South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 06:42 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Cool Tuesday on the Beach!

Getting coffee... back in a mo...
Old 03-08-2005, 07:00 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ellis I have a cup of tea on the go. It is not a nice day here very overcast waiting for the rain to start. I will be right back I am looking for a good childrens song which is funky any of you chicks know of any..... be right back kids at the door.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just made a large mug of tea, I'll have my coffee after I get back from Curves. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful here, and it stayed balmy into the evening, but today winter has us in it's grips again, and we're getting snow later, blah.

Ellis ~ you are up bright and early today, Good Morning! How are those cabinets looking?

I just put a load of laundry in the washer, and I should run the vacuum and mop the kitchen and dining room floors today. Other than that I don't have any major plans. I still haven't gotten around to making sticky buns for my neighbor, I should get them made before he thinks I forgot about it. Well, I'd better fix my hair and start warming up the car, I'll catch up with you all later.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:04 AM   #4  

Hi, Little Chick. My oldest GD and I were just talking about the songs she used to listen to that would drive me nuts, like Animaniacs and most of the VeggieTale songs!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:07 AM   #5  

Rain? RAIN!?!? Let me check the forecast...
No no no... I cannot BELIEVE IT!! It's freakin' -25C (-13F) out there with the windchill! I thought we were supposed to get freezing rain! Oh, fer craps sakes. This is too much. Snow. Snow expected on Thursday and Friday. And going down to -31C. This isn't right.
A funky song for children? All that springs to mind at the moment is Old McDonald, and I don't think that's what you had in mind, eh?
Going to turn up the heat...
Old 03-08-2005, 07:09 AM   #6  

Cottage, the kitchen is coming right along, thank you. Pictures within the next two weeks.
Yes, Veggie Tales! Oh, I LOVE Larry and Bob.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:17 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Quick drive by for me. I have already had my shower. I am goin with my MIL to her churches childrens home today to take some things for the children and their thrift store. It's one thing to get up at 6 but to be up and showered and gettin ready to head out the door is another thing all together! lol

Ellis...I can't wait to see the pics!

Little Chick....Oh I have no idea as it has been a while since my kids listened to those. Good luck!

Cottage...Sounds like you have the day whipped already! You go girl!

Have a great OP day all!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:24 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks I got this in my email this morning. It is not really SB but it does have some neat features and tips. http://www.kelloggs.com/brand/sk_kay..._noflash.shtml

Keep thinking about songs chicks. My little ones are wearing green skirts, flowered shirts, knee high white boots and a funky little white hat. So I need a funky song but I don't want an adult song.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:53 AM   #9  
Trapped Skinny Person

Little chick - my 7 yr old son is in the school choir singing this song and now I have it stuck in my head!

Maybe it will work for you.

The Cat Came Back

http://www.kididdles.com/mouseum/c020.html

Kim
Old 03-08-2005, 09:02 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Checking in late this morning!

The Girls woke me at 4 - terrorists again! - so I gave them breakfast and then drifted back to sleep on the couch for a while. I did pop in to FAQ around 5 something to answer a question but then the rest of the day started and I just got back here now.

Ellis and Cottage, it's definitely a winter day out there and no improvement is in sight! It's a day for socks with the Birkies and sticky bun making, you two.

Little Chick, I see on the news that you have rain. Enough already! I can't think of a single kid song except "Doggie in the WIndow" and that was sung by an adult, I think.

Bamie, thanks for NOT mentioning your gorgeous weather today. You and your MIL have a good day doing good works.

Bups, I will NOT click that link or I'll have that song running through my head!

I went to make a fruit salad and discovered three kiwi had gone missing. Sure enough, Lucy had taken them and they were "buried" under the chair cushions! She is a nutcase dog. As Gail says, "No offense, Ruth, but she is not a normal dog." I wonder where I went wrong.

The knee is feeling much better since I started the new meds but the weight has not budged an ounce! Yes, chickies, I have been drinking water and eating veggies. I hope the Whoosh Fairy finds her way here soon.

If the driving and walking is not too grim, I will take Harry to the Library this afternoon. Other than that, it'll be the usual putzing around kind of day. I haven't a clue what to cook for dinner so that'll be my big decision today.

Have a good Tuesday and stay warm and dry, Northerners!
Old 03-08-2005, 09:19 AM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Freezing weather here too! We were supposed to get rain but that didn't happen. Too cold! I have to weigh in tomorrow so I hope the whoosh fairy visits me too! I've been very good on my phase I redo! But the loss of only two pounds last week bothered me. We know that I'm a scale nut .

Ruth - She's probably hiding those kiwi's just in case you try to feed her "store" bought dog food.

Ellis - I'm with ya on the weather! I'm going to crack like a nut if it doesn't improve soon. I told DM that I've been a little depressed since telling cutie pie that I didn't want to see him anymore. Not sure if it is him or the weather. Must be the weather.

Cottage - I'm on my first quart of green tea!

Bups -

little chick - DS has all those Radio Disney CD's and the Kids Bop CD's those will drive you crazy.

Bami - Up and on the road? Out of bed at 6 am? Must be the warm weather!

Have a great day chickies! I may actually get some exercising done today since I got the thumbs up from the chiropracter last night. Now if I can just not fall down on the ice again I'll be exercising.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:22 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies:

Its raining and the dampness is just hurting my old bones. But I'm going to aim for my 90 mins of exercising this afternoon & evening anyway.

Well I lost a total of 2.5 lbs. this week due to the adding more carbs to my meals & adding more excercising minutes, really paid off.

Ellis Can't wait to see those pix.

Bamie That wonderful, to do good for those children. We have a program up in our town that helps the unforturnate in our community.

Little Chick Thanks for the web site but I think I'll stick to my Good Friend Cereal.

Have a nice day Hugs BB
Old 03-08-2005, 09:28 AM   #13  

Morning, gals! I realized I never did post in the daily yesterday. Just too busy at work, I guess. I did make it to Pain in the Butt class yesterday. I HATE that class but love what it does for me. Today is Pilates which is a lot more fun. Now, if I can just get out of work early enough to be there and changed into workout clothes by 5. I'm going to try. Most Tuesdays I am at cub scouts.

A coworker brought in Girl Scout cookies yesterday. TOM visited. I was bad but the scale dropped this morning. Oh, well, today is a new day and I know I can do better.

little chick - My son loves songs. But most are now cub scout songs. How old are the little ones?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:36 AM   #14  

Just cruising by. The laundry's almost done and the house is looking decent again. It's a good day for staying in. Sirens are going off outside and the salt trucks have just been by. It's still raining but we're expecting the change-over to snow any time now. I think supper tonight will be grilled chicken and sauteed cabbage, with a starch for Jake. MAYBE I'll have a sweet potato if I eat lightly for lunch. Gotta go ~ Jake just came home!
Old 03-08-2005, 09:43 AM   #15  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone....still on the first cup of coffee, not fully functioning!
Closed Thread