Tea, glorious tea!

• LC reminded me that I keep meaning to post about my newfound addiction to tea!

Is anyone else using tea to help them get through those "sweet tooth" or "munchy" moments? I find it really helpful!

Our local Big Lots had a ton of Celestial Seasonings' "After Dinner Tea: English Toffee" for $1.49 a box. I tried one then went back for two more boxes. I've already finished one off! This stuff tastes just like a melted toffee. You add a little milk and some sweetener and it's heaven (Shyla, a friend of mine says it's sweet enough on it's own that you don't need the sweetener!)

I'm also enjoying Celestial Seasonings' Holiday herb tea, Gingerbread Spice. I add a little SF vanilla syrup and feel like I'm having a cookie! I've been brewing up a fruit tea we got in Amsterdam called "Sinterklaas" (Santa Claus). It's made of bits of dried apple, cinnamon, and almonds, among other things. It tastes and smells divine!

I also love Tazo's decaffeinated Chai. Steep it for a long time in half a mug of hot water, then add milk and sweetener. Yum!!!

Stash Tea makes a wonderful "Creme Caramel" that comes in decaf. Add milk and sweetener and it's just like a dessert!

Can you tell I love tea? I'm looking forward to trying a Candy Cane green tea from Christmas and a blueberry tea that someone gave me from P.E.I. in Canada. Tea is just glorious, even without a scone. I'm determined to make some scones from WW pastry flour and Smart Balance at some point, though.
  • I LOVE tea! I mostly drink the Bigelow Plantation Mint. I have that Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread one. I'll have to try to add one of the SF syrups to it and see how it is. Then when I've already had enough caffeine, I switch to Lipton's decaffeinated if I want something warm. There is something so comforting about hot tea.

I also like unsweetened ice tea but I don't get it unless we eat out and then I usually get water instead.
  • I was raised on tea, originally being from England. I was woken each morning from the time I was three, by one of my parents delivering tea to me in bed. I love plain old orange pekoe, Tetley's please, made with water on the boil, in a pot. Milk has to go in the cup before the tea - it tastes different if you add it later.

I drink green tea for it's health benefits, and recently bought some matcha - it's a hugely trendy in Vancouver at the moment, but fabulously healthy. You drink the ground leaves, rather than the infusion as with other teas. Gives you a great sense of energy, but you don't get that caffeine buzz like you do with coffee.
  • I am a red rose chick. I have 3 pots today. I also like mint green tea.