South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 10:24 AM   #16  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Talking Good morning from Day 2

Good POSITIVE morning all!

I woke up in a very positive mood as well. Our family has been, well "sluggish" ever since Spring Break, and even more so after the time change. I also attribute our diet to that as well. Along with starting the Beach on Monday - we started our "Rise and Shine" plan. Hubby had been getting into work around 8:30 or 9:00 (when he's supposed to be on a 7:00 - 4:00 shift - but he's been traveling and working so hard, no one really cares! He's still the first one there usually!) DD's alarm goes off at 6:00, but she usually falls back asleep until around 7:30. I usually sleep until the last minute, pull on lounge clothes, yell at my DD to hurry up, drag my DS in his pj's to take DD to school, then come home and still be tired..... (occassionally I work as a substitute, and those days are always ****!)

We used to do much better in the mornings - DS was an early bird, DH was off by 6:30 and DD was downstairs by 7:00 for her 7:40 bus. So I decided something needed to be done! For the past two mornings, we've all been up by 6:15 - DD hasn't been grouchy, DH left for work by 6:45, I shower and get FULLY dressed in the morning and even DD took a shower this morning and had plenty of time to eat etc. It's amazing to me - my POSITIVE attitude and example has changed mornings at our house. I'm sure that sticking to our eating plan will help with the energy as well. The past two mornings have been will power, but over time it should get back to being the norm. (Until summer hits... but that's another story!)

Anyway... that's my triumph for the day

I don't know everyone yet - but have a great day! I enjoy reading about you. Hope you have a great day and POSITIVE thoughts!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:37 AM   #17  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Talking Good Morning!

Hey Gals, Okay Day 4 of Ph1.. Im doing okay so far... The Work Sabatoger brought in CHOCOLATE CAKE. Yep she did. Oh well, I brought in a SB frzn pork and pecan meal today. Haven't tried this one. So we'll see how it goes. I like the other ones. I resisted Starbuck's today. I really really wanted a skinny sf vanilla latte but I resisted. I need to save my pennies for the wedding!

Lady, I see your from Colorado too! What a nutty weather this weekend, eh? We still have places shut down here. Im in the Springs

tomorrow is my weigh in day Wish me luck!!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #18  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone. It seems that spring is in the air. Everyone is up and at it early and soooo cheerful. I love to hear the happiness coming through the postings.

Lady - Thanks so much for the inspirational thoughts. I have been down the past few months and feeling somewhat overwhelmed and stressed out, trying to keep a positive spin on the obstacles in my life. It is good to be reminded to look at all things positively. It's so much easier to manage that way. Thanks.

lc - You just keep that snow at your end of the country. We have finally gotten rid of the snow here and we don't want it back. Hope your day is good, especially if you can cuddle up in a blanket in front of the fire.

AdiaFaith - I'm glad to hear that your auction went well...and I wasn't even there to do my part. Sorry to hear that the number of bidders was not that good, though. But just think, it would have been worse if it had been a garage sale. Good that you had a day to wind down, too. I am looking forward to the end of the month when I can take a couple of weeks and do nothing but lounge around. Take care.

tar675 - Good morning. Have a great day today.

Bamiegurl - Is the yellow powder on your vehicle pollen? I can't imagine that there would be that much pollen around...we don't get that here. About the most we get is mud, dust and salt from the roads at this time of year. Hope that ends soon and that you aren't having to wash your car so much.

Ruth - Have a great time with your brother...and not too much of that water.

Rayneysmom - Mornin'. Good luck on getting the project done. Talk later.

twiceblessedmom - I know how demoralizing it can be to find out that your scale is out 9 pounds. But remember that when you are calculating your total weight loss, the old scale would have registered 9 pounds heavier than the new one, so calculate that in to the total weight loss, also. Hope that helps the numbers a bit...

2BFIT1 - Sounds like you have done a lot of work on renovations. Don't worry about the look from DH - you get that the first time that you mention the new project, but keep at it. You will eventually get it done and he will even think that it was his idea.

rochelle - Take care of yourself, girl. You poor thing. Hope you are starting to feel better. And you are right, you need to take things slowly until you are feeling better.

Laurie - Good luck on the paper. Sending you wishes to get it done on time.

The IT guys came to work on my computer, so had to go for a minute to let them fix some bugs, but I'm back to finish...

anchor weight - Glad that you are feeling better, but do keep the stress from work under control. I think you are smart to do a pure Phase 1. I always find that, when I try to short cut the eating program with prepackaged and instant foods, I just sabotage the work that I do. Keep up the good work.

adaja - OK girl...here's the lecture. You are so close to goal, you don't want to jeopardize what you have already accomplished. Stay with it just a few more weeks and you will be there. By the way, I sometimes spend a couple of hours on the weekends making ww, sf pizza crust dough and freeze them in balls. Then, when I have the urge to eat pizza, I can make my own, know that it is SB friendly and enjoy without feeling like I have gone off program. I don't do that often, but when DH, or the rest of the family wants to eat pizza, it is a great alternative for their wishes, too.

Barb - WTG on the exercise. I know how hard it is to go when you really don't feel like going. I did the same yesterday...didn't feel like working out, but did manage 30 minutes of a stiff workout and another 30 of moderate workout. And you are right, I was glad that I did.

HottieInHiding - I love the mornings. It has always bothered me when I see people sleep the mornings away... I always figure that, if I get up in the morning, I get to enjoy the quiet of the day before the bustling starts and then get on with taking care of business. So glad that you are feeling better getting up and not having to rush to get your schedule fit in. Take care.

HunnyBee - It is amazing the sabotagers that come out of the closet when we announce that we are working towards a goal. I had a friend tell me a few years ago that she had announced to her family and friends that she was pursuing her Master's Degree. It was then that one of her friends started to come over for the evening when she knew she was studying, or working on projects. My friend actually quite the program at that time and did not resume the studies for a very long time afterwards. I realized then that, firstly, we should only share really important goals with the people that we know will be a support, and secondly, that the people who sabatage our goals can only do it with our permission. Remember to have a game plan for the times when people encourage you to take just a small piece, it won't hurt. Hmmmm.

Me - Well, it has certainly been a chaotic 2005 alright, and it just doesn't seem to be quitting. We took our 4 legged baby back to the vet this morning...he is doing knee surgery again. Poor baby. He took X-Rays yesterday and consulted with her orthopedic surgeon about what to do. Fortunately, when the original surgery was done, the surgeon put 3 pins in her knee (where they normally put in 1) because she is a very active breed of dog. Only one pin has slipped, so the orthopidic surgeon has suggested that it just be removed. Hopefully, her recovery time will be less than what she experienced before. We had her at home last night and she cried and sobbed all night...no sleep in that house. I am just waiting for the vet to call now to see if she is OK.

Hope everything is going well for everyone. Have a great day and think positive thoughts. Take care.

Last edited by sweet tooth; 04-12-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:47 AM   #19  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm sorry... no time to read this morning... I'm just rushing out the door again.
Sending everyone a big hug and lots of love...
Old 04-12-2005, 11:55 AM   #20  
gotta lose it!

Afternoon everyone....today's the funeral for my DBF's grandfather, so I had to clean the place up...just in case. Gotta go get ready. Everyone have a great day!! Hugs to everyone!!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:39 PM   #21  

Hello, Ladies! I just recruited another south-beacher! My aunt borrowed the SB book this weekend when she came down for the pageant and has read it and will be starting on Friday. She can't get on the internet at work and doesn't have internet at home (I am working on changing that.) so she can't post on 3fc, but I am going to share all of the wonderful recipes from you guys with her. She is one of the best cooks in the world (she has been teaching me to cook since I was little and I hope it is rubbing off) I am sure she will come up with some good recipe ideas! She is the one who gave me the Cranberry Jell-o salad that I posted on the SB recipe board.

I am so excited about SB. I don't know if I told you or not, but I splurged and had two of my aunt's homemade pancakes on Saturday morning. They were good, but not as good as I thought they'd be. She is an excellent cook, but I guess where I am not used to having that stuff, it just doesn't taste like it used to. Cookies and cakes are too sweet, potatoes are just yucky now, and a lot of other things just don't taste like they used to. My husband and I were talking this weekend about things that we crave now. We don't crave the bad stuff much, we usually crave big salads, which is strange for us! His favorites are the salads from Subway and the Fiesta Taco Salad from Taco Bell. We don't eat the shell or the little red crispy things that come with it. He gets beans on his and I get chicken and beef.

I know I am rambling, but I am amazed that I don't want to go off the wagon. I went off this weekend and it was easy for me to get back on board. A lot easier than when I got off the wagon when I was on Weight Watchers. I can eat so many things and have more energy than ever before.

I have to admit, I had intended on splurging after the pageant for a week or so, but after this weekend, I don't think I have the desire to do that. With that said, there is a new pizza buffet place in town and has been open for over a month. I love their pizza and I promised my husband that after the pageant that I would take him. It was so funny. He has been REALLY good in the past weeks since he knew that tonight we were going to CiCi's. I have a feeling that he is going to be dissapointed, just as I was with the pancakes this weekend. But, if he gets the craving out of his system and realizes it is not something he wants, he won't do it again. He already tells me that he likes my WW crust at home better than the homemade pizza I used to make. So, SB has conformed two pizza, pasta, and sugar lovers to eat more veggies, drink more water, and eat healthier. I pass up the fast food that I used to eat for salads and an occasional bunless burger. With all the options out there, I just can't go wrong with SB!!!

Thanks for your continued support and kind words!

Also, one question - AdiaFaith - What type of auctions do you do? My parents and I go to estate auctions frequently and look for art glass. What do you sell?
Old 04-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #22  
A Lily from my yard!

I am feeling a lil more rested today. Trying to get everything caught up and with the start of phase 1 I am sure I will be proppin my eyelids open before dark! lol My half sister called me this morning to tell me that my biological dad has rectal and colon cancer. Seems he has had problems for a long time but they just now finally found it.

Sweet tooth...Yes the pollen actually covers everything here. Yesterday DS went out on the deck and was blowing it off. Had we not had the rain I would have sent you a pic of it. I thought it did that every where.

I just talked with my sister who is stayin with Mom and she said her heart doc said all is well there. Praise God for that! Now she is at her regular doc for a follow up with the phnumonia. Well I am off to put my nice clean sheets on the bed. I guess it has aired out long enough! lol Or I have just been putting it off long enough. I'm downin my water. Maybe I should start the WATER game for us today. Have a great day all!
Old 04-12-2005, 01:35 PM   #23  
A Lily from my yard!

Ok I tried to put a pic on here but it kept telling me it was to big! arg! So here is a link to my page and there are pics of the kitchen and the yard on there. Some yard pics are from last summer when we first moved in and then there are the ones from yesterday. I hope this link works or I am really gonna be mad! lol You may have to copy and paste it. http://groups.msn.com/BamieGurls If this don't work then....I don't know! lol I'm off again! For real this time! lol
Old 04-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #24  
Working for the Cruise!

Barb - Mom made the chili so I could have it, THANK GOODNESS.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:59 PM   #25  
Tina

Bamiegurl, BEAUTIFUL house!! love the colors you picked...

Are those your kids? if so, beautiful family also!
Old 04-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #26  
Conquering with SBD

Bamiegurl - The pics are great. I love the yard. We are trying to get ideas to finish our yard in some creative, yet functional way. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:04 PM   #27  
A Lily from my yard!

Thanks Chicks! Twiceblessed...Yes they are mine! Thank you.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:26 PM   #28  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hey Bamie, thanks for the pics!!! You did a great job in your kitchen~love the shade of green that you chose.Thanks for sharing Spring in Alabama.

Sweet Tooth~You have no idea how much pollen we get in the South. I washed my car the other day and was planning on waxing it. A neighbor stopped by to chat for a few minutes and when I got back to the car it was covered in a fine yellow dust. No way could I wax it then.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #29  
Conquering with SBD

You must post pics of the pollen. It is something that I just can't imagine...
Old 04-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #30  

Wow you chicks sure are chatty today...

I haven't had a chance to get on a post in a few days. I finally got my voice back and haven't stopped talking since. My students are so fed up with me!

I am having a hard time sticking to my diet. I should though because I hit my goal for last week of 146. I want to get to 143 by the 18th, I am just afraid I won't because my birthday (24) is Sunday and my hubby is taking me to the melting pot for fondue and I will have to have some chocolate. (At least its not cake and icing!)

I have found a walking buddy though. We are starting slow because we are both teachers and its hard to find the time. We walked 3 miles last Saturday and will do it again Friday after school, but she has about 45 pounds to lose so we are planning on taking advantage of our summer break and really kick it into gear.

I have to say this... I am so impressed by all you ladies. Your tickers amaze me. I can't imagine the determination and control it takes for everyone to be losing so much weight. We all should feel very proud of ourselves. Give your self a pat on the back! Great job!

Jamie
Closed Thread