South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 03:26 PM   #61  
GARDENING ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
I took her to Church yesterday morning but it obviously didn't do much good.
Ruth, you are too funny
Old 05-23-2005, 04:01 PM   #62  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Christy, I'm so sorry! I hope that you had good news at the vet and that they are able to do much to make Maxx feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
I took her to Church yesterday morning but it obviously didn't do much good.
Ruth, you are killing me here!
Old 05-23-2005, 04:45 PM   #63  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, she did sleep during the sermon - with her head on the Bible as a pillow! That may have been the problem.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:16 PM   #64  
I can do this!

Shouldn't she be even better as a result of osmosis?
Old 05-23-2005, 05:18 PM   #65  
A Lily from my yard!

That is so wild that you take the fur baby to church with you. I would say sleeping through the sermon might be a problem but then again maybe it went into her subleminal (sp? no clue) and she will come around in a day or 2! lol Ugh! Cable went out luckily I noticed so I waited for it to come back on so I did not lose my post!
I hope Hottie let's us know about her kitty soon.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:04 PM   #66  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Mr. Maxx is at my feet and seeming to do much better.

He was very dehydrated and had a fever. He weighed in at 12 lbs. Now last summer he was 18, and we put him on weight management - I think he was around 15 lbs before he got sick. They kept him there and gave him fluids and antibiotics. Seems he got an infection and stopped eating. Because he had stopped eating and drinking, he got fatty liver disease (or something like that.) We need to force feed him a high cal food tonight and keep watch.

He came home and walked around, drank some water. He wanted to go out, so I hurried and got him a litterbox ready (he's an indoor-outdoor cat, we only use litterboxes when we go out of town) He peed alot! (Due to fluids I think) But when offered food he didn't take it. He's resting, but he seems brighter and more alert. I'll give him some EnerCal tonight if he hasn't eaten yet.

He goes back tomorrow for a check. We just hope there isn't irreversible damage to the liver. It's a wait and see thing.

Thanks for your support. It's been rough. Poor DD is hanging in there. She's 12. I had to tell her that it could be bad, but the vet thinks he's going to turn around. If it happened suddenly, she'd be much worse. Hubby is being good - even though it cost $257! We really can't spend too much more on him, so I hope all is well.

Thanks again!
Old 05-23-2005, 07:25 PM   #67  
GARDENING ADDICT

Christy~I am so happy to hear that Maxx is doing better. Keep us posted.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:35 PM   #68  
Workin' it!!

My little "drowned rat"... she is actually the BEST dog when it comes to bathtime. She doesn't try to jump out of the tub and she is so still and just lets me move her where ever I need her to be. What a sweetie!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Princess bathtime May 23 2005.jpg (6.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Princess bathtime after May 23 2005.jpg (8.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-24-2005, 05:21 AM   #69  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm glad Maxx is on the way to recovery. PLease do keep us in the loop.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:00 AM   #70  
I can do this!

Christy, so glad Maxx is on the mend! Scary about the fatty liver issues. I didn't realize they could get that sick so quickly just from not eating and drinking. Hope he feels much better and starts eating soon! I wish there was good pet insurance...I just think no one should have to decide between their pet's health and having enough money to take care of their family.

Sassy, Princess is a doll! What a cutie-pie! Our Lady does not like baths but she tolerates them. Still, I doubt I could get a picture in or hold her in the tub with one hand! Your girl is very well-behaved!
Old 05-24-2005, 10:03 AM   #71  
No Day But Today

How do you do the photo? I tried to link the bigger picture and it wouldn't load it? Maybe too big?

Maxx ate last night! Some soft cat food and this morning DH opened tuna again, and he yowled like crazy for some (the cat, not my DH!) So Maxx drank the tuna juice, ate some cat food, seems to have drank and took his antibiotic this morning.

Thanks guys!

Princess is a cutie! My Bailey is terrible in the bath - and she really stinks right now.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:16 AM   #72  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Thumbs up my cat

With all these dogs around, I'm scared to talk about JoJo the cat.

But she loves her new brother, Quinn the fish. HB brought her fish when she moved in (sadly, she lost her two cats in the "divorce") and I was worried about JoJo. But she doesn't jump normally and doesn't go after him at all.

She does however, meow at the top of her lungs when I get home and feed him! She's jealous! It's so cute. So I pick her up, she lays across my arms and she paws at him through the tank's glass. Then she gets tired of it and jumps down...

Until he moves. Then she watches him from the floor.

HB wants another cat. JoJo feels like my cat, although she loves her, but I've tried the other cat thing once with JoJo (it was her sister) about a year after they parted ways and her sister went after JoJo and she didn't take too kindly to it.

Any other cat lovers out there want to give me advice? I'd love another cat, especially to keep JoJo company when we are at work. But I am afraid to -- not only for JoJo's sake but my sanity. Little kitties chasing after one another and all. JoJo is 3. Maybe get a younger cat???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jojo1.jpg (15.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg jojo2.jpg (23.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg jojo3.jpg (16.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-24-2005, 10:45 AM   #73  
I can do this!

Jenn, having two cats can work out really well or it can be a problem. Usually, though, as long as you have enough space for one cat to get away from the other if annoyed, they will work out. You might see if a shelter will let you take JoJo with you to check out cats and see if she responds well to one in particular. A young cat may be good because JoJo can more easily assert her dominance. On the other hand, the younger cat's desire to play might annoy JoJo. Depends on how frisky JoJo is. It's worth trying, though. Glad JoJo doesn't go after the fish. Must provide some entertainment for her while you're at work, though.

JoJo is a beauty...love that last pic with the pink paws, nose, and ear.

Christy, try uploading your pics to www.photobucket.com. You can then just copy the URL under the picture and post it here using this code: [IMG*]the URL[/IMG*] with no * symbol (had to put that in there so it would show up on here). That way you don't have to resize.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:01 AM   #74  
No Day But Today

my pics are on a website and I did that, but got a red X instead. Hmm... have to play with it some more.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:20 AM   #75  
I can do this!

Make sure you are linking to the URL for the picture not for the page the pictures are on. That won't work with the IMG codes. If you want to just post the website in your post, we can go look at them there. Your call.
Closed Thread