South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 11:01 AM   #1  

Default Newbie Here! Day 4 of Phase 1!

Hi all. I started SB on Monday and let me say that sugar withdrawl is NO joke. I was very weak and tired the first 3 days but today I seem to be alot better. I got some recipies off the site that were very good and the cravings are almost gone. Not to mention I got on the scale today and lost 2 pounds!

Week one almost over...now on to week 2 **sigh** I gotta find me a GOOD dessert to cook. I tried the PB cookies and the brownies from the recipies board but the cookies were..."different" and the brownies were DISGUSTING...tasted like chocolate egg. Yuck!

Ok..I'm rambling! I need support!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:41 PM   #2  
Conquering with SBD

Welcome to the beach. You have done so well already, keep up the great work. I'm glad that you are feeling better...it is really hard to explain to people that you will go through those first few days of wondering what you are getting yourself into, but after you detox, you feel so much better.

Take care...and don't forget your sun block.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:42 PM   #3  

I'm with you. The only dessert I like was the ff jello, with light cool whip. I could not stand the ricotta cheese stuff.

best of luck
Old 03-31-2005, 04:42 PM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome aboard! Oh the joys of detoxin! lol
Old 03-31-2005, 05:30 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome!
Try the peanut butter cup!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...81&postcount=1
Old 03-31-2005, 09:40 PM   #6  

Hi jwilli.....I'm also on the 4th day of Phase I. I didn't think I was feeling the sugar withdrawal all that much (I've felt it BAD before) until I found myself trying to pick a fight with everyone in my house tonight. I guess that's why. I don't want to weigh myself until the week is over....afraid of dissapointment or discouragement I guess. Well, just wanted to wish you luck & introduce myself to someone in the same boat as me. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:09 AM   #7  

Welcome!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:43 AM   #8  
Michael Ann 1973

Welcome, the second day I was on SBD I got the sugar flu, I was sick as a dog, it cleared out after the first week! Once you get past it you will be amazed! Keep at it!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:07 AM   #9  

Thanks all for the support! Detox has been hard but I feel 110% better today on Day 5 of Phase 1. I had SF Jell-O with cool whip last night and it did me a WORLD of good! I just needed ONE dessert that was satisfying and that was it!

I'm gonna try to stay off teh scale until Monday so I can post my loss. I think now I feel good enough to start getting on the treadmill...or should I wait until the end of my 2 weeks????
Old 04-01-2005, 11:13 AM   #10  
Michael Ann 1973

I would really wait until the end of 2 weeks to exercise. I only say this cause you really are a little weaker than you would normally be. Let your body adjust to all the new and wonderful things you are feeding it.

I got a fortune cookie the other day, I trashed the cookie and kept the fortune. It said:

Good food brings good health and longevity. (in bed) (had to do it)

Aint that something...a fortune cookie with a SBD message!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:20 AM   #11  

Yeah, thats what my BF said was to wait. So I will. I'm just so excited to be losing these friggin pounds! 47lbs in 5 years (when I met my BF and he wined and dined me!)

BTW SunnyBunny that was a great fortune! I think it's true! How did you not eat the fortune cookie...TORTURE! LOL
Old 04-01-2005, 11:50 AM   #12  
Michael Ann 1973

I am so motivated by my weight loss and how much better I feel that I just can't help but to stick with it.

In fact the only real cheat I have had since I was on SDB was when I had the flu and I ate a PBJ sandwich and a miniature snickers cause I was just week and needed any kind of buzz, sugar or not!

Fortune Cookies aren't really that good anyway. I remember when I was on WW I used to eat them cause they were low in fat...ahhaha (sugar sugar sugar)
Old 04-01-2005, 02:02 PM   #13  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

You're right sugar withdrawals are no joke and that should be a clue how bad the stuff is for us. Congratulations on staying with program and welcome to the beach. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #14  

Ok..got a question. Eating out. Friends of ours want to go out to eat and said that most restaurants have a section we can order from. I am going to wait until Phase 2 but which national restaurant chains have the best selection?
Closed Thread