Question about v8

• Hi all,

My husband and I started SBD on Tuesday. I have a question about V8. When I look at the Nutrition facts it seems like the Sugar (11g) and the Carbs(14g) are really high. I'm drinking the Spicy Hot V8 but worry that I may be hindering things.

Thanks
    Nat
  • Nope, it's okay, Nat! They're good carbs, and part of Dr.A's plan.

Welcome to the Beach!!
  • Welcome to the beach Nat!
  • Welcome and good luck to you and your husband and yep you can enjoy that V-8.
  • Nat, you want to ignore the number of carbs. That's really never an issue for us on SBD, okay? You're looking at types of carbs. So, you want to look at the sugar amount, then look at the ingredients. Ingredients are listed in order from the one that is used the most to the one used the least. You are looking for added sugars. In V8, you shouldn't find any...all the sugars are coming from the veggies, which is fine. In other things, like Catsup, you'll find sugars ending in -ose, like "high fructose corn syrup". In sugar free products, you'll find added sugar alcohols, which end in -ol, like malitol.

Just some tips!
  • Thank you so much!!! I was wondering about the carbs vs sugar and which one was more important to follow. I guess I did right by purchasing the items with less sugar than carbs when I went to the store.

Great tip about the sugars also!
  • Laurie, would you believe the Low Sodium V8 has added sugar? However, it is low on the list and when compared to the types of V8 without added sugar, the grams of sugar are the same. I believe it is the only one with added sugar.