2...I had Oatmeal for b'fast. I couldn't finish it all, it seemed like a lot! I just hope these good carbs set well with me.

Ruth - Sorry about the freezing weather! I'd share if it were possible...It's already burning up down here!!
I have a Meyer Lemon Tree on my deck, do you have any experience with those? It has the cutest little lemons on it already! I just don't want to end up killing it.

ellis - my mom used to try to make me eat liver!!! YUCK!!! I would usually end up feeding it to my pup that was begging under the table!

twice - I saw that Oprah, it was a good show! Everywhere I turn I'm getting confirmation that I am doing it all RIGHT this time! Some of her snacks sounded pretty good too.

Sassy - Happy early Birthday! That's Great that you dropped another lb!

Bamie - Hope it all goes well at the Dr. Isn't is just way too hot for mid May down here!!

Beach Bum - WAY TO GO!!! I know that made you feel so proud of yourself!!!
That would be so cool, drivin around taking photos of light houses! I know it's beautiful there!

Sunny - ellis is right you do sound "sunny"!!! It's awesome to feel good about yourself isn't it!! I know that even tho I have a long way to go, I already feel so much better! I can't imagine how I'm gonna feel when I reach my final goal!

anchor - I'd love to try some of the recipes! Especially if it's French!
I just love Thunderstorms! The are soothing to me!! Don't ask me why, they scared the daylights out of me with I was a kid!

Hey Mama.Dragon - I haven't seen you here before...(i have only been posting here for a little more than a week) nice to see you on here!

Well, I'm off to see if it's possible to get caught up on laundry and clean my room at the same time!!!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:25 AM   #13  

Yesterday got so busy, I never did post in the daily yesterday. I'm going to manage a short post and then I have got to get back to work. There are just so many things going on now with work and with Scouts. My den leader and I are going to be teaching crafts for five days to about 60 Scouts at Twilight Camp in about 4 weeks. I think they will be divided into four groups so we will be teaching four sessions a day. We need to plan as many crafts as we can so that they can earn as many achievements and electives as possible. At least we will only be teaching Bears so all the boys will need the same stuff.

The meeting last night was on planning for next year. We now know all the district events for the 2005/2006 school year so we can plan our local events. And we need to find a new organization to charter us so that is adding lots of stress. We're probably going to have an emergency meeting on that this weekend.

I AM going to stop at the gym tonight for an hour no matter what time I get out of here. I need the stress relief! Congrats to everyone who is losing. I seem to gain on the weekends and lose during the week and then stay right about at the same weight. As long as I don't end up truly gaining then I really am okay with however long it takes to lose the remaining weight. My doc said she is okay with where I am now although 135 is really the top range for medium build and 5' 3". In any case, I am much better off than I was a year ago.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:36 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, we really did encourage Aileen...at least we tried. Maybe Ellis and I are more scary than we know? Hope things heat up out there...it was terribly cold here yesterday but is warming up today. I'm up today too (but 2 pounds for me)...it'll fall off us both eventually.

Ellis, RAW liver??? Honestly, I love liver and onions but can't eat it just because of the idea of it. But I could never, ever eat it raw...not even for a million dollars! On a different note, I know you're going to have a great day...keep chugging that water, girl! I'm so excited for you that this is clicking and that you aren't craving. Good for you!!!

Tina, enjoy the night without DS...gives you some special time with your other little one! The picture sounds darling!

Sassy, congrats on the pound and happy early birthday! :cake: I hope it's very special!

Bamie, it's so nice to have you in the daily! I hope that the knee is okay with all that driving...is it the non-driving leg?

BB, congrats on the loss! Your trip tomorrow sounds amazing!

Sunny, your happiness is spilling right out of the monitor and on to me...you're like a 1,000 watt lightbulb! I'm so thrilled for you...espcially this: " I have lost 7 more inches and all the repressed guilt, sadness and hurt is falling off in the form of fat!" So true!!! Yay, you!

Amy, I'm so glad you finally got some rain! I'm looking forward to hearing your stories about tonight's party! (we old, married gals like hearing about your fun, single adventures... )

Me:
Well, weirdly enough, class was cancelled last night. It was really nice to have a free night, but I'm a bit bothered. My professor was supposed to give us the actual assignements for our three big projects that are due in three weeks. I'm going to be gone in two weekends to see Ange and Ethan, so I'm going to be writing a paper, a lesson, and another lesson next weekend, I guess. I'd much rather have done some of it this weekend and spread it out, but that's life. DH and I took a long walk with the puppy in spite of the cold and had an easy dinner since neither felt like cooking. We had Portobella mushroom gardenburgers on WW rolls with some frozen veggies and leftover green beans from the night before. I gained two pounds this morning which might be from eating so late, or could be because the gardenburger had a lot of grains and then I had it on a roll. We'll see. I plan on eating early tonight and getting lots of sleep and then losing at least four pounds at tomorrow's weigh-in. Maybe not that much, but at least these two.

When we moved in to our house (which is on a corner lot, so we have 27 squares of sidewalk), we had several squares of sidewalk that were lying on an angle from tree roots. We finally got around to getting them fixed. On Wed., they dug up the concrete and sawed off the tree roots. Yesterday I came home to a police car parked near my house, and one of the huge maples lying across the street. They had cut a big root out and without it, the tree just toppled over. Thankfully, no one was hurt and nothing was destroyed (but the tree...), but I'm really sad to lose it.

Hope everyone has a good day and a super fun, OP weekend!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:42 AM   #15  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

I'm working my way back here... getting used to posting again! I really enjoy it, but I had got out of the habit.

Anyone seen Jenn - ButterflyKisses???? She was having a hard time on Phase 2, and she was so sweet to come looking for me when I got lost!!!

Ruth - Freezing??? :sman: We're cool, but sunny. Hope it doesn't rain for Daughter's swim party! I've never had liver - but never intend to try it!!! I think veggie burgers are great! (The one lb is no big deal!!! Just keep on keeping on!)

Twiceblessed - have fun at the carnival! Sounds fun to me! The photos sound cute to me. I haven't had a family photo in 3.5 years and I hope to do one this Christmas. I've done the kids - but won't get one with me! I actually took down the old one because I was sick of looking at it.

Sassy - on the lb loss! You are doing great. Have a FAB b'day with your BF. Enjoy yourself!

Beachbum: Enjoy your day at the beach... I miss it! That's fabulous about your loss!!! Woo Hoo!!

Sunny: You made me smile! I know what that is like. I bought a bunch of brighter summer clothes and had a great week last week - I bet your great attitude is contagious.

Anchor: I saw a friend with that book. It's interesting - be sure you share! As long as it includes cheese - I'm in! Fun, Fun doing taxes... ukk! Have a good day and congrats on staying OP!

ellis: You are always just a great motivator! Good for you for staying OP - it's weird when it just kicks in, huh? I've been like that the past 11 days... I don't understand but I'm glad!

MamaDragon: The weather is like that in Texas too... nice and cool for now. Have a great day!

PHins: 3 lbs - that's great! I start Phase 2 on Monday... I've bought some stuff to get ready, and i'm excited. Hope all goes well for you! Laundry... hmmm, there's a concept!

I'm off to ride my I lose anywhere from .2 - .6 lbs a day (the scale does increments of .2 lbs) Somedays I'm the same, but I'm very happy with what I see so far. Esp. since I first had to lose the 3-4 lbs I gained during my binge! I guess that makes it.... 8-9 lbs in 11 days

gotta go see what my screaming kid wants... well I know what he wants. He wants Pringles and I told him he could have an apple or peanut butter toast. Ta Ta!!

Christy
Closed Thread