3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Saturday Chat - January 8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/51476-saturday-chat-january-8-a.html)

chipper15173 01-08-2005 07:20 AM

Saturday Chat - January 8

Where is everyone this morning?? :) It's 7:15, I know no one has had their coffee yet :coffee: Well, I just couldn't wait. I already have a breakfast Quiche in the oven. And I lost 6 pounds :dance: Excited to change my tracker :D . It does pay to drink your water.
Nothing on the calendar to be done today. To do list anyother story. I might shower and go to a yard sale or two.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Feel better to who ever is feeling poorly.
Stay warm and dry to who ever is having cold weather.
Will cruise by later.

ellis 01-08-2005 08:01 AM

Chipper, you're doing so well!! Congratulations! :hat:
Garage sales, eh? And we're up to our ying yangs in snow up here. :rolleyes: You lucky girl, you.

Well, we've caught 9 mice so far. And there must be more, because there were tell-tale signs on the kitchen counter this morning. Those (cute) little buggers. :mad:

Going to get coffee... :coffee:

Ruthxxx 01-08-2005 08:36 AM

Chipper! :bravo:!

Wow, you are more than halfway to your January goal. Yes, it does pay to drink your water. Let that be a lesson to you, Ruthie!

Well, I finally got a ploughing guy yesterday and the lane is cleared at last. I just need to shovel the porches, deck and walks now and am sort of hoping one of Liz's kids will come and do it as their good deed for the day! If not, it'll be me - and count for my exercise.

The Doc was not pelased with my knee! He can hear a grinding when he flexes it and suspects it's arthritis! I went for an X-Ray right after my appointment yesterday as I was already half way to the hospital anyhow. When we get the results, he'll decide where we go from there. If it is Arthur, I can take physio at the clinic rather than in town which will make a big difference in driving. Anyhow, I'm doing the glucosamine thing and wearing the knee girdle for shovelling. Crap! I wanted an immediate fix! :( (By the way, he felt my leg and flexed it through my slacks so it's just as well I didn't do the shave thing! :lol: )

I have a huge list to get done today, including reprinting of the Church bulletin which seems to be missing a hunk! :mad: I have a half bushel of apples that must be done up as applesauce today plus dog food to make so I'll not be around much. Try to stay out of trouble, OK?

In the meantime, have a coffee and a chat, do something nice for yourself and be glad you don't have snow or ice or mice! :grouphug:

tazcat 01-08-2005 08:56 AM

Good morning to you, congrat on the weight loss.
Just trying to "think" i guess at what comes next in my life. I had to put my darling husband in the hospital on Christmas day. Ken died Jan. 3rd.
I now have so many dicisions to make, my extra weight one of them.
I don't mean to cry to you all, but this is an old fimular place to come to , and I hope to come back as a regular, once things settle.
Well I will go for now,
God has two dwellings,
one in heaven and the
other in a meek and
thankful heart.
Izaak Walton

ellis 01-08-2005 09:16 AM

Dear Tazcat... :cry: I'm so very sorry about your Ken. :grouphug: You cry to us anytime, sweetie... we are always here for you. Sending you much love and many prayers...

Ruthxxx 01-08-2005 09:19 AM

Taz, please, please come here often. I don't know if you still have my email but I'll PM it to you if you want a cyber shoulder to cry on. I am so very, very sorry for your loss!

Kiko 01-08-2005 09:25 AM

Tazcat, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I cannot even fathom what you are going through.

Spent the last 20 minutes or so catching up on posts from the week. You all are some posting foold! That is awesome. :)

Had a great first week back at school, I certainly needed some rest over break because I have a lot more energy! Also had a super doctor's appointment on Monday- I had only gained 2.5 pounds over a 6 week period, holidays included, so I was quite excited. I have gained 8.5 and am at 16 weeks, so I didn't think that was too terrible.

Only 2 loads of laundry to do today, then grocery shopping. Should be pretty lowkey at our house.

Have a great day, and Tazcat, you are truly in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

Nalaminu 01-08-2005 09:44 AM

Hello Chicks!

Tazcat - My heart goes out to you and my prayers as well. I agree with Ellis that you are welcome to come and cry to us whenever you need to.

Chipper - Way to go!! You are doing an awesome job! :)

Ellis - Ew on the mice! I had issues with them in the last rental we lived in before we bought our home. I thought they were cute at the beginning, by the end... not so much, lol. How much snow did you get? We got 14.5 inches here total!

Ruth - You be careful if you shovel with your knee hurting! I hope you get that all sorted out soon. My hubby was diagnosed with "Arthur" in his wrist on Thursday. That Arthur guy isn't very nice!

Kiko - Are you a teacher? I am!

Me - We went to the Thai Restaurant for dinner with friends last night as planned. I don't think they liked me much, but I had the waitress special order a bunch of veggies with chicken and just a few cashews sprinkled on top, no rice, for both hubby and me. I am sure there were some hidden no no's in there, but I did the best I could. What really suprised me is that afterwards everyone wanted to go to Maggie Moo's for ice cream. We went along and I sat at a table and watched my friend eat chocolate ice cream right in front of me and it didn't bother me in the least!! /faint We then went over to starbucks and I had some herbal tea, hehe.

Today feels weird because it is Saturday, yet it doesn't feel like it should be because of all the snow days we had this week. Yesterday felt very much like Monday! :lol:

Well, I wish everyone a great OP day at the Beach! I will probably pop on later after the house is clean and the laundry is done. Why do I suddenly remember when Saturdays were for playing all day as a kid? :rofl:

:)

Nally

chipper15173 01-08-2005 10:07 AM

Taz I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Come and cry here any time. I am sure we all will cry with you.

Mamacita 01-08-2005 10:20 AM

Good morning, Chicks~~

Taz, I'm so very, very sorry to hear about your Ken (((((((Hugs))))))). Words fail me. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Not a whole lot going on here today, weatherwise...just damp and gray...ugh! Need to go out and buy some lunch stuff for the coming week. Not sure what I'm in the mood for, though.

Tomorrow is Distaff Day for the handspinners guild and Bun-Bun goes to his new home. I'll miss the little guy, but he'll be happier living with other bunnies and getting fresh mountain air. DD doesn't have time for him and I don't either. So, today is major grooming day, to get him ready for his new owner. And I get to keep the fiber! :D

Okay, time to go get ready for the day...and put together a grocery list.

Hope you all have a wonderful day on the Beach!

Mamacita

Bamiegurl 01-08-2005 10:38 AM

Taz... I am at a loss for words. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this trying time of your life. As the girls have said post anytime with anything. Much love coming your way.

Chipper...WTGG Congrats onyour loss!

Ellis... I have seen a few signs of the critters around here so I had my Cook's guy put stuff out for them the other day when he came so hopefully they will be gone.

Ruth... Shoveling is a definate no-no with that knee! Please be careful!

Kiko... I'm glad your feeling rested after your break. Let's hope it holds up til Spring Breah. lol

Nally...Sounds like all went well lastnight with dinner. Good job on being so strong. Go ahead and make it a play day there will be plenty of time for adult stuff later! teehee

Mamacita... Good Morning!

Me.. Not much happenin here. Still tryin to get over this crud! I need to go to the mall to return some things but probably not gonna happen today unless I get to feeling a whole lot better. Have a great day chicks.

Bunnababy 01-08-2005 12:17 PM

So sorry for your loss Taz. :grouphug:

Barb0522 01-08-2005 02:34 PM

Dear Taz - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We are here for you anytime. Let us know if there is anything at all we can do.

chipper - six pounds is great!

Kiko - I'm glad you got a good rest. Take care of yourself. At least the weather is nicer today, isn't it?

Nally - Congratulation on doing so well at eating out. I have a hard time asking for special orders so it is usually just easier for me to cook at home. There, my secret is out. :) I also hate spending the money.

Hi to everyone else.

Me - I worked until around 1 this morning so I wasn't thrilled when Brian crawled into bed with me this morning around 6 but he actually curled up next to me and went back to sleep. Yeah! I needed it although it meant I didn't get to the gym this morning. DH and Brian are off on their own stuff for the rest of the day so I heading out on errands and the gym in a few minutes. Oh, I got my new driver's license this morning. The difference in the pictures between this one and the 8 year old picture is just amazing.

northrancher 01-08-2005 02:36 PM

Hi all...Happy Saturday!

Taz, I'm so very sorry about your loss. I can see that you are in a lot of pain. Know that people are here for you...even the newbies like me.

Chipper, congratulations on your weight loss!! I am very jealous. I've been going for a week and no weight loss yet...Today I'm upping the water and thinking, just thinking, of exercising starting next week...

We had Taco Bake last night and my family loved it. What a delicious recipe :D

I have a question too...How many V8's per day satisfy the veggie requirement?

Everyone have an outstanding day...I'm taking my DD to tennis clinic/camp and doing some food shopping...

Stay safe out there :) ...Grace

ADDflower 01-08-2005 02:39 PM

Hi Everyone...

Chipper: Congratulations :flow2:

Ellis: I hope that you catch the rest of your mice... I know I'm missing something as to how you came to have the mice.

Taz: I'm so sorry to hear about Ken. I am at a loss for words. Please feel free to come and cry here... and don't be afraid to seek out a grief support group in your community as well. You should not have to do this alone.

Me... I already missed my first goal, which was to post every day this week. I've had a lot of garbage going on with stuff dealing with starting working, I went through the state department of rehab. for my education etc... and they like to make things hard for me because I have advocated for myself when they have denied me services that I need. I also think I'm about to get my period, and the very wet weather we've been having has not helped.

I've got the idea that I just *might* catch up on some housework this weekend and have a better week next week. We'll see.

I talked to DH about doing some marathon cooking this weekend so that we might actually have an on-plan week next week. I am just not good at the intensive cooking (read: anything that needs more than 30 minutes prep work).

I'm disorganized and feeling intensively like a failure after I put on a pair of jeans yesterday that were loose a few weeks ago and now they're tight at the waist.

Lovingly,
:foot: