Yogurt

• Ok, I have a question about yogurt. I asked a question when I first started but this one is a tad different.

There are a TON of different varieties of yogurt at the store. Now, my question is, which one is nonfat, sugar free exactly?? I got one that I made with my smoothie this morning (I'm excited about having strawberries! YAY!) it's non-fat but has aspartame in it. Now, does that count as sugar free?? Or should I go with something with Splenda?? But, isn't necessarily non fat? I was soo confused as to which one to buy. Please help! LOL
  • Yogurt
    When I first Started SBD I looked for the fat free plain yogurt but couldn't find it anywhere. So, I bought the Yoplait Carb Monitor yogurt. I've been on SBD now for over 3 weeks and I eat it everyday. Here are the nutrition facts:
    Serving is 1 container
    Calories 90
    Total Fat 2.5g
    Saturated fat 1.5g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 15mg
    Sodium 45mg
    Potassium 95mg
    Total Carb 8g
    Sugars 5g
    Protein 8g

I like this kind because it's still low in fat, and has so fewer sugar grams than the nonfat yogurt does.....and it comes in Peach Creme, Blueberry Creme, Strawberry Creme, and Raspberry Creme...........all very tasty. I wanted to add also that it's sweetened with Splenda.
    Hope that helped.

Started South Beach on Jan 02, 2005
    Valentines Mini Goal 165
  • On phase 1, I used Dannon Fat Free Plain.
    On phase 2, I use Blue Bunny Lite 85 - fruit flavored or the Kroger Lite store brand which seems to be the same thing. The main thing is that the yogurt be fat free and have no added sugar. It is fine to have either aspartame (Nutrasweet) or Spenda. You won't find sugar free because of the sugar in the milk itself but that is good sugar.
  • AH, I can get Blue Bunny Lite 85. TYTY I can only get the Kroger Brand when I go an hour away to shop. LOL Which I do often, so no biggie. TYTY I was going to buy the Blue Bunny Lite 85 then thought twice about it, not being sure.

Thanks girls!
  • Kroger has a Carb Monitor version of their yogurt. Only has 4 gms of carbs per serving (one container is a serving.)
  • We do NOT worry about carbs. What is the fat content of the Kroger yogurt? When they remove carbs, they have to put in something else so be careful.
  • I just buy plain nonfat yogurt and add the coffee syrups to it for flavor. Usually chop a few nuts too.
  • Kroger Carb Monitor yogurt has 1.5g of fat. I'm a little confused about the yogurts, though. Is it okay to eat yogurt on Phase 1?
  • Please read the Phase I list of foods in the FAQ section.
  • Hi amb-lyn: I found Hoods carb countdown yogurt that has low fat and reduced sugar with 4 carbs and 1 g sugar made with splenda thats what I'm using.. Hugs BB
  • Thanks! I've been eating the Blue Bunny Lite 85 for the past month. I LOVE it!