3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > South Beach Diet

South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

I got my Books!!

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2005, 03:36 PM   #1

Default I got my Books!!

Yay! I finally got my books, and tomorrow I'm finally going to start the SBD(along with my sister) I have been waiting for them for almost 2 weeks, si I'm glad my life style change can finally begin!!

Mini goal#1~190 met 1/1/05
Mini goal#2~185 by 2/1/05
Old 02-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
Mill at Christmas

S/C/G: 232/ticker/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Read the books very thoroughly, maybe several times, so you understand the theory behind this plan. Be sure to check the UPDATED food lists for Phase I in the Frequently Asked Questions forum as several things have changed since the book was published. This is a lifestyle change so it's worth taking the time although I know you are keen to get started.
Change isnít easy. But if you donít change, you stay the same, and whereís the fun in that?
Old 02-07-2005, 04:04 PM   #3
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Short, I'm so glad that you got the books...but unless you are a very fast reader, you won't be ready to successfully start SBD tomorrow! Please don't start SBD unless you've read the book completely. You'll also benefit from a shopping trip to stock up on SBD essentials, planning out your menu for the week, and ridding your house of anything on the "foods to avoid" list with the exception of items you will add back in Phase II.

We look forward to you joining us on the beach and are glad you are here now...but make this a good start and set yourself up for success by reading the whole book first and preparing your fridge and pantry.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:26 PM   #4
buzz buzz buzzin along

I took me one day to read the book. I then refer to it allot. especially when I need motivation...

Also, take Laurie's idea and throw out all the "avoid" foods. I did that and it was great!

Welcome to the Beach, Glad you came here.
working everyday at this challenge...

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.