South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 07:42 AM   #1  
Tim McGraw FANATIC!

Cool Here we go! 1st day on SB

I had my chai. And I'm working on my second veggie quiche cup. I'm not really liking them. Maybe I'll try to spice them up a little.

Does anyone know if you can buy a chicken salad from any of the fast food joints and have it be ok under SB rules?

What kind of weight loss can I expect after Phase 1?

Sorry for so many questions, but I really, really want this to work. I'm so frustrated!

Thanks,
Erin
Old 04-14-2005, 08:50 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Erin...Look in the F & Q section there should be a list of acceptable fast foods in there. Don't stress over it just enjoy your new way of eating. You'll get the hang of it. Don't expect a huge loss in phase 1. Some have it some don't but you don't have a whole lot to lose so it may not be as much as others. I think mine was like 6 pounds. Good luck!
Old 04-14-2005, 09:30 AM   #3  
Tim McGraw FANATIC!

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the insight.

I would be happy with 6 pounds to start. It might give me the motivation that I need.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #4  

I only lost 4 pounds during phase 1 and I was 197 pounds when I started. The real reason for phase 1 is to detox from the sugars. You will probably lose slower since you have less. I am now down to about your weight and I have been lucky to lose 4 a month. This month may be less. But if you are consistent you will lose.

There is a fast food guide in the Frequently Asked Questions but you have to be very careful in phase 1 so you would be best to bring your lunch until you are in phase 2. I usually have Wendy's Chili and a side salad when I eat out. I get it without dressing and add my own since I don't like any of the allowed dressing choices that Wendy's has.

Here is the link to the Fast Food Guide http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...290#post821290

Last edited by Barb0522; 04-14-2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:57 AM   #5  
Conquering with SBD

I think everyone else has said it all, but I want to add my welcome to a new way of eating. If you are persistent, the weight will come off. Take care.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:46 PM   #6  
Tim McGraw FANATIC!

Red face still scared

Thanks everyone. I'm really hoping I can do this. I really need to see some weight loss to keep me motivated.

I'm afraid to put anything in my mouth for fear of not losing. I'm trying to stick with the 14 day menu in the book but I'm very picky. I did eat the veggie quiche cups but I don't really like them. I had a chai made with 1% milk and then my mozzarella stick for snack. I'm having a grilled chicken salad from Burger King for lunch (my bagged salad was nasty) with fat free Ranch dressing. I have a sugar free jello cup for dessert. I really hope I'm doing this right. I'm going to have to vary from the menu because of my pickiness. I need to read the book to understand what to avoid. But I just kind of threw myself into this. So here goes . . . .
Old 04-14-2005, 01:01 PM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

YES! You need to read the book for sure! That will help you alot. I need to re-read it just to refreshh my mind! lol You did get the updated food list right? It's a big help! lol You can do this don't be afraid to eat. Your body needs the fuel.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:44 PM   #8  
Tim McGraw FANATIC!

Red face

I got the book from my mom. I'll compare the food lists. It's a fairly new copy. Within the last 6 months. She also gave me "Good Fats, Good Carbs Guide."

I'm most scared of substituting because of my pickiness. I'll probably eat the same thing for breakfast every morning and a salad for lunch. This is going to get old fast but I don't want to eat something I'm not supposed to. I bought sugar free fudgsicles for dessert but I'd like to try the Ricotta Creme things.

When could I have the hummus or the cottage cheese? Would that be instead of the celery sticks w/ laughing cow cheese or the mozzarella sticks?

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!
Old 04-14-2005, 02:29 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Erin, welcome, and best of luck to you!!
Old 04-14-2005, 02:41 PM   #10  

Welcome and good luck! You can do this! I just finished my first 2 weeks..feeling GREAT! Detox was rough but it was SO worth it...all my cravings are gone. I will say this though..BEWARE of the FUDGESICLE! LOL...I started treating myself to them after about a week on Phase 1 and OMG! After not having any sugar and eating only Jell-O, let me tell you..they were DIVINE!

I was kinda picky too...but I got this sirloin tip & mushroom in wine sauce recipe and a Southwestern chili recipe off this site: http://www.***************************/...ollection.html and it made things alot easier. Also, the Salmon patties were delicious. I ate alot of eggs...it got old but it got me thru. )

Oh...I lost 7 lbs in my first 2 weeks...I lost most of it during my second week because I was strong enough to walk on the treadmill.

Keep us up to date on your progress!!!

Last edited by jwilli26; 04-14-2005 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #11  
Conquering with SBD

MallynAllysmom - I hate to admit, but I made basically the same breakfast and lunch during phase 1 everyday. I generally ate eggs, and v8/tomato juice for breakfast, cheese stick for snack and a salad for lunch. That way, I knew that I was following the eating plan correctly.

However, I did make changes in how things were prepared - the eggs I ate in omelettes, or scrambled, zapped in the micro and added mushrooms, peppers, cheese, or something like that.

The salad, I tried to vary by adding a different type of protein - chicken, crab, tuna, salmon, etc - and changing out some of the additional vegetables - mushroooms, tomatoes, peppers.

Even if you do use the same basic menu for those meals, find ways to vary them so that you don't get bored. I was so comfortable with the variations, I was hesitant to move on a try the new things that Phase 2 offered.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:39 AM   #12  
Tim McGraw FANATIC!

Smile

Thanks!

I made it through the first day. AND I lost 2 pounds. It wasn't that bad. I was a little hungry in the afternoon, but I made it.

I vary the salad ingredients too. Last night I made that mocha ricotta dessert stuff. It was yummmmmy! I love it. I made a double batch and I had to refrain from eating it all.

I have to do this! I have to do this! I have to do this!
Old 04-15-2005, 09:04 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Erin~You can have the cottage cheese (1%, 2% or fat free) and hummus in phase 1. I like to dip my veggies such as mushroom, cucumber slices,celery, red bell peppers and carrots in the hummus.

Erin, for a great dessert try the Peanutbutter Cup recipe in the Recipe Section (Desserts-Phase one). Sometimes my weight loss stalled because I was eating too much ricotta cheese, so this wa a great alternate I like to freeze mine and let it thaw just a bit before I eat them. YUMMY!!

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 04-15-2005 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:32 AM   #14  
Tim McGraw FANATIC!

Smile

Thanks!

Yeah, I have the hummus and the cottage cheese. So far I'm liking the mozzarella stick and the laughing cow cheese on celery. I know I'll get sick of them so I have back up.

I have the sf fudgsicles in the freezer on hand. I might have to try those peanut butter cookies. I have to get some natural pb first though.
Closed Thread