South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 11:09 AM   #1  

Smile New to the Beach

Hi, my name is Heather , my husband and I started the South Beach diet on the 7th of March. I would love to get down to a normal weight. My husband only needs to lose about 10 pounds. I wish! I followed the diet closely last week and lost 5 lbs, I am happy about that. My husband did not have the same results. He cheated a lot and only lost 1 pound. He is trying to be supportive and it helps. In the past I have tried Curves, the grapefruit diet, and WW all with no success. I really think this diet might do the trick. I am very motivated this time. I am tired of looking like this. I heard about this diet through my aunt and uncle. They had great success with it. Hopefully I will too!!
Old 03-16-2005, 11:37 AM   #2  

Welcome to the Beach, Heather! This way of eating truly does work if you are willing to follow it. The exercise really helps tone your body as you lose weight.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:34 PM   #3  
Michael Ann 1973

Welcome to the Beach Heather! You will love it here...Everyone is so sweet and have great ideas! Stay motivated and stay in touch on this board, it really helps.

Much Love,
Sunny
Old 03-16-2005, 01:50 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Heather, welcome to the Beach! I think you'll love it on this plan and in this forum. People here are very friendly and supportive. The plan is great--it's the first one I've ever been able to stick with longer than three weeks (I've been on it for almost 11 months!!! )!

Your husband will need to do Phase 1 again if he cheated. Phase 1 is meant to detox you, and if you cheat, the detox doesn't happen and the cravings don't go away. I know it's hard (if not impossible) to tell a husband anything, but if you can get him to stick with it for two weeks, he'll feel incredible and be very healthy. Remember, you can be thin, but have horrible cholesterol and blood pressure...and SBD is not just about losing weight. It's so helpful when you have a DH that works with you rather than against you as you lose. Mine is skinnier than a whip (he literally has 7.5% body fat!!!) but he's followed the plan with me, on a Phase III level since about two weeks after we started (he lost 10 pounds and the tiny beer belly he had going).

Feel free to post in the Daily--it's a great place to get to know everyone! Just look for the daily post with the name of the day in it.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:35 PM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome to the beach!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:25 PM   #6  
gotta lose it!

Heather welcome & Congrats on your weight loss so far!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Heather! Welcome to The Beach!
Old 03-16-2005, 09:30 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Heather, welcome, and good luck to you!!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:31 AM   #9  
beachbum

Welcome Heather to the beach.

BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR 5lb. LOSS. You'll find a lot of support here.

Hugs BB
Old 03-17-2005, 01:14 PM   #10  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Welcome to the beach and hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us. The mods are great as well as the members.
Closed Thread