:( I fell off the pier.

• Well ladies... its been several months... I found several excuses to keep me from eating healthy foods.. first I was stressed about getting into the house we were building... then it was getting a promotion... I'm tired of making excuses... but I've grown to love bread and pasta so much now! I missed it so much! But I have no energy... I dislike my job and I'm constantly stressed over it. It seems chowing down when I get home from work is the only thing that makes me feel better. I bought a treadmill so I could at least get some exercise in but I just can't get myself in gear to start eating right again.

I'm planning on going back to school part-time to get my Masters in the fall, but I've got to get myself in gear! Working 40+ hours a week and going to school is going to kill me, but I've got to start doing something for me. I thought I wanted to be a Technical Writer... I still do, just not here. Don't tell me you created the position for me because I have the process knowledge, organizational and communication skills needed to fill it and then have me staple papers and take printer inventory.

I've forgotten about taking care of me because I've been so concerned about everything at work and taking care of my husband's needs. It's time to stop making excuses and do something for me.

Whew... finally I get all that out in the open. Help me get in gear ladies!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Welcome back and for taking the first step!
  • When you are unhappy at work it can impact on your whole life. Trust me, been there done that. But you are taking the right steps by enrolling for grad studies. Good on you!

For me it is all about having a routine and building daily exercise and healthy eating into that routine. Dr Phil's book is really great for motivation and he has some really good tips. Like setting up a no-fail environment (don't have food in the house that is bad for you). He also addresses those 'pigging out' behaviors and why you do it. If you have found a new friendship with bread and pasta then phase one is probably the best thing to do right now. I started phase one this week and have lost 3.3 lb in four days which is such a great motivator to me. And its weird because I have ice cream in the freezer and no interest in it.

If I fall off the wagon I use www.fitday.com to track my weight loss and food for awhile. It may also pay to set yourself a mini goal. I am aiming for 12kg in 12 weeks then I am only 10kg from my goal weight. I feel like I can stick to something if its only for 12 weeks.
  • Sounds like you made up your to mind to me! YOU are the most important person in your life! YOU need to do what is good for you and healthy eating is a key for one door! Welcome to the Beach there's plenty of sun for everyone!
  • Welcome back! Vent on us anytime!
  • Welcome back! Lean on us ...
  • *~* Welcome back to the Beach!! *~*
  • Poetangel, you're describing me before I started SBD. I started when I was ready, and when you are ready (when the pain of this life is worse than the pain of giving up bingeing) you will too.

In the meantime, please, please, please check out Overeaters Anonymous. I think you will find them beyond helpful. If there isn't a group in your area, they have them online. You can learn more about it and find online groups here: www.oa.org

You're in my prayers, Nette.
  • I know you don't need one more thing to do but I agree that using Dr. Phil's book could be helpful. I am doing his Self Matters, just started this week. I can find a million excuses for not staying on program and then when I find that "I" am the only reason for staying on that isn't enough.

Sorry the job isn't what is was promised to be.