South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 02:57 PM   #1  

Default Sourdough Bread

I'm confused about sourdough Bread.. why is it allowed? what brands are okay? What ingredients do I look for? I can't find a brand with the minimum of 3 grams of fiber - and everyone I've looked at has enriched or refined wheat flour What's going on? Even the peppridge farms one had that stuff in it, and usually that's an easy brand for me to find an acceptable bread.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:04 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Firefly, sourdough is allowed because the acid in the bread keeps you from digesting the sugars as fast. It does the same thing that fats do...remember how he said that it would be better to eat white bread with butter than without it because it keeps you from digesting the sugars as quickly?

Try getting an authentic sourdough from your grocery's bakery section. The kind that they sell in the bread aisle don't seem to have as much acid and might affect you more.
Closed Thread