South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 09:58 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default what to do?

Morning Chickies.

I have a confession to make to you all: I posted in another forum today. I feel like a Benedict Arnold but I think I need a change. Something more affordable and something that doesn't scare me like Phase 2 does.

I really feel crappy as I have made a lot of good friends here. I want to stick around but feel like "what advice and I give, considering I've gone off the plan!"

I'm feeling like a serial dieter -- I've done SB and am now contemplating WW. The first 35 or so I lost on my own by revamping my diet. But I know I need structure now.

This is all so confusing but I figure I should try things until I feel comfortable and it works for me.

I hope I am still welcome around!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:04 AM   #2  
Faith in me

Jenn you are always welcome here!! Good luck with whatever diet you choose...I know you'll do great
Old 01-19-2005, 10:05 AM   #3  

Jenn,

It's all about what works for you. As for the cost, I'm not sure why you feel it's high. I've actually cut our food costs because I'm no longer buying a lot of crap. I use a lot of frozen veggies (that way I always have them avail). I also use a lot of chicken and low cost fish. If you want more info let me know. In the end though you have to do what's best for you.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:23 AM   #4  

Jenne,
What I do that does help keep costs down a bit is buy LOTS of something when there's a special in the supermarket and freeze in serving-size lots. For example, when boneless skinless chicken breast is on special I'll get 4 or 5 big packs (I live alone, so that's a LOT of chicken!) and put each piece in an individual Ziploc bag and freeze for later use. I do the same with frozen veggies. It has helped me keep food costs easier for me to handle. Best of luck on whatever you decide to do. If you do go on over to WW stop back in say "Hi" from time to time.
Marion
Old 01-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jenne,

I'm doing both WW and SBD. WW has two plans. One is called Core and core is a lot like Phase II of SBD. I'm going to WW meetings and weighing in, but following SBD. Weird, I know, but I needed something to get me off my plateau and SBD really gave me a lift.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:19 PM   #6  

Thanks for the support all. I do appreciate it.

The reason why Sb is expensive is because of all the fresh items. And as of late, I don't have money for anything $.53 a cucumber does not buy. Anyway, I try to bulk up at the end of the months but it seems like the things I need are never on sale (like chicken cutlets) and when it's a sale it's not really.

Anyway, I've whined and pissed and moaned here more than many of you could stand anyway I'm still taking a lot of what I learned here and maybe I'll follow Tilly's shoes. Who knows?
Old 01-19-2005, 03:18 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jenn, you know you are always welcome here! You need to do what's best for you. I know Mauvais does a WW/SBD mix and I know of some others who do the same. You may want to try something like that.

Know that you are always welcome and I, for one, would love to still see a post from you now and then in the daily, if you have time!
Old 01-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #8  

thanks laurie
Old 01-19-2005, 08:53 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Jen, you are ALWAYS welcome here, hon!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:05 PM   #10  

thanks ellis
Old 01-19-2005, 10:55 PM   #11  
RNMOM

Smile you are fine

Don't never leave us! You are too funny! You gotta do what works. What counts is that you are becoming healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not pure SB person either, I come up with some pretty weird concoctions for food and right now I'm so bored with phase 1 I about can't stand it. Only two more days to go.

Tonight I was so tired and didn't have time to fix food, I had a pickle, some nuts and some cottage cheese.....................
Old 01-19-2005, 11:33 PM   #12  

RNMOM, you crack me up Thanks for the support -- you've been a good friend and I guess you all can't get rid of me that easily I'll be around
Old 01-20-2005, 10:03 AM   #13  
Gotta move my Thang!

Jenne - I love your avatar photo, so groovy! I think you should do what you think will work, and post where you want. Your friends are your friends, and it would be a poor friend indeed who would cut you off just because you're trying some cockamaymee freaky diet! (Just kidding, WW, I have much respect!)

RNMOM - I have to say that the pickle, cottage cheese and nuts supper sounds suspiciously like a pregnant dinner. Is there something you'd like to share with the group? Hey, whatever works - I hate pickles, so I doubt I would eat them even when I do get pregnant! But I can remember enough peanut butter and macaroni and cheese suppers from my college days to sympathize. Now of course, it's all-natural peanut butter with whole wheat macaroni and lowfat cheese...

Be well, you all!
Solarmama
Old 01-23-2005, 10:40 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017
The reason why Sb is expensive is because of all the fresh items.
Jenn,

I don't buy fresh veggies or fruit during the winter. I try to buy the least processed meat/fish I can. Buy in bulk, repackage and freeze.

mama crazy but she tries to do the best she can with what she has.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:41 PM   #15  

Hi Jenne,
In the Thin For Life books they say that the most successful at weight loss and loss maintenance are those who have their own personalized plan. Take what you believe and what you need from SBD, add a little of what works from WW, include the items you can't live without (red wine for me - although I know it's on SBD, it's had to be on every plan I've ever tried!), add the exercise you can tolerate and continue - and - VOILA!! - you'll succeed.

In the meantime, don't go away, ok? You're friendly and funny and your views, plus what you learn at WW, will only help!
Closed Thread