Veggies

• Do we have to have veggies for breakfast?Thanx
  • You don't have to have them for breakfast but it helps to get in the aloted amount. If you add them to your omlettes, or think outside the box sometimes I have had leftovers from supper for breakfast. Hope that helps.
  • I don't always have veggies with breakfast, but when I do it's usually leftovers from the night before. However, one of my favorite ways to get some veggies in the morning is to have salsa in my omelette with some low-fat cheddar or mozzarella or both. Otherwise, I'll crack open a can of green beans and have half at breakfast, saving the other half for later.
  • Don't forget tomato or V8 juice counts as a veggie too! I just have a cup of tomato juice with breakfast - although have been known to add sliced tomato to the top of my eggs (after they are cooked-tomato is raw) and I also sautee some mushrooms and onions to add to scrambled eggs.

Kim
  • Dr.A. recommends 1/2 cup with breakfast but I also do the V-8 thing most of the time.
  • Hmmm...I think I get too many veggies at breakfast I usually have 2-3 cups of steamed brocolli with 1/4 cup of diced chicken breast.
  • No Berlin I don't think you can get to many just not enough! lol! You go girl keep it up!
  • I prefer to have as many veggies as possible in the morning. I'm still half asleep, and I don't notice them as much as I do later in the day.