South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 03:03 PM   #1  

Default Peanut Butter?

Good morning. I like the carb options peanut butter, I was wondering how bad it is? I tried the Natural one by Laural Scudders and it was too thick, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Old 03-22-2005, 03:15 PM   #2  

You can post the ingredients but I would be that there is something there that we don't allow. I use the Smucker's Natural and it is great!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #3  
Zen-meister

You can make it less thick by adding water to it and stirring. That's what I do when I want to make a peanut sauce for dishes.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:53 PM   #4  
jammin on the bandwagon

S/C/G: 245/slider/145

Height: 5'6"

I use adams or get natural pb from Trader Joes, OR....natural foods stores have pb machines that grinds the pb for you right there. It makes pb w/nothing added and is really tasty,especially when warm and fresh from the grinder.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

I have used the carb options PB. I can't recall there bein anything in it but not for sure.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

The Carb Options PB is NOT good for South Beach. It contains partially hydrogenated oil which is a HUGE no-no for SB (that's those nasty trans-fats). If you have a Vons, their brand of natural PB is really good and it only contains peanuts and salt.

Here's the ingredients for Carb Options:

INGREDIENTS: Roasted Peanuts, Peanut Oil, Soy Protein Concentrate, Salt, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed, Cottonseed, Soybean) To Prevent Separation, Minerals (Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Phosphate, Copper Sulfate), Vitamins (Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid), Sucralose (SplendaŽ Brand)
Old 03-23-2005, 12:33 PM   #7  

Default Thank You Thank You!

Hi again, Meadowlark here,I knew it was to good to be true, I didn`t buy any yesterday waiting on what all of you said, I will try Von`s thanks for the alert.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:44 PM   #8  

I really like the smuckers all natural peanut butter. I like the texture. When I get it I use a chopstick to stir it really well, and I add a packet of splenda since I like my pb a little bit sweeter than the natural on is. Then I stick it in the fridge. It's just the right consistency and the oil stays mixed in.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:36 PM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Thanks kissjoy! I'm not PB eater anyway. My Mom had got it while she was here.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:08 PM   #10  

Smuckers is da bomb!
Old 03-24-2005, 04:17 PM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Smuckers=Laura Scudders.

It's LS in the West, from what I can tell, and Smuckers in the East. I love it either way! If you keep it out of the fridge, it will be thinner than in the fridge, but it will also separate and thus require mixing before use each time.

I agree about adding water. That would help. If you were at the point where you wanted to have the bad stuff really badly, I would try adding some canola oil to the peanut butter to see if that helps thin it down a bit. It would add a lot of fat to something that's already fatty, but at least it would be good fat and not those death-mongers, trans-fatty acids. <shiver> Stay away from those!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:58 PM   #12  

I saw a new sugar free PB in the store last week. i believe it was Peter Pan and was made w/ Splenda. Has anyone tried this?
Old 04-04-2005, 10:30 PM   #13  

My husband and I use natural peanut butter, but we recently saw that smuckers came out with a salt free, which is great for lowering blood pressure. We also bought salt free natural for a lot less at Trader Joe's.

I eat peanut butter with celery almost everyday, and my new favorite is cashew butter groud fresh at Whole foods market. Its a great alternative with fabulous taste.

Jamie

Closed Thread