South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 05:19 PM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sarah, I think it's always beneficial to vary your exercise. You hit different muscle groups and more importantly, you keep your interest high!

There are several calorie calculators out there. Some take your exercise level into account. Try using one of those to figure it out. I've heard a simple way is to multiply your weight by 10 to get the amount of calories you'd have to eat to maintain your current weight without exercising, but I can't verify that advice is perfectly accurate.

You might benefit from a trip to a nutritionist...I found my visit very helpful!

Sarah, I know you can get this to work for you...but I think you probably need to eat more.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #17  

Bump. I just want some more advice on how many calories I should be eating/exercising, etc.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:26 AM   #18  

I'll toss out my 2 cents but remember that I am only finishing my 3rd week, so I'm hardly an expert on this plan

If the menu you posted is representative of your menus, I'd add in more veggies and get in some whole grains with good fiber. I'd also stop eating exactly 1500 a day and just take your total calories for the week and cycle them up and down throughout the week. Most of all, keep your faith in the plan and stick with it. I'm sure many here have gone through periods of no loss, hung in there and the scale started moving again. I also think you have to decide for yourself if you think this plan is one you feel is the one for you. I love veggies and that is one of the main attractions to this plan for me As for exercise, I'd do what works for you and your lifestyle. I think that is the key. Commit to it and see where it takes you. One thing I never regret at the end of the day is the time I spent exercising. I spend a little bit of my exercise time recomitting to my eating plan, exercise plan and giving myself a pep talk about what I want to achieve. Hmm...long winded and I hope it helps a bit
Closed Thread