South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 05:49 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day - April 20

The site is very slow for me this morning but I decided we needed a huge coffee for starting us up today.
COFFEE

There ya go! It is decaf.

After an incredibly hectic day yesterday, I plan to stay home and just do some gardening or sewing today. Neighbour Moel may finish tilling this morning and I'll plant some seeds. This is the warmest April since 1931 - not that I remember.

What's up with you?
Old 04-20-2005, 06:07 AM   #2  
Mous

What a beautiful day for giving someone a

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
A little will not only make them feel better, but it will make you feel good too.
You are a work in progress and are doing the best that you can so look in the mirror and at yourself too.
Off to go shopping.
Have you seen the new pyramid?
Lady
Old 04-20-2005, 07:08 AM   #3  
Working for the Cruise!

Morning girls!

Ruth - Thanks for the extra large coffee. Hope you have a relaxing day!

Lady - Have fun shopping today!

Me - I'm off to a good start today. Had some strawberries and vanilla yogurt for breakfast and am now sipping my SF Rasberry Latte. Looks like I'm merging my two stores once again and opening a second store up by Seneca Lake. It seems every time I step into a routine two steps later it changes! You ladies probably have that down pat by now, but remember, this gal is still just 20!

I've got a busy day ahead of me, but I'm going to try and get my menu planned and actually go grocery shopping. Plus I've got a ton of errands that just need to get done and a car that must be cleaned TODAY or I won't be able to find Shelby in there soon!

BTW, Shelby is doing great, gaining 2.5 lbs a week steadily these last 4 weeks.

Diet wise I'm doing all right. Met my folks at Friendly's yesterday for breakfast. 2 Eggs, Dry Wheat Toast, and a side of steamed brocolli. Can you just imagine the looks I got?

I'm going to need a cabana boy at the end of this week. Who does the reservations?

Get out and enjoy it today girls!
Old 04-20-2005, 07:15 AM   #4  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning Ruth and Lady! What another beautiful day it's going to be! Ruth~ I've got that coffee but it's not decaf! That's my 1-2 servings of caffeine per day! I had serious withdrawals when I tried to stop caffeine cold turkey....UGH!
Lady~You are so right, a smile makes all the difference in the world! It can make someone who might otherwise be having a terrible day change there perspective. It just makes you feel so much better when you smile!! Plus, it takes more muscles to frown so what the heck......SMILE!!!
Well, today I feel like a new woman. Yesterday I had my hair highlighted and began my tanning sessions. (Brown fat looks so much better than white fat!LOL!!) I hadn't had anything done to my hair since October! The kids and their needs always come first. (As it should be) Anyway, it's done loads for my self-esteem.
Saturday me and dh are taking my grandmother to Durham,N.C. to meet my aunt(she lives in Hendersonville,NC) Its about a 51/2-6 hour drive from where we live to Durham and approximately the same for my aunt to Durham. We're going to go out to eat together and stay the night in a hotel there. Then SUnday morning we're heading back home. I figured it would be a nice "little" getaway for me and dh! It's seldom we go anywhere alone. Well, everyone have a great day, I've got to go get the boys up and ready for school.........the baby's "paging" me too!! BYE! Tara
Old 04-20-2005, 07:18 AM   #5  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning Ada Faith! We must have been posting at the same time! Have a good one! Tara
Old 04-20-2005, 07:22 AM   #6  

This week is taking a long time! But I have a field trip on Friday so it will go quickly.

I steped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 146, which was my lowest before my birthday slips. Yay!

Spring Losers-- have a good day, remember to log in and let everyone know what you came up with for dinner. I am always open to suggestions.

Ruth: Thanks for the coffee, I am having mine right now, not decaf though, I need the leaded stuff.

Lady :

Adia: have a fun time with those errands. I love to grocery shop

Jamie
Old 04-20-2005, 07:32 AM   #7  
Working for the Cruise!

Morning Tar! Those little getaways are really important. DF and I take one every July 4th with the local high school band. I was big in the arts in school, and we love to chaperone and just hang out with the kids. Every July 4th we head down to the Hamptons. It's not all work, lots of beach time, carnivals, nice hotels, etc. Really cheap for us, and a great break. That way, if we miss our actual "vacation", it's not a total loss!

Jamie - Congrats on the scale! Have a good field trip Friday....where are you going?
Old 04-20-2005, 07:37 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning! Not much planned here today. Feed the beast! (laundry) A soccer game this afternoon. For real this time! lol I need to water all my flowers I'm sure.

Ruth...It was very slow for me gettin in as well. I felt like I was on my old 486 with dialup! lol Thanks for the coffee. I needed it.

Lady...Have fun shopping!

Adia...Sounds like a full day! Enjoy!

Tara...I always feel better after I do something to my hair. Enjoy the weekend.

Louise...Congrats on your scale victory! I always loved goin on field trips with my kids when they were in grade school.

To all the chickies to come...Have a great day!
Old 04-20-2005, 07:41 AM   #9  
Working for the Cruise!

Jamie.....::trying to remember what I had for dinner:: I'm on week four, so Phase 2, but I'll post it anyway. I had a mixture of spinach, artichoke, onion, and mushrooms, with some parm cheese and fresh tomatoes spread on a WW tortilla and baked at 400*. Comparable to Applebee's Veggie Patch Pizza.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:44 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yippee! Neighbour Moel finished tilling last night after supper and I didn't notice until this morning. It's supposed to rain this afternoon so I'm going to try to get peas, spinach and salad mix into the ground this morning.
Tra-la-la! I love Spring!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:27 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning

Sarah~~You can have the cabana boy just as soon as he's through waiting on me Hey, my aura is RED. What a surprise!!

Ruth~~Enjoy your day in the garden, lady!!!

Tar~~ I get highlights, too. In fact on Friday I go in for a full foil to get ready for sumer. I've been making it a point to spend some time each day (as long as it's sunny) sitting in the sun with a good book. You're right about the brown fat

Bamie~~Hope your DD's team wins today

Jamie~~Congratz on the weight loss

Lady~~

Me~Having fun getting ready for summer~ bought a few summer skorts and wedge sandals that I just love. Planted some flowers on the top deck and plan to get some more this week. Today's just a relaxing day for me
Old 04-20-2005, 08:32 AM   #12  
AKA Ruby

Good morning all... I need a hug.. i've been losing weight for 14 weeks straight, and last night I had my first weight gain, what a whopper, 5 pounds.. and I wasn't really all that bad.. had a few drinks went camping.. but I was prepared.. took along pre grilled chicken, and all the right foods.. ok , Group hug all..........
Old 04-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #13  
AKA Ruby

trying to get a weight bar up.. i'm sorry, i'm not sure what i'm doing here yet.. any help will be greatly appreciated.. ty
Old 04-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #14  
Working for the Cruise!

Get back on it girl. Get your water and veggies in today!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:52 AM   #15  
AKA Ruby

ty I have a big glass of water by my side.. I didn't cheat onmy diet ... just had a few drinks.. but boy did they show up... i'm going to really give it all I have this week though... water excercise the whole bit.. ty
Closed Thread