South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 05:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Daily Chat - Thursday, March 17

A Happy St. Patrick's Day
to you all!

I love the leprechaun smiley! My parents used to make a really big deal out of this day. Dad used to put green food colouring in the toilet tanks for that first flush and Mother used to make green porridge and fill our lunch thermos with green milk! I celebrate with corned beef and cabbage. I know today's Daily Dish says it's not allowed on SBD but my ancestors would be marching into this house if I broke with tradition. I have a very lean piece of brisket and will not eat any of the fat, I promise! No green beer either!

There is definitely going to be a spring around here. The snow and ice are slowly disappearing and the lads have tapped in the bush. Today's sunrise looks clear so there'll be another day of sunshine to lift our spirits.

This afternoon I have my day "off" in town and will bottle wine, hit on Wal-Mart and get some more dog meat. Doesn't that sound exciting?

What's happening with you and yours today?

Old 03-17-2005, 07:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, that is the weirdest thing... your parents must have been a hoot!

I'm just rushing out the door... I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 03-17-2005, 08:56 AM   #3  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Goood Morning!! Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone!

Not much on the agenda for today..taking baby to the doc again this morning. He went for chest x-ray/labs/flu test yesterday..all points to this being a very nasty viral infection. 2mos is wayy too long to have it in my opinoin. So, I want a good answer from doc this morning!

Other than that, housework, a nice long walk sometime today, will be 60* today! YAY! Anyway, gotta run this morning..gotta shower & get out of here within the hour. Have a Great Day Ladies!!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:22 AM   #4  
beachbum

==== Happy St Patricks Day Ladies ====

Hi, we're celebrating the wearing of the green today,Had my Irish Breakfast this morning,along with my soda bread,and will have our brisket -cabbage- potato dinner tonight.

Marge You must of had a wonderful family, I loved the green toilet bowl water. You made my day .

amb-lyn Sending: [[[good health vibes]]] : for you little one.Send our prayers also.

Have a great day ladies Hugs BB
Old 03-17-2005, 10:01 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Marge? Too funny, BB! Yes, Dad was a hoot on St. P. Day. My parents had all their Irish friends in for a party and there was a lot of singin' and dancin' and drink taken! I saw my Father step dancing to The Lord's Prayer which was being played on a ukelele and a banjo. We never had much money but they sure knew how to party!

Amber, two months is way to long for your wee one to be sick! I certainly hope they can get to the bottom of this soon. You must both be exhausted.

Hey, chickies, spring is arriving. Aside from the glorious sun, a flock of geese flew over when I was putting out the recycle stuff. I'm sending them towards Ellis now. I also carried my new microwave into the house without having to call one of my guy pals! It's been in the trunk for three weeks because the lane was too icy to risk it. It was a real bargain - a Panasonic for $63, returned because it didn't fit the space. My old one has served me well but the finish is going inside it and it looks crappy. I'm sure someone will adopt it from the "still good" shack at the dump.

I'm going to treadmill, take my bath and then deck myself in green for my trip to town when Jane comes.

Have a lovely day!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #6  

I've got my green on today! I even remembered to wear green earrings. No corned beef and cabbage for us today. I just can't get anyone else to like corned beef and cabbage so we're having ham, zucchini WW pasta with a creamy sauce made from skim evaporated milk. I'll also fix asparagus and some cabbage.

Amber - I hope your little one gets better soon. That is way too long to be sick.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:29 AM   #7  
gotta lose it!

Morning ladies!! Happy St. Pattty's!! Not much going on here today. I work later on & I have to hit the tread mill before work. I finished putting together Kloe's Easter basket last night, I hope she likes it. It's a CareBear theme - not a lot of candy - mostly little toys.
Ruth - enjoy your trip to town w/ Jane - hope you have fun! Your parents sound like a hoot!
Ellis - Enjoy your day - how's the knee?
Amber - Hope the little one feels better soon! Poor baby!
Beach Bum - Happy St. Patty's!! Dinner sounds good!
Everyone else - enjoy your day!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:30 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

HI Barb - posted at same time!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:40 AM   #9  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Talking Good Morning!

HI, the sabotager is in full swing. she brought in donuts and then went to a class all day. WTH??? r u kidding me?? no donuts for me... WI at work. did okay, I think... I don't know.

Stay on the Green OP today! (means lots lots of vegetables.)
Old 03-17-2005, 10:59 AM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi all! Happy St. Patricks Day!

I don't have any green on today but I'm Irish and I have green eyes so that should be good enough. I got DS a cute green beanie hat to wear today and I told him where his great, great grandma came from in Ireland so he can tell for show and tell. His old school was St. Patricks so he will miss the huge celebration they had every year. Irish settlers built that church and it is beautiful over 150 years old. Lots of darling red haired kids with freckles I know people with natural red hair usually hate it but I think God gave them a special blessing.

Ruth - Love the stories. We always had a blast with my grandparents and we never had much money. The most my Grandma ever bought us was penny gum at the store. We just used our imaginations.

Everyone else - Hi!

My helper starts today can't wait. I'm happy as a clam. I probably won't have time to peck back in until after 5 (my time) so have a great day!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:02 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

Huney bee - maybe we work for the same person! My boss does the same thing! Hands me a box of doughnuts & asks me how much weight I have lost. UGH! You know what helps me? This is VERY silly, but it helps. I resort to fairy tales...I pretend that I am the fair Snow White (because I AM a princess!) And that the evil queen is trying to poison me with her doughnuts (instead of the apple.) It's very silly, but after I avoid the doughnuts, I feel like the fairest of them all!
Old 03-17-2005, 12:01 PM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Soon...I think that is a great idea! Very creative! And while you are slimmin she is bloating up and will one day explode and donught will go everywhere! lol Kloe will love her basket I am sure!

Ruth...Have fun in town.

Ellis...How are you this morning with that knee? Well I hope since you are off and running!

Barb...Dinner sounds good!

BB...Sounds like you have your St.P's day all planned out! Enjoy!

Anchor...I hope your new help turns out to be a big help!

HunnyBee...Don't it make ya wanna put a laxative in her donughts! lol Just kiddin!

Amber...I so hope they get the baby all fixed up soon! I always hated it when they would say oh it's virial nothin we can really do! Wait it out! Hey you come over and wait it out! lol

Me...Not much happenin today. Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone! It's rainy and cold here. If it clears up DD will have soccer practice this afternoon. I am hopin we have a heat wave tomorrow cause we have a game! I am tired of havin these freezin games! DH is back to work today. WooHoo! lol I just checked weather bug...today a 40% chance of light rain mixed with snow high 45*...tomorrow high 60*. Go figure!
I am off to have some breakfast. Y'all have a great day!
Old 03-17-2005, 01:10 PM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruthie, Happy St. Pat's to you too! Love the green toilet water! My family isn't Irish at all, but my mom makes Corned Beef and Cabbage to die for. She cooks the cabbage in the corned beef broth, then fries it in butter. Yum!!! My dad always said that we are part Irish because in Iceland (where my mom's family is from), the men snatched their brides from Ireland. That's a heck of a stretch, but it enabled my dad to drink Guiness and listen to Irish music while saying "Woo-ti-ti-ti-ti" and talking about his sheleighleigh (sp?). As you can tell, he's a character. Enjoy your Corned Beef...if you cook it long enough, much of fat boils out. I think it's worth it, once a year. Just fry the cabbage in Smart Balance! I really hope you are right about spring...that would be the most glorious 30th birthday present ever! The irises are poking up green shoots outside my building and the willows look like they are ready to start "greening" any day now. It's warm and sunny out, and the snow is starting to melt. But I know upstate NY too well now to take it as a sure sign. You never know what will happen next around here. Is weather by you as mercurial?

Ellis, have a great day, dear!

Amb_lyn, it's been two months???? Poor baby and poor you! I hope you get an answer soon!

Beach Bum, did you make the soda bread with WW flour? How did that turn out? I was thinking of trying it next year.

Barb, your dinner sounds lovely! I forgot about St. Paddy's when I planned my week, and so I'm actually having hamburgers (I know I'll crave them on Meatless Friday tomorrow), some frozen veggies, and a coleslaw made with apples, raisins, and sunflower seeds from the Good Carb Cookbook! I'm excited...it sounds like such a lovely dinner.

Soon, good for you on the easter basket!!! One year I got a premade basket from my parents with tons of toys and very little candy. I LOVED it! My mom felt bad about not making it herself though and every year after that, we got only candy in our baskets. I hope to change that tradition and put mostly toys in my kids' baskets. They are so much fun and way more healthy! I love the fairy tale strategy...that is great!!!! And I'm sure you are the fairest of them all!

Hunny, about the eating of the green today! You could resabotage her by bringing her in a broccoli bouquet! Or by talking about how clear your face has been since you started eating healthy...

Anchor, the church sounds wonderful and I totally agree about red hair. I think it's a wonderful blessing and I hope, hope, hope that my kids have it! Both DH and I have red hair in our genes, but neither of us have it on our heads. We'll see... Have a great day with your helper!!!

Bamie, sounds like you are having a hard day, hon. Sorry about that terrible weather. But you never know...the weatherman is often wrong.

Me:
I've got a cold on top of the stress from my paper (or maybe because of it?) so I'm running slow today. I might skip Jazzercise tonight and just work on the paper and try to get to bed before 1:00 (I've been to bed after that every night this week) tonight.

The sun in shining outside though, and I'm hoping Ruth is right about spring! I made this really delicious Swiss Cheesy Cauliflower last night...very easy and very yummy. I found it on Allrecipes.com.

Hope everyone has a super-wonderful day!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #14  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Just stopping in to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hopefully in a week or two I can join in the board more. We hired someone to take five of the shifts I have been working so that will leave me with four or five a week instead of nine or ten a week. That was doing me in along with the kids not getting out yet. Thank God that is getting closer and I can get my house cleaned up. I may give in a have a green beer today.

Bamie, how is your stomach doing? The last time I really checked in to read the posts you were still having a lot of trouble, just had done the ER thing.

Ellis & Ruth, hope you both have a good day. Love the green toilet water.

Amb: Hope they can figure something out to help the baby feel better. Frustrating!

Laurie: The dish sounds yummy. I think I will bookmark the allrecipes. Sorry you have a cold and stress makes us so vulnerable to all that crapola going around. Hope you feel better real soon and get some sleep.

Soon: The basket sounds great. I don't buy the grandkids candy anymore for holidays cuz they get enough anyway.

Hello to everyone else and hope everyone has a beautiful OP day today. Well those of you eating corn beef or having green beer I am wishing reasonable amounts for ya!
Old 03-17-2005, 02:00 PM   #15  
Zen-meister

Top O' the Morning (or Afternoon) to you...

SLAINTE, everyone!

I'm wearing my green today. I altered a dress in sewing class last night. It was ankle length, but I cut it down to knee length and added contrasting kick pleats. Way cute!

ChinkyMacDragonfly
Closed Thread