South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 06:32 AM   #1  
Mous

Default Marvelous Monday Chat 4-11

Here's to a day filled with joy.
May someone smile at you today.

Going to work on my breakfast choices. Seems like I am eating the same ol same ol!

We didn't get the blizzard here, but all around us did and they closed many many roads to their borders in all directions.

Good for the grasses.

Bye for now,
ME
Old 04-11-2005, 06:51 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Lady. I'm glad you escaped the blizzard. I saw it on CNN and quickly changed the channel.

I think I was in "recovery mode" yesterday as I seemed to goof off a lot. However, a gorgeous new day has dawned here and the birds are making a wonderful racket. The loons are back and are hollering at each other as they do their morning commute between the lakes. 'Tis noisy spring!

Gail comes this morning and I intend to do a bit of veggie grinding for the Doggage meals and then get out of the kitchen and do some more garden work. Sarah isn't able to come until Wednesday so I'll leave the heavy lugging for her. The bulbs we planted last fall have finally shown their snouts - I'd just about given up on them.

My brother David will grace us with his presence for dinner tonight. It'll be prime rib but I'll try to contain myself. When I asked him what kind of veggies he wanted with the roastr, he said "Scotch!" so you can get an inkling of what the evening will be like. I've not seen him since last May and that was in a group of relatives so it'll be nice to talk one on one.

Gotta get Harry cranked up.

By the way, when watching CNN this morning, the Dreyfus commercial with the lion came on. Lucy growled and then lept onto my lap! Too funny!

and
Old 04-11-2005, 07:01 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, it is a great day here today the sun is shinning although it is a little cold, they were calling for snow but I have not checked the weather channel, I don't want to get depressed. Today is tidy up day, dh painted the celing in the porch so I can put it back together today, I will take a picture when it is done to show you all. Well I have to run the kids need to get off to the bus in a few minutes, I will return later.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:41 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick drive by for me. It feels good to be home! I cannot believe all the things that have started blooming this past week while I have been gone. 10 days of spring can really bring about big changes! I didn't realize until yesterday that I had lost that many days! I will probably take a nap after the kids leave. I am really tired and need a day of rest! lol I hope you all have a great day.

Lady...Glad ya missed all the weather fun.

Ruth...Lucy must be one of those who's growl is much worse than her bite! lol Enjoy the day.

Little Chick...Another dodge from the weather bullet. Have fun getting everything put back. I have all my stuff for the kitchen in now I just need to get it on the walls.

Check y'all chicks later!
Old 04-11-2005, 08:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning to all of you! Wow, looks like we have a lot of Newbies joining us, that's wonderful, this WOE is the best! I had a great weekend with DD and the kids, the baby is growing so fast, she looks different every time I see her. Would you believe it was 78* yesterday? We packed a picnic lunch and went Letterboxing in the Pine Barrens in NJ, it was a great day for it. Jake wasn't too happy about what time I got home last night, he had been expecting me home earlier in the day, but he told me before I left to make a full weekend of it, so I did! No Curves this morning, I have my annual physical at 9, so I'll be getting ready for that pretty soon. I'll probably be needed to babysit this afternoon, so that's what's on my schedule for today. I haven't thought about what to make for supper yet, but I know I need to get to the market for fresh veggies!
Old 04-11-2005, 08:55 AM   #6  

Good Morning ladies,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty quiet. Cleaned house all afternoon yesterday and spent some quality time with Rayney last night. Seems like I never have enough time to do that lately. Or maybe it's just me.

Sil ~ I use Rhinocort nasal spray. Works really well, but dries my nose out some. Oh well, at least it doesn't run constantly.

Ruth ~ My Buster will bark at the TV if he hears a dog or cat. We were watching a program one night that had cat yowling to beat the band in it. I thought he would lose his mind before that dern cat stopped!! He also, for some strange reason, despises baby carriages!! If one goes by the house - he barks until I put him outside. DOGS ---- funny little critters!

Cottage ~ My DH does the same thing when I'm later getting home than he thinks I ought to be. I more or less stick my fingers in my ears and do the BLAH BLAH BLAH thing . Usually shuts him up!

Bamie ~ Missed ya girl!! Glad mom is better. Now, GO TAKE CARE OF KELLIE!! Get some rest. Sounds like it's time for a lie around and do nothing day!! Take care girl.

Windsong ~ Don't think I have spoken to you yet. Nice to meetcha!!

Little Chick ~ Glad it's nice there today. It is gorgeous here today at 76 degrees. BUT it's only supposed to get up to 50 tomorrow. No wonder everyone is gettin' sick . They say here in NC that if you don't like the weather here - stay a few minutes. And by God that is true this year!!! Crazy!!!!!!

Well, better get to work. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:31 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Lady! I don't think we've met, but it appears that you've had much success ! Glad that you escaped the blizzard!

Ruth, so glad that you had a lazy day yesterday! Knowing you and the schedule you keep, you deserved it!!! Have fun in the garden today...sounds gorgeous! Glad the loons are back; I've been sending "Head north to Ruth!" thoughts to ever goose that flies over head. We have a flock of turkey vultures that roost a block up from our house. Watching them soar overhead before they roost each night is exhilirating!!!

Darn, I have a student I need to meet with. More later...
Old 04-11-2005, 09:53 AM   #8  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chickies!

Hokey Crap I gained 10 pounds on vacation!!!! I wish I could say that I don't know how it happened but I do. A pound a day in the wrong direction. I wasn't going to weigh in until Wed but DM said I should weigh myself to shame myself back into serious dieting. Not sure if that is a healthy thing to do or not but I weighed myself and was horrified! Oh well back to the grindstone. Back on Phase I with a vengance.

Lady - Glad you can keep a good attitude with all that snow. My friend used to live in Colorado and she said the snow is different there than in Michigan.

Ruth - You sound so chipper this am! Have a lovely day!

Bami - SHHHHH - get some rest chickie.

Little chick - Don't get depressed.

Raneysmom - Glad to hear from ya!

Cottage - Fresh veggies sound yummy.

Laurie - Hi girlfriend!

Back to Phase I for me today. I changed my ticker to reflect the weight gain. Hopefully I'll be changing it back to 195 soon!

Have a great day!
Old 04-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

Good morning everyone!! I hope everyone had a good weekend. DBF's grandfather passed away yesterday & the funeral is tomorrow. I need to help with that. And I have to go to Michael's today & get supplies to make 2 diaper wreathes for a baby shower that I got stuck planning. It's the store manager at the store that I work that's having the baby...so I guess it's brownie points for me It's not that I mind doing it, it's just this is the first shower I've ever planned.....not sure if I'm missing something.
Let's not talk about my diet....it's not pretty. I'm waiting for TOM to be finished before I update the ticker to reveal all the damage that I have done!
Well I have invitations, diaper wreaths, and lifesaver pacifers to make....see ya later!
Old 04-11-2005, 10:47 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hello, Lady Windsong!!!!! So glad to see you back here. I missed your wonderful morning inspirations and wondered how you and your Mom have been doing. It looks like you are having great success at weight loss and healthy lifestyle. Welcome Back

Bamie~Happy to see you home again and to know that your Mom is doing well.

Soon2Bfab~~ I'm sorry to hear about your DBF's grandfather's passing. I'll keep all of you in my prayers

Gotta get more coffee and take the "girls" outside. Be back later
Old 04-11-2005, 10:59 AM   #11  
mommy2

Default Stuck stuck stuck

I look somewhat smaller. My waist is a little narrower... but....
my number won't BUDGE! One week in phase one of SB and I lost three pounds. Very disappointed. I lost 12 pounds with ADK in a week and a half, but I felt like I was STARVING!!! I like this diet because you can eat more. I don't think I have cheated. No sugar, no breads, no big carbie veggies. I even spit a carrot piece out when I realized I was eating it!!! Yuck. What am I doing WRONG? No dairy, no potatoes.....ARRRGGHHH!

Oh and get this. I bought my truck in 1999 from a dealership about 30 minutes from here. Well, he only gave us one key for the truck. Yesterday, when I went to drop my daughter off at my mom's (we were in the car), my mom had my keyring. She said "Recognize this?" but there were no keys on it. She proceeded to tell me that she had run over the keys with the lawn mower. My house key was bend in half...and my truck key was cut in two!! We could only find the top half to it!! So now I have no way to drive my truck. Even the locksmith said..."Ummm" so What is a gal to do? I assume I dropped my keys when I borrowed my mom's lawnmower.
If it weren't for bad luck...

OH! And my husband's ex fiancee (and mother of his son) FINALLY gave him back his class ring that she has had since 1993....
So he gave it to our almost 4 year old daughter because he doesn't really care much about it...And MIL THREW A FIT!!! She told him that SHE paid 400.00 for it and she wasn't going to let our daughter lose it! Hubby said "Well, you haven't missed the thing in TWELVE years, what does it matter now?" Well, it all boiled down to the fact that she wanted it to go to his SON not our daughter. Her favorite grandchild. She and FIL want EVERYTHING to go to him just because he is a BOY. Hubby got mad at her and called her a "money grubber" and left. I wanted to get mad, but we're trying to sell our house and move into a rental house that MIL and FIL own while we pay off our bills. I try to keep the peace!

On top of all of this...Hubby and I were eating mexican take out Friday evening, when our neighbors stopped by to look at our house...
It is not even on the market yet! We were both like "Oh poo-poo!" And running around like crazy to shove dirty clothes and such in whatever places!
On Saturday, the girl came back with her mother. Her mother was REALLY nosy and opened our "junk" closet (halloween, christmas, gift bags, wrapping paper) and unknown to me...the place my darling hubby had CRAMMED all the junk from that room...and it all came falling out!!

Did anyone else have a weekend like this????????????
Old 04-11-2005, 11:11 AM   #12  

I had a great weekend. Well, actually I worked from 3:30 AM to almost 9 AM yesterday but that was expected. I got my meals planned and made sure I planned stuff my son could eat with his top front tooth ready to fall out. As soon as I got the list ready- he lost the tooth. He looks so cute with that gaping smile!

I managed to get the gas powered cultivator out in the afternoon and now have a vegetable garden ready to plant. I really want to get it planted and should have time to run to the nursery after exercise class tonight and maybe even plant stuff before Brian gets home from gymnastics class. There is nothing better than fresh vegetables. I LOVE to plan red peppers. They are so easy to grow and so expensive at the store!

Yesterday I was having problems with dizzyness when I would first stand up. I'm not sure if it is related to donating blood on Saturday or not but I did check my blood pressure and it was 85/50. Seems a little bit too low. I did skip my blood pressure medicine last night but I guess it is time to schedule that physical and see if I am ready to go off of it.

Oh, I have on my new size 8 pants and small top. That may be part of what is giving me such an UP mood. For everyone who is frustrated with not loosing very fast, remember that you are more likely to keep it off if you lose it slower.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:11 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You had such a shitty weekend, I'm fixing it for you. It'll be OK in a minute.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Oh, LC, I need a tidy up month! Hope yours goes well...I'm sending lots of {{{{{{{{{{STAY AWAY, SNOW!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}} vibes your way!

Bamie, so glad to have you back! I've missed you and been worried for you and your sweet mom. I bet you lost tons of weight with the worrying, lack of sleep, and such. Not the best way to do it, but definitely a nice side benefit! Can't wait to see more pics of your flowers! (hint, hint...)

Cottage, so glad you had a great weekend! Good luck at your physical!!!

Rayneysmom, so glad you got some quality time with Rayney! I use Rhinocort Aqua, too. It really helps my sinuses...keeps the skin normal (not inflamed) so things can flow. Enjoy the weather...I had no idea NC was so mercurial!

Anchor, so glad you had a good vacation. One of the nice things about SBD is that after a week of Phase 1, all those pounds will probably fall right back off.

Soon, I'm so sorry about DBF's grandfather. It's so hard to see someone you love hurting. My DH lost both grandfathers last year. It was a horrible time. Okay, I need to hear all about these diaper wreaths and lifesaver pacifiers...they sound ADORABLE and I love crafty things!!! Spill, girlfriend!

Sil, have fun outside with the girls! Our pup is in heaven with all the stuff to smell and chase.

Me:
Well, I'm still holding around 210 or so...with dips into 209.5 ( )! Very cool. My excel weight chart says that if I keep this up, I'll be done in August. That would be AMAZING! I doubt it'll happen as I've lost a lot lately, but you never know. I need to get my back in the gym. I know that's what I need more than anything! But I have one more paper to do and I was up until 2 last night working on it and procrastinating, too.

I'm planning to gym it on Wednesday. I'll be out of town from Wed. afternoon to Friday afternoon at a teacher career fair we help run. It's a fun event, but lots of standing and lots of bad food. I'm trying to make plans to mitigate what I usually eat there. I think lunch could be hard, but we eat dinners out, so that shouldn't be too tough.

I did my tests on Saturday...they went pretty well, I think. I then took advantage of being in a larger city to go shopping!!! I spent several hundred dollars! DH is going to kill me when he sees the receipts... but this is the first I've spent on new clothes in over a year. I've been shopping primarily at second hand stores since I started SBD. I'm now into a size 16 (YIPPEEE!) and the ability to shop in normal stores is overwhelming and amazing!!! Speaking of which, it's really hard for me to actually have choices in what to buy. I used to just buy whatever actually fit. Now almost everything fits, and I actually have to pick and choose among what I like and what actually looks good. It's a skill I've totally forgotten! Do any of you have that problem?

Another milestone...I've gone without my "super suckers" as DH calls them (undergarments that go from waist to mid thigh and suck you in) twice now when wearing a skirt/dress and I didn't get any chafing on my thighs!!!! I am so happy!!! It's a miracle not to have my legs rubbing together! I used to get terrible blisters whenever I went with out something on my legs. I remember asking Meg when I saw her last summer if my legs would ever get slim enough not to rub together and she assured me they would. Meg, you were right!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 11:39 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Adaja, losing three pounds is GREAT for the small amount you have to lose. You will lose much more slowly both because you have done this type of diet before and because you have such a tiny amount to lose. Three pounds in that situation is totally fantastic and most people would kill for that kind of loss. Celebrate, girl! About dairy...you definitely can have it!!! You can have fat-free and 1% milk, low fat cheese, low fat or fat free cottage cheese, sour cream, ricotta cheese, and plain yogurt. Go to town girl! And once you are in Phase 2, you can have sweet potatoes, yams, and baby potatoes (small, new ones, but only once a month for these). No worries, okay? Hope your day gets better!

Barb, I'm SO glad you had a great weekend!!! We are planning a veggie garden this year too. I bought some seeds last night and had such fun imagining it! Fresh peppers warmed by the sun are heavenly!
Closed Thread