South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 07:24 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Default Tuesday 4/26/05 Chick Chat!

Good Morning All! Just crankin us up! I'm off to make coffee so come on over! I'll be back in a bit. Gotta get the kids rollin out the door.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:38 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I was in bed at 9:45 last night and actually slept right through until 5:45 this morning! A frassing miracle!

It's not raining at the moment and is gorgeous sunlight out there. The deck is too wet for coffee but I'm off to the Greenhouse for 8 so you chicks can just sit at the kitchen table and cluck.

The scale blipped a bit this morning so my ticker is finally right. I'm sure not going to make my April goal, however, unless I remove a leg or a boob.

I'll pop back in around lunchtime. Have a terrific Tuesday!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:45 AM   #3  
Tim McGraw FANATIC!

Smile

Good morning! Sun is shining here in NY. Not for long though. Rain by this afternoon.

Down 2 more pounds! WOO HOO!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:47 AM   #4  

Morning Ruth and Bamie. Morning to any of you that show up later.

I weighed in this morning just to get my hopes up from the downer yesterday. 145.5 I really want to hit 145 by the end of the week. As I said before I was supposed to be at 140 by April 17, but that didn't happen.

Louise is doing so great. We got her a nyla bone, a real one, not the gel one for pups. She loves it. It occupied her for about 2 hours last night. It was wonderful to have my lap and my hands free, otherwise she constantly is trying to bite or play, which I love, but it was nice to sit quietly. I did some crossword puzzles and just zoned.

I think I am going to take tomorrow off. The apartment complex is going to do some inspection that I want to be here for. I will also be able to get some stuff done.

I will check in later. Have a great day
Old 04-26-2005, 07:47 AM   #5  

Morning Erin.

We were typing at the same time!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:50 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Bamie, I want to sit in your beautiful yard with my coffee. Is it warm enough there, because it sure isn't warm here?!

Ruth, I'm so glad you had a good sleep! Me, too! I didn't wake up until the alarm was about to go off at 7:30!

Erin, congrats on the two pounds! The sun is out here, but not for long, I think.

I'm holding a meeting at my house this evening, so I have some MAJOR cleaning to do... better get at it. Have a great day, girls!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:52 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

OMG, Ellis! A meeting! You are getting so social! I'm outta here to go play with plants. Let's hope the sun stays our for a while - it sure lifts one's mood!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:52 AM   #8  

Good morning.Got the coffee in hand.First priority of the day!Now I am in pretty good mood because I am on the border of my goal again.It has been up and down for two weeks and I am pulling my hair out.1 more lb to reach a goal I have been praying for for two weeks.I need all the prayers I can get for will power here!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:26 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning

Bamie~Thanks for starting our day Do you have rain today? I think it's on the way here.

Ruth~Glad to hear that you had a relaxing weekend. You deserve it. Have fun in the Greenhouse

Ellis~Are you having the meeting in your new kitchen that I have not seen pics of ???????

MnA's mom~~Congratz on the weight loss

Silas~Prayers are going out to you : You can do it

Louise~Your little one sounds like a ball of energy

Rain is expected here today so I'll probably do some house cleaning. Gotta run a urine sample over to the vet this am. Yesterday was another visit to the vet . Everyone of my animals has been there this month $$$$$$$$. My other dog, Kasey, has bladder stones~3 large ones on the xray. If the urine shows that they are a certain type of stone (struvite), then hopefully a change in diet will disolve them. If not, then she will have surgery to remove them. Wish us luck .
I've been doing good food-wise except I have had alittle more friut than allowed. But I'm trying to stay OP. Thanks for all of your support
Old 04-26-2005, 08:29 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

I'm on cloud 9 this morning as I Lost 2.5 pounds . I can't believe that I'm posting this,as its been so long to get this 10 lb cruise gain off.

Bamie Thanks for starting the coffee clotch.

Ruth & Jamie Congrats on your weight loss. How Much,is not important,: you lost and thats what counts.

Allysmom Big congrats on your 2 lb. weight loss. doing the happy dance for you.

have a nice day Hugs BB
Old 04-26-2005, 08:31 AM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BFIT1
Ellis~Are you having the meeting in your new kitchen that I have not seen pics of ???????
Oh, darling, I have not forgotten you! I still have a few things left to do (the kickplate at the bottom of the cabinets, some baseboards, etc), and I haven't taken any more photos yet.

I hope little Kasey is alright, Sil.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:01 AM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Ok I'm back for a drive by. I have a meeting at Cracker Barrel this morning with my Unit Director and some peeps from our unit. Fun Fun!

Ruth...I bet both of your thumbs are green! lol Enjoy! I don't even want to think about April's goal. Although if you count the gain I had and then the loss I might make it! lol

Erin...Congrats! I hope the loss spreads throughout! I could use it! LOL

Louise...It will come off just ask Erin! haha

Ellis...Come on over! I am sure that 54* is plenty warm for you! Better hurry the rain is moving in. I'll have to get rid of all the wormy lookin things that keep falling by the masses out of the trees! lol Enjoy your meeting.

Silas..It will drop don't worry!

Sil...They are calling for rain and thunderstorms! Don'tcha just love that southern spring weather! I hope all goes well with the pup!

Beach Bum...Way to go! Congrats on your loss as well! Spread it around now! lol

Ok I'm off to pudder around before I have to get ready. Have a great day all!
Old 04-26-2005, 09:41 AM   #13  

It's a beautiful sunny day here in the Dallas area after a stormy Monday. I did get to the store after work so I am stocked up on healthy food again. I have a crockpot full of chili. I'm trying a recipe that is supposed to taste like Wendy's chili. If it's good, I'll post it. It smells good.

At this point, I know I am not going to make my April goal. I'll be glad if I don't have a gain but I'll just wait to see what happens. Congratulations to those of you who are losing.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:53 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks for starting us up, Bamie! Ack, wormy things from the trees??? What are they, Bamie? Have fun at your meeting!

Ruth, what a great night of sleep! I bet you needed it! LOL about your April goal...I'm with you girl. The scale dropped to 213.5 today, but I'm doubtful about making mine, which is frustrating, since I was three pounds below it for part of the month! Have a great time at the greenhouse!

Congrats on the loss, Erin!

Jamie, those nylabones are a lifesaver! And you can safely leave them with the pup unsupervised, which isn't the case for most toys other than Kongs. Our pup loves hers. Another item our pup adores are Greenies. I get them in bulk from www.petfooddirect.com They clean her mouth and breath, and she thinks they are the tastiest thing she has ever seen.

Ellis, are you doing more rabble rousing? Good for you! I hate having to clean my house, but I love the feeling of sitting in a well cleaned home with friends. Hope tonight is fun and relaxing!

Silas, good luck with your goal! I've found that will power just doesn't cut it. But getting the cravings out of the way by not eating the sugar does. Are you having cravings? If so, you might want to consider going on Phase 1 until they go away. Hope things go great today for you!!!

Sil, lots of prayers for your furkids. I'm sorry you've been to the v-e-t so much this month...traumatic for you, them, and your pocketbook! I know what you mean about the fruit! DH brought home a huge container of strawberries from Sam's last night and it was all I could do not to eat them all!

BB, congrats! Now you can start losing "virgin pounds"! It's much more fun to lose weight you haven't lost before! I can't wait to get back there...

Me:
Well, I made it through Jazzercise, though I had to stop and rest a couple of times. All these squats are killing my thighs! I did go down to 213.5 today...but I would have loved to see a bigger drop. Guess that weight was well and truly gained.

I caved last night...after curry with brown rice, I ate a big bowl of broccoli with cheese sauce , but still was craving, so I had a moderate slice of sourdough bread with olive oil and balsalmic. That hit the spot, and I was able to go the rest of the night without much snacking. But still! I'm not really craving...it's all mental, but it's a bit out of control, I think. Oy!

Today I have my first class of the new term. I'm really and hoping that this is a good professor and that I'll learn a lot in her class! Oh! I forgot to tell you all what happened with the evil professor! I went down to ask if I could be moved, and it turned out they lost my registration! However, they said that if I reregistered that day, they would put me in a class with a different professor. That was a great result (yay, God! ). I've never had this professor before, but I have high hopes, especially since she's using different books than the guy that I was dreading having to take.

It looks grey out there...we're due for rain today and tomorrow, but it's supposed to be 60s and sunny on the weekend. Yippee!
Old 04-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb you are so close to goal! I know that can make it harder, but just think...no matter how long it may take, you only have 12 pounds to lose!!! You can do it!!!
Closed Thread