South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 05:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Daily Cluck - Tuesday, February 8

I'm trying to be quiet but I've been up since 4 and just can't stand it anymore! In a few minutes the coffee and tea will be ready and I'm going to cook up some ham and bacon with farm fresh eggs - I know the chickens personally!

Lucy the Brat barked and banged at the kitchen door very early but went back to sleep after I was completely awake. There's not a sound from downstairs at the moment! Grrrr! I think she gets lonesome in the night and wants company. Hershey probably just ignores her and goes back to sleep.

Not much on the agenda today except a trip to the Library for Harry. I plan to get another book on tape because they sure make treadmill time go faster. I've got my sessions up to 8 minutes twice a day and am working towards 20 per the physiotherapist's instructions. I need to put more time and effort into the knee exercises as I'm not doing them regularly.

Tonight is the annual meeting for the cemetery board - what a thrill that will be! I will be "elected" as Treasurer - the Mayor "voluntold" me! It's no big deal as it's a small cemetery (1811) and people are not exactly dying to get in there! Sorry! There are only two other meetings in a year so the job is not a big one. Last year three plots were sold so it's not like this means a daily trip to the bank.

Well, those Girls are just going to get up now because they've had me awake for an hour and a half! I'll pop back later.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:10 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Okay, the "miracle leek" soup thing is great...in theory...or in privacy...but NOT when you're working, especially when you're working with the public. At least for me. Though they have a very delicate taste, they leave me with a decidedly unladylike complaint. (Let's just say we normally associate this as being a "guy thing")

So, we will forego the 2nd 24 hours of the experiment, dedicate the broth to making xochitl soup and dive into the veggie "lasagna" today. The leeks themselves will be frozen and brought out when I'm in the mood to make some chicken and leek soup.

Last night we made "haystacks" for supper. Yum! Very easy and very OP. More or less just a layered taco salad but everyone builds their own according to taste.

And, I've discovered the joys of Greek style yogurt. Man, is that stuff delicious! And you can use it as a substitute for sour cream. I'm saving back a few tablespoons to make some of my own.

Ruth, I hear you on the dogs. Mine decided that 1:51 was a good time to get up and bark at some unknown thing out in the back yard. Had to trudge downstairs and growl at them to "get back in here! Come to bed!!" Ruined my sleep for the night. And this is knitting...I'll be begging to come home by 8:30. Such a party pooper!

So, who else is going to come join us for coffee and tea?

Mamacita
Old 02-08-2005, 06:19 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Mamacita, they are still asleep! I got into doing some emails and there is not a sound from downstairs. I've been up for two hours and 20 minutes so am going down there and wakening them up NOW! i think I need an intercom so I can growl at them in the middle of the night like you do!
Old 02-08-2005, 06:42 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Well it must be the sleepless night for chicks! I have been up for a long time. I tried and tried to go back to sleep but finally just got up. Maybe I don't need an inside dog after all! lol I would put a muzzle on it! lol No big plans here today. Clean clean clean. Everything is covered in white dust. Well I'm off to get some coffee I'll check on y'all chicks later. I think DH is up now.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:13 AM   #5  

Good Morning ladies. I hope all are well today.

Things here are going ok. Yesterday was a bit emotional. We had to tell the kids at school about Margaret's daughter. We had grief counselors there just in case some kids had reactions. It is amazing how many of the little ones have already dealt with a death of some kind. Over all they took it pretty well. All the kids spent some time making "Thinking of you" cards for Margaret and her family. It seems much better now that it is out and we can breathe. A letter went home to the parents as well.

One of the things that bothers me about this whole thing is the press. I cannot believe the things that they have said and done to try and get a story out of this. It makes me want to never buy another newspaper or magazine again, and to get all my news from the net. People can be so cruel. They wanted to fly Margaret and her family to New York for a morning show, just to ask her how she felt in front of the world... how nice. /growl
I just don't understand why they feel that reporting the news equals dramatizing and sensationalizing it. We have just been working to make a bigger buffer zone for Margaret. I think the family is being wise in just refusing to comment whenever they are contacted.

As far as SBD goes, we are doing ok. I am still pretty stalled, but both DH and Brother are still losing. I do think I am still losing inches, but I didn't measure before hand so I am not certain. I need to eat more veggies, that I know. I go through phases where that is hard for me.

Well, off to the shower. I hope everyone has a great day!

Nally
Old 02-08-2005, 08:29 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Veggies! My four cups is still sitting in the fridge! Mea culpa!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:30 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Nally, you're so right about the press. They're scavengers. I mostly only read the news via the Internet now, and I only read the independant "papers", as I prefer to read the truth.
It's wonderful that the schools are so quick to send in grief counselors. I'm sure that Margaret and her family will treasure the letters from the children.

Ruth, you're doing so well with the treadmill! I'll take a kick in the butt anytime, okay?

Mama, thanks for the warning about the leek soup. I was thinking of trying it, but I have enough problems.

Oh, Taz... thank God your niece and her family are all right! I love what you said about being grateful. You're such an inspiration to all of us, sweetie.
I'm sorry about your arm and shoulder... take good care of yourself, hear me?

Barb, I hope you're in bed cozied up... take care, hon!

Bamie, you need a massage, girl. You're doing too much, and you never complain.

CJ, that crappy glue stuff was used under the wainscotting in our breakfast room. I keep looking at it and thinking, "I must scrape that off."
Your kitchen sounds horrible right now. Makes me feel a lot better, hon.

Amy, we should do a survey here to see how many of us are emotional eaters. I'll bet we'd be slim if it weren't for us using food to "relieve" our stress. Thinking about you, hon.

Laurie, glad you got your paper done! That's one thing off your mind!!

Kelly, this is a beavertail. http://www.beavertailsinc.com/en/products.html They're pretty wicked. Maybe you have them "down there". Elephant ears?
RNMom, good for you not eating the naughty dessert!!

Hunnybee, I hope court went well for your DH!

I'm having breakfast with a friend this morning, and have a meeting to attend this evening.
Going to bathe... love to all of you!
Old 02-08-2005, 09:37 AM   #8  

good morning chicks !!

i can finally post in the daily and feel apart of the group ! hehe...today is day one of phase one...or the first day of the rest of my life. i wont take up too much room but just wanted to wish you all a wonderful day !
Old 02-08-2005, 09:42 AM   #9  

GOOOOOOOD MORNING CHICKIES Glad to see that everyone is up and running Me, I have been at work since 7:30 and have just now been able to sit down and check out the board. Seems that some of us are having a hard time getting started this morning. If your like me ~ up is one thing ~ started is a completely different situation

Mama ~ I am not sure exactly what a leek is - sounds a little too much like leech to me But thanks for the advice . I work around a bunch of men so I'm used to that sort of thing. We are all in Construction - so let you imagination wander . We have a good time though on most days when their flatulance and manners aren't too bad

Ruth ~ I'm right there with you on the dog situation. My Buster seems to always want to go out at 3:15am. Do they not realize that we need our beauty sleep? I have threatened to buy some pampers for him, but he would probably chew them off and eat them He's 12 - so I try to cut him some slack.

Cemetary Meeting huh? Woooo Hoooo Sounds like a blast

Naly ~ Prayers are still with dear Margaret. The press are just a bunch of pain mongers anyway. If it hurts someone - they are right there to make it worse. I am sure the letters from the children will stay with her for a very long time. The innocence of children never ceases to amaze me.

Ellis ~ Have a great time with your friend. Shame on you for sending me an actual PICTURE of the Beaver Tail - you could have at least just described it making it sound NOT SO YUMMY . But yes, we call em' elephant ears down here.

Barb ~ Hope you are feeling better soon. REST WOMAN - NO WORKING You will not get well pushing yourself.

Bamie & CJ ~ Could you come do my kitchen

Taz ~ I am so glad that everyone is OK. It is so sweet of you to let them use your home. You're a great auntie Get the heating pad out and plop on it with a good book today - rest that arm & shoulder.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:56 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks...I am late getting in here today. Not to much going on, I slept great even with a puppy in the house. Although DH had to clean up a mess at 4:00, I went right back to sleep. My Dr app yesterday went well, as well as those dang paps can go. My Dr likes to talk to me like we are having coffee We are still waiting for the papers to come back from the lawyers for the search then we can sigh and get our money and start our windows. I am hoping that I can convince dh to change some of the colors in the rooms that are getting the new windows we will see who wins. Other than that nothing new. Have a great day chicks.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:04 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning, all!

Ruth, so glad the treadmill exercise is going well. The books on tape definitely help! I hate doing knee exercises too.

Mama, I made braised cabbage and onions for DH's birthday dinner and had two helpings because it was so good. Sunday I had a lot of "unladylike complaints" so I can totally relate! Let's just say I need to invest in some Gas-X!!! I wonder if Beano would work on cabbage and leeks? Veggie lasagna, xochitl, and greek style yogurt, oh my! Someone needs to post some recipes (or I need to go visit the forum more!)

Bamie, sorry you woke up early! Hope you get a break soon!

Nally, I'm sorry all of this is happening to Margaret. I hope things calm down and the evil vultures go away. I didn't measure when I started either...I was too embarrassed. But I wish I had...once I finally started measuring, I saw the inches fly off. It's a good thing to do!

Ellis, you crack me up. "must get that off the wall". That's the kind of mental notes I make. I just cleaned up our bedroom from the mess from Europe/Christmas trips. It's been on the floor for months while I thought, "must pick that up". I'm just not a neat freak, unfortunately, but I admire the clean floor now that I've done it. Enjoy your breakfast!!! Those beavertails...holy crap! No fair....

Me:
We have a rep. from the Peace Corps coming tomorrow. He had promised to send posters but didn't, I hadn't made any of our own because I was waiting on his. Of course, other things invaded my mind and now we have an event tomorrow that's been barely publicized. Oy! Gotta scramble and put something together.

Not too much else going on. Have class tonight and still trying to figure out how I can fit in an Ash Wednesday service and my nighttime Pilates/Yoga class tomorrow.

DH made a beef and cabbage soup last night. He didn't like it much because it had too much cabbage. Think I should pick up some Gas-X on my way home to have it for lunch?

Have a great day chickies!
Old 02-08-2005, 10:17 AM   #12  

Deluzion ~ You are welcome to post here anytime. Alot of great support and advice here. You can do it!!

Little Chick ~ Hope all goes well. Lawyers UGH And what is it with GYN doctors? Mine likes to talk to me too. Like it's going to make it any better. Just get it over with is my motto I have an appt. on the 10th with mine. Happy Happy Joy Joy Hate that damn scapula. Obviously made by a man with no inkling of comfort .

Laurie Congrats on the Paper being done

Will check in later all. Ya'll Have a great day
Old 02-08-2005, 10:44 AM   #13  

Morning, gals! I know I should be resting but I've been working from home for the last couple of hours. Too much going on this week to take off completely but I am resting when I can. I woke up at 4 am totally soaked in sweat. My flannel nightgown was almost dripping. Yuck! Then a half hour later Brian woke up wet. He wanted to know why I didn't give him his school clothes to change into and I had to tell him it was 4:30 and he needed to go back to sleep for a few more hours. At least he fell back asleep without any trouble.

I did make the Hearty Minestrone soup last night. It had leeks and so far I've had no side affects but it also had WW shell pasta, green beans, spinach, garlic, zucchini and I added mushrooms. It was tasty but I don't know if I would make it again.

I'm feeling a little better today but still pretty crappy. The wheezing is better at least. I'm going to go rest for a bit now. Talk to y'all later.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:07 AM   #14  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Sounds like everyone is chipper this am. What is the secret about the leek soup? Send me a link so I can check it out. I hate to be out of the loop. Beano works on all veggies. But it can be expensive. You can go to a health food store and they will have the same enzymes but not with the brand name. Just ask.

Ellis - Yes I imagine the amount of emotional eaters would be very high. I figure that food was my very first addiction. Actually sugar/fat were my very first addictions starting very young 6 or 7. Once I started peeling away the layers of my emotional eating patterns I found a whole new respect for the power of food. Now I treat sugar & fat with the same caution as alcohol. Eat and drink responsibly! I'm a much happier and productive person.

Ruth - Go wake those puppies up! I'm looking up cemetary jokes as I post here!

Deluzion - welcome! Good luck - Take it one meal, one snack at a time!

Raneysmom- I've been up and running for awhile. Had to hit Sam's Club before work.

Little chick - I love new windows! Hope your getting the easy to clean kind.

beachgal - I'm hoping to hit Ash Wednesday mass with the kids in the am. That is one nice thing about working for myself. If I wait until night I won't have time to go!

Barb - sounds like you are at the tail end of the bug. DS is just getting over the upper respiratory crud that is going around here. I just keep pumping the green tea and vitamins!

I'm having a great day so far.

Talked with cutie pie last night and we've decided just to be friends. Or I should say I decided that we are just going to be friends. Not sure he was very happy about it but I'm keeping a safe distance from the emotional rollercoaster. Don't need it. My friends are having a "We hate winter and we can't take it anymore" party on Saturday night. The one that is the gourmet cook is cooking. I have a feeling that they are conspiring to set me up with someone at the party. They keep checking everyday to make sure that I'm going be there. I'm feeling a little popular.

Have a great day chickies!
Old 02-08-2005, 12:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies!

It was really tough for me to get up this morning for exercising (especially because I knew I was going to do the butt video again) but I did it. One of my kitties was not very happy about it since she was completely snuggled up. She scolded me then went back to sleep. It must be nice to be an animal that just lays around all day! One of my other cats (who is a bit overweight due to a thyroid problem) likes to sit there and watch me exercise. I believe she's trying to exercise by osmosis. It isn't working for her.

Went and looked at DH's boss' kitchen that he recently remodeled. It was almost exactly what I want so I got some great ideas. BTW, Rayneysmom, as soon as I'm finished with my kitchen, DH and I will be over to do yours. I love the big drawers and the pull-out spice rack so I am definitely going to do that. My problem is the size of the kitchen. I can only fit so much in there even though we're extending it out just a bit after the wall gets knocked down. The contractor is really busy right now but we're hoping the wall goes away soon. We're also going to raise the ceiling another 7" and are waiting for the plumber to move some pipes. I'm ready for it to just be done! I haven't uploaded any recent pics from my camera but plan to soon. Believe me, it's not a pretty sight (glad I made you feel better about your kitchen Ellis....see...it could always be worse)!

I got some exciting news. Well, it is to me anyway. We found out that Jimmy Buffett is coming to Santa Barbara on April 5. Seeing as I am a member of the Santa Barbara Parrot Head Club, I'm on the hook for helping plan the big pre-concert party! I can't wait! It will definitely be a party if the location we want to have it works out. It's out on a pier. April 7 we were already planning on seeing him in Anaheim so 2 Buffett concerts in one week! Then, that Friday, we leave for Laughlin to party some more! It will definitely be an off plan week for me so until then, I plan to be as OP as I can.

Well, that's the scoop from the west for now. It's sunny and gorgeous outside with highs looking to be in the 70's. Ahhhh....sometimes it's really hard to live in California....

Hope you all have a great day!
Closed Thread