South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, Chickies, those ads pay for this free site! However, you can go ad-free for a small fee. See http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35036

JennPGH, what Phase are you on? I see some no-no's for Phase I, including the carb options bar. See the post on Atkins bars. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53282

Broad, I'm stuck too at 199 and have resorted to counting calories with fitday.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:27 AM   #17  
hottie in training

Ruth,
u r right, we should not complain if it is free!

I am on Phase II.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #18  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Default Mornin'

Hi Ladies.. I am /must be a sugar/carb addict.... I had a mini choco bar yesterday and a Fiber One choco square. After that it took all my willpower to not eat a loaf of bread and Pasta. I told DP I wanted to eat the dashboard. Anyway, got home and made lean steak stir fry (no sauce) and made dp rice. I had a fat free pudding with some peanuts (10) for dessert. I had boiled cabbage (my new comfort food w/ Soybean oil butter flavored spray) for snack at 430p. I was still Hungry.... No more choco unless it's pudding or something. Help!! Doesn't help that my SB buddy at work is not here--she's in Vegas!

a broad and Jenn--I open my internet in my Outlook so I don't have to look at Ads. BC I can't stand them either.. Like I want to see some Chic's butt. If it was Vin Diesel that would be another story.

Its Friday and I cannot wait to sleep in. (yeah right) Going out to dinner with the Girls!
Old 02-11-2005, 01:17 PM   #19  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning, all! I'm late getting in here, so I know I'll have to keep my posts short!

Bamie, good for you starting us up, but do you ever sleep, girl? Light yellow would be great and a good way to brighten up what is darkened by the counters. I am drooling and sooo jealous at your window seat! That is something I would LOVE to have!

Ellis, I think going to a second-hand bookstore counts as a workout for you. Wish I could go with. I hope mom is in a good mood and sweet to you!

Cottage, I hope today is a better day for you! We are cold her, but at least the sun is shining and the sky is all blue! I hope your weather is similar and you get some good feelings back!

Ruth, I love that you're making Lucy apologize. I guess "the dog ate it" is an appropriate excuse for not having enough money in your house. What a workout all that wood lifting will be, but sounds like you have a gorgeous day to do it!

Toni, good for you! I feel your pain...I'm doing my masters after seven years away from school and my brain is too old and tired for this! Glad everything worked out! What is your PhD in?

Chipper, good going on those pounds!

Rayneysmom, you are too cute! I'm reading a book about a school that worked on changing their spelling program. The kids worked on these "have-a-go" sheets where they had to write words they misspelled and then try writing them other ways to find one that looks more correct. The school is in Maine, and you would never believe the way the kids spelled their words...like "ovuh" for over, etc. I think it would be fun to see how Southern kids spell when they are little...

Jenn, are you on phase 1? If so, you really do have to be "perfect"...which means no life cereal and no carrots, more veggies, and plan your days so you don't get caught! Also, the bars are a bad idea. Stay away from them. Instead, look for unprocessed things like veggies, lean meat, eggs, nuts, beans, fruit, dairy. Okay? That will make you feel so much better in the long run! I know you can do it...just keep at it, girl!

A Broad: Sorry about those winter blahs! I know the feeling! I wonder if those last pounds are just really stubborn because you are so close to goal. You might want to PM SweetTooth, because I remember her going through something similar near the end. Is it possible that you are already at goal? It's worth thinking about.

Hunny, think about what you said! You ate chocolate and THEN you wanted to eat the dashboard! Your blood sugar level dropped after you ate the chocolate (just like Dr. A describes in the book) and that made you crave simple carbs like the loaf of bread (not sure about the carb content of the dashboard ). You need to go at least 3 days (sometimes five) without any sugar (which is what Phase 1 does for you) to get these cravings out of there. If you find chocolate triggers it, don't eat chocolate. I know you don't want to live like this...so get that sugar out of your system and keep it out!!! I've found that malitol, even though it's a sugar alcohol, somehow produces those cravings in me (immediately! ), so I just avoid it, period.

Me:
Well, better head to lunch...not sure what I'm going to have. Either leftover mushroom and wild rice soup and a tomato-basil burger with a side of veggies, or a taco salad made with veggie taco meat. Either way, yumm!

Still under 220, which is great. We'll see what the weekend brings. I didn't get to the gym this morning. I was so tired, and I went to bed by 11 again. Oy. :P I'm definitely going monday...don't want to let Amber down or go back on a pinky swear...who knows what could happen!

Have a great weekend, chickies (and roosters?)! Hope you celebrate V-day with lots of non-caloric treats. (some might even count as exercise! )
Old 02-11-2005, 03:31 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Quick swim by today....

I am swamped this morning!

It's chilly and rainy here today. How come the weather here seems to be the opposite of all you Canadian chickies? It's supposed to rain all weekend.

We're going to the cabinet place tomorrow morning then it's a drive south for the So. Cal Vikings Club Dinner where I'll be dining with current and past Vikings. I already ordered my meal which is a lemon chicken and veggies. I should be able to stay OP for the most part!

Bamie-I recently painted my diningroom light yellow and love it! It definitely brightens things up!

I'll try to check back in later. I'm off to have some lunch!
Old 02-11-2005, 03:45 PM   #21  
A Lily from my yard!

Well... I painted a lil bit of a wall the marble green and a lil bit the platnium blonde. I have to say so far I'm leanin for the green. It really makes it pop in there where the yellow looks lost. I will ask DH what he thinks when he calls me at my mom's tonight. Although I already know his answer! lol The yellow is what I used in my guest room and it looks good in there because only the trim is white but in the kitchen I think it is just blendin in because the cabinets are white. Maybe I will try to figure out how to post a pic and when I get back I'll have a chick poll! lol Well I will chat with y'all chicks later.

Laurie... Here lately I feel like I never sleep! I almost started us up at 2 when I woke up the first time.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:21 PM   #22  

I'm in the office today and it has been nonstop. I found 10 minutes to heat up my leftovers and then ate while on the phone. Took 2 hours to finish lunch. I'm better today but Brian is sicker. He started the day with 102.9 but it's a little lower now. I've called twice so far and he seems to be doing okay. He's not eating hardly anything but at least he is drinking and that is the most important thing.

I have been eating a normal amount but the pounds are dropping off too fast. I'm down 8 pounds this month (5 1/2 since Monday) but I imagine it will stop soon. Probably as soon as I am well enough to start exercising again.

Tomorrow I'm going out to pick up Scouting for Food bags. Brian won't be able to make it and I really need to help my den leader. She's been sick with pneumonia this week and probably shouldn't be out there. Hopefully enough boys will show up that it won't be too bad. We have 315 houses for our den of 10 boys to pick up from (and knock on doors if they didn't leave a bag out). Should only take a couple of hours. I wonder what the weather is supposed to be like at 9:30 in the morning?
Old 02-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #23  
beachbum

Good Afternoon Ladies

Glad that I found the 3fc web site,as I not new to the SB but need lots of support and I hope to give back of what I recieved. Happy its the weekend,and I can tamper myself, by relaxing and not doing house work.

Saw some of your post and I can relate to being on Phase 2,when cravings start. Not for the sweets but for the salty snacks. My doctor told me that the salt cravings come from the lack of carbs.I try to stay on Phase 2 with the minumum amount of carbs[veggies, fruit, & milk products]and than once in a while go to the whole grain bread prods.So far I'm holding my own,but as soon as I go up I'm back to a STRICT Phase 1 .

Have a nice evening Ladies Hugs BB
Old 02-11-2005, 07:23 PM   #24  
I vant to draw your blood

Evenin' Chickies~~

Bamie, it's nice to be missed. I feel much better today. Actually got a full night's sleep last night.

A rather creepy thing...there was a body dumped on a street very close to the nursing home while I was there this morning. Icky... (do we have a creepy shiver emoticon?)

That's about the only thing exciting today. Ho-hum...

I'll pop in tomorrow morning. Hope you all have a good night. Going to go fry up some eggs and turkey bacon.

Mamacita
Closed Thread