South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 02:15 PM   #1  
i luv my dog!

Default Need DaVinci syrup recommendations, please!

Hi folks,

I want to try some new flavors of sugar free DaVinci syrups but would like some input and suggestions.

To make a long story short, my store only has 2 flavors of DaVinci in SF - Hazelnut and Irish Cream. I've tried both of these, as well as Vanilla. (I don't have access to other stores that stock this product.)

SO, I'm thinking of ordering a couple of bottles from them directly, but I want to make sure I will get plenty of use out of them since you can only get the big bottles. Here are the choices http://www.davincigourmet.com/page.p...ory=2&keyword=

So far I'm leaning toward vanilla, caramel and/or B-52. I would be using them mostly for coffee, but also in yogurt, milk, and some dessert recipes.

Would you please share your favorite flavors and how you use them? Thanks.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:18 PM   #2  

The vanilla is good, but pretty light, as you'd expect vanilla to be.

I use the raspberry when I make ketchup or teriaki sauce or any slightly sweet sauce thing. It add sweetness and depth.

The almond is especially good in yogurt or ricotta.

I don't recommend the chocolate syrup. It doesn't taste much like chocolate to me. I have a big bottle of the peach, too, and it's not that great. Tastes a bit too artificial IMO.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:32 PM   #3  

I like the banana and amaretto flavors. I make a really yummy drink with them. Take some frozen strawberries, non fat milk, icecubes, then add some banana and amaretto sf davincis, whip it up in the blender and it is delicious! a real tasty breakfast drink or even a party drink. I used to make this drink with rum, amaretto, strawberries, bananas and cream and this is my new version
Old 01-24-2005, 04:51 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oooh, Amaretto is good.

I LOVED the B-52 and just finished my bottle. It's exceptionally good in coffee.

I also have Peppermint Paddy...which is very good, but hard to find uses for. It really does taste like Peppermint and chocolate.

Before you pay S&H on them, see if a local coffee shop would order them. That's what I did, and I know of at least 3 other people on here who did the same. It'll save you quite a bit! Also check out TJ Maxx, Ross, or other stores like that.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:10 PM   #5  

If you make your own sf icecreams, the Peppermint paddy makes awesome mint chip icecream with sf chocolate chips
Old 01-25-2005, 05:50 PM   #6  
i luv my dog!

Wow, ketchup and terriaki sauce! I didn't even think about the possibilities for savory foods.

Hey, great ideas everyone. Thanks. Anyone else??
Old 01-25-2005, 06:08 PM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I love raspberry and wild cherry. I use them in seltzer to flavor and make them taste better I buy mine for $5-$6 a bottle from TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Ross in their gormet foods isle.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:31 AM   #8  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I use the fruit flavored ones to make jello. I like it better than jello brand jello. I also use the fruit flavors to flavor my ff Nancy's yogurt and chop up some nuts in it. Always good in coffee though. I have about a dozen flavors here right now.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:05 PM   #9  
i luv my dog!

Bunnababy, what's your recipe for the homemade jello?
Old 01-27-2005, 04:23 PM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

AZ, great idea! But on SBD, we're allowed to eat dark and semisweet chocolate, so I'll probably try that instead. Malitol and I are not friends, and it seems to be in almost all SF chocolate.
Closed Thread