3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Monday Chit Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/52381-monday-chit-chat.html)

little chick 01-24-2005 05:14 AM

Monday Chit Chat

Morning chicks, I guess I will start us off today as it is 6:08 here and you chicks are probably still in bed, I wish I was I have been up since 5:15 with period cramps that and dh couldn't sleep waiting to see if school was cancled. Which it was we got lots of snow and it is still blowing and the roads are bad. I was not very OP yesterday and caved to my cravings :o but I will be back OP today. I just need to keep focused. I do have a question, I was reading one of the posts about flax seed ( actually it was about something else and the seeds came up) I have been sprinkling whole flax seeds on my salads all week, is this a bad thing??

Well I am off to lay back down for a bit with my hot water bottle I will be back a little later. Have a great day chicks.

Mamacita 01-24-2005 06:25 AM

Good morning, Chicks~~ :coffee:

Little Chick, I'm quite sure that flax seed is NOT a bad thing, quite the opposite, it's a very GOOD thing. :) High in those EFA's that we need, high in fiber and yummy, to boot. Keep sprinkling!

Once again, it's, to use Ruth's lovely word, FRASSING cold here!! 15*. BRR!! No cute T shirt and yoga pants at the gym this morning...nope, it's sweats and a thermal long john top for this chick!

So, here I sit, eating my oatmeal. Lunch will be leftover spinach, chicken breast and a slice of wholemeal oat bread from the farmers market.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita

AbbyYoYo 01-24-2005 06:33 AM

Good morning all!

Thanks for a great website. I was here a long time ago and am back on the horse now.

Looking forward to spending more time here! :coffee:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...b/211/136/205/

Ruthxxx 01-24-2005 06:51 AM

Good morning.

Welcome back, Abby.

Mamacita, it's still frassing cold here! I am getting sick of it.

Little Chick, feel better. This snow is way too much!

Had a crappy night of sleep! I dreamed I was downstreet in my chenille robe, went into a store to get something and came out to find my car stolen. It was a cold walk home! My wallet was in it too! Maybe that was a warning to get over my stupid habit of leaving it in the car! I'm wallet challenged.

Today I have to get out of my slump and do all the stuff I was supposed to do over the weekend. It seems to me I was all day on the computer watching the Daily grow in leaps and bounds! Can you imagine the noise of our chatter if we were all IRL?

The Girls are awake. Hersh washed Lucy's ears yesterday so she is getting back to normal.

Coffee coming up!

Nalaminu 01-24-2005 07:02 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

I have missed you over the last few days. Things have been really busy here!

For once it seems we missed all the snow and cold. Our snow has actually been melting this last week. I hope all that are cold and snowy stay safe and warm!

I have been doing ok as far as staying OP, but just trying a few things to see what effects me as far as whole grains and fruit go. We had the taco bake last night with one low carb tortilla. We are having a hard time finding wheat tortillas here. :( I do have some nice whole wheat pitas though! I had a green apple the other day and it was YUMMY! It is funny how I missed fruit when I wasn't very good about eating it often before. Hehe.

Well I have another busy day ahead of me. I have 7 classes at school, all of which need to check out books. (That means LOTS of shelving for me!) I have to pick up a guest and take her to my glamor clinic tonight as well. I have decided to not go to jazzercise at 5:45 am on the days that I won't be home till 9:00 pm! I get too tired! I will make it up tomorrow night.

:) Have a wonderful day all!

Nally

chipper15173 01-24-2005 07:14 AM

Morning;
Quick drive by for me this morning. Have a theripest appt at 9 and have to take DH's van. So, he can take the GB's with him to get his paycheck. It's payday :). Meet with the improvement guy yesterday. Hope to know something today. It's a lot of money, but, will get it back if we decide to sell. Since I have well over 1/2 in equity for the homes around me. they are selling for almost 3/4 more than I owe on mine. That's not a problem. Keeping fingers crossed. We really need new siding and window. He could feel the breeze coming in through my windows.
Iam with Mama this morning, we are at 18*. It is cold.
Stay warm and enjoy your day Little chick.
Welcome back Abby.
Ruth glad to her Hersey is getting back to herself again. Fur kids are the best. At least they don't talk back.
Well, off to eat breakfast and get ready to go.

Oh, the best thing. The scale showed I finally lost that pesky pound that has been haunting me. The only thing different I did was not eat much yesterday at all. Not even drink that much. So, maybe that is what kicked it. I just wasn't hungry.

Will drop in later.
Have a good day all.

Bamiegurl 01-24-2005 07:34 AM

Good Morning Chickadees! Slow go around here this morning. We are all dragin'! Looks like y'all are up and goin. I am officially starting phase1 today. I'm pumped and ready to go. I have lost the 6 lbs. I gained over the holidays so my ticker is my true weight again. That also means I met my Jan. goal so far as well. I only wish it was new pounds lost and not pounds relost! (UG!) Well gotta get 'em out the door. I'll check back later. Have a great day all!

little chick 01-24-2005 08:12 AM

back again for a minute. I am up and have the downstairs level all tidy and the floors mopped. I thought that I was going to get to go back to bed and sleep but I ended up with a phone call to babysit the baby who by the way is cranky he is cutting teeth. The mom had a DR's app. or so she said. lol. Oh well my housework is almost done. I do need to get the girls to tidy their bedrooms so that I can mop the floors and then it will be done. I also need to get working on my dance routine for tonight. There is an audition for our local therater the 6th of march if I can teach my babies their routine we may be able to try out. I will have to see how tonight goes. I don't want to put to much pressure on them or me. Hopefully the roads will be all cleared so I don't have to cancel the class. Well I am off again to listen to music and fold laundry. Be back later.

a broad abroad 01-24-2005 08:51 AM

[QUOTE][QUOTE=Bamiegurl] I have lost the 6 lbs. I gained over the holidays so my ticker is my true weight again. That also means I met my Jan. goal so far as well. I only wish it was new pounds lost and not pounds relost! (UG!) HaHAHaHA - That is me too, but does it (the loss) still count for our Jan. goal?!? Bamie I'm on P1, day 6. The scale has gone down every day until today (but TOM is wreaking havoc so I'll wait until the 14 days are over to rejoice!) It's going well.

Little Chick re: whole flax seeds - I put them on my salad too. I have a box of milled flax seeds right here and it says if you eat them whole you don't get the Omega-3 oil benefits and fiber because the body cannot digest them whole. {From the box, if you're interested: milled flax seed may be used as a fat substitute in most recipes: 3 Tb. can replace 1 Tb. oil or 1 Tb. seed plus 3 Tb. water can replace one egg!!}

Cottage - you asked if we go volksmarching over here. YES, we do and we love it, but there are fewer events and clubs than in years past. The younger people just aren't picking it up like their predecessors and the sport is on its way out.

Anchor, glad you had fun on your date. We eagerly await the next installment.

abbyyoyo - welcome back to the beach. pull up a chair.

Quote:

Today I have to get out of my slump and do all the stuff I was supposed to do over the weekend. It seems to me I was all day on the computer watching the Daily grow in leaps and bounds! Can you imagine the noise of our chatter if we were all IRL?
Ruth, the thought of us all chatting IRL creates a funny image, both picture and sound :dizzy: . Don't leave your wallet in the car. Bad things happen to good people, even in small towns in Canada!

chipper, congrats on the pound down. Keep up the good work.

I woke up to a light dusting of snow the last two days, but its only enough to give us some color, or lack thereof. We do have a partially blue sky, though. Today, I took doggie with me to get the car inspected and then we went to the pet store to get him some pig ears and a dental chew toy. He was in doggie heaven :D

I made Peanut Butter Pie (no cooking, just blender!) to have for breakfast this week. If anyone is interested I'll post the recipe. It's quite yummy and filling, and phase 1, too.

Back later.

BonnieJ 01-24-2005 08:57 AM

TO: A broad abroad

Hello, your statement about losing a pound every day for the 6 days you have been on P1 really go to me.

If you have time, could you tell me in what you eat in a day on P1.

I only lost 3 pounds on P1 and just gained one of them back on my first day in P2.

Thanks!

a broad abroad 01-24-2005 09:15 AM

Bonnie, I got your PM. I'm typing it for you now.

amb_lyn 01-24-2005 09:17 AM

Good Morning Ladies~

LONG BUSY weekend here for me!! I was good all weekend staying OP until, lunch yesterday. SIGH! We went to a Chinese Restaurant..I had the General Chicken and a small amount of white rice. My last day on P1 and I have to go off phase. What's up with that??! I didn't snack the rest of the day and for dinner I had 1/3 of a salad. I was simply not hungry. Sigh. So, today, I'm a tad swollen. I retain water when I eat too much sodium, scale did seem to budge though. It went back & forth between 2#'s, I was hoping it would stick on the lower, but, it didnt. So for week 2, I guess I lost just 1 little pound. I won't complain, it's my own fault I did what I did yesterday.

Back on track this morning though. Started P2 and had oatmeal with Splenda & Cinnamon. Was sooo yummy!! I Love Oatmeal! Probably a nice tossed salad for lunch and more than likely for dinner as I'm working at the restaurant tonight.

Well, off to get the baby out of his highchair, he's finished with breakfast. I'll check back in later! Have a great OP day everyone!

Ruthxxx 01-24-2005 09:20 AM

Hey! We have Christmas snow! You know, the kind with the big puffy flakes that fall in slow motion. It reminds me of that old movie, White Christmas, with Bing Crosby and I think it was Jane Wyman. Could be wrong though.

I finally had porridge for breakfast - Red River Cereal. Only in Canada? It was delicious and nutty and had flax in it. By the way, flax seed is not digested whole so I grind mine in the processor and keep it in the freezer so it doesn't go rancid. After my bowel cancer scare last year, I am a real fibre tracker these days.

Anchor, the date sounds like fun. Too bad about having to work and the blizzard.

Little Chick, I hope that baby isn't too fussy today and you manage to get your "stuff" done.

Chipper, I lost my pesky pound too. We can do this.

Bamie, I am still working at losing the 6 pounds I put on in December. It is discouraging but will happen. (Remember you read it here first!)

Broad, those pig ears are gross but The Girls adore them. They are their potato chips, I think. They love hooves too and those certainly last longer than the ears. Porties have strong jaws - from catching giant squid and seals, I think! :lol:

Nally, no fair that you missed all the snow! I can send some to you. Too bad about not finding whole wheat tortillas. Can you split and toast the pitas to make chips? It works for me.

BonnieJ, I feel your frustration with not losing fast. Perhaps you can post your day's menu for the chicks to look at. Somewhere back in the posts, we had a couple of days of menus. I'll try to find it and bump it up.

Amber, drink lots of water and the MSG and salt will pee away. You just have to mention Chinese food around me and I start to salivate. It's an addiction.

OK, chickies, I'm getting on that treadmill, taking a shower, getting dressed, lugging wood, getting the paper and then making dogfood. Think I'll get that done by noon if I stay offline?

Move the butt, Ruthie!

RNMOM 01-24-2005 09:27 AM

Good Morning

How are ya all? The weather in the East looks brutal. I wish we were getting that! Ya, I know I'm weird, I love a good blizzard. My hubby is flying out to Minnesota today so I'm hoping that the airports and stuff are smooth sailing.

Little chick, sorry about the visit from TOM, it's nice not to deal with that. Sounds like you need to stay inside today, the weather sounds frightful.

Mama, your menu for the day sounds wonderful. About how many servings of fruit and starch do you have a day?

Abbyyoyo, welcome and good luck!

Ruth, I hate those "not dressed dreams", too real! I'm sorry we were so noisy yesterday, today I hope you get stuff done.

Nala, ya, don't apples taste like heaven after being on phase one???? Good luck with the shelving today.

chipper, congrats on the lost pound! Those dang things hang on a little too long sometimes.

Bamigurl, good luck on phase one, I'm glad I did it again. I needed the "get rid of sugar monster" experience. Everyday is a day of choices to keep "it" asleep.

Abroad, ya of course you need to post the peanut butter pie recipe thingy! Sounds divine.

BonnieJ, everyone loses so differently on phase 1. Don't compare yourself with others, compare yourself with you. If you are following the plan it will come.

Well, I'm off to go with my parents today to go ice fishing! Looking forward to that. I'm letting my 13 year old daughter play hookie and go with us. There's salmon under the ice and I'm ready for it! Yummy.

You all have a great day!

tazcat 01-24-2005 09:34 AM

morning to you all,
a quick one as I have to try to shovel out of my house, time to get some more wood in. We really had a dumping of snow, out my front door it is about booby high, that is "with" my bra on,ha ha, and that is where I keep my extra out doors wood box.
I was plowed out this morning by my wonderful brother, last night our youngest son came up and had me all shoveled out, but it is back. They stayed for supper, it was nice having the company.
It is three weeks today since my DH died, gee seem like so much longer, Gish he was only 54. I really miss him, but because of our love for each other I will get through this, and it is only 3 almost 4 months since my mom, who was one of my best friends passed away. I sleep with some of there ashes under my pillow every night, and I take them with me in my car.
I am reading the SBD book and getting excited to start p1. I have to get out to buy some food, if the roads ever clear up. I want to plan my first week of meals, and buy the food.
Well have a warm day, I am going out after another coffee,
Love you all, tazcat