South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #16  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Just a quick stop in. I have to do payroll today so will check all the messages when I get home. Have a good one.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:03 PM   #17  
Conquering with SBD

Just checking in today. We haven't hooked the computer at home back up yet after the most recent reno, so I couldn't read posts and keep up with everyone over Christmas. Hope everyone had a great time and a Happy New Year to all.

Let me say a big HELLO to all the new people that have started to post since I have been away. Hello, and welcome to the beach. It is great to have so many new people join us.

I read the New Year's Resolutions...WTG. I'm afraid that I am not very good at resolutions. It seems that, if I make them at the beginning of January, they become resolutions of failure. Soooo, I don't make them anymore. I just collect resolutions throughout the year when I know I am ready to really commit to them.

We had a very busy Christmas...DD, her hubby and the grandkids came home for Christmas. They were originally going to Ontario for Christmas and his grandfather's 90th birthday, but the arrangements feel through, so they came to our house. One of the other kids was planning to go away, also but ended up staying home. We were a little disappointed because we were planning to take a hot vacation. However, as things worked out, it was for the best. We were planning to go to Phukett, Thailand... The rest of the story speaks for itself.

We were well into frenzy getting ready for Christmas. We didn't start to decorate until Dec. 23, so had to decide what to put up and what to leave packed. One of the bins that we decided not to open happened to contain our Christmas stockings. Soooo, this year we had 'Walmart' plastic Christmas stockings. Thank goodness Santa was able to find them. He really is a smart old gent.

Over the holidays, I think that DH and I had one afternoon to sit, and that was about it. I ironed the entire afternoon to make sure that I had enough clothes to wear back to work.

AND - eat your hearts out - I am just about finished my Christmas shopping for 2005. Woohoo!!!! Just a few more gifts to buy and that will be it.

One of our kids is planning to get married in Mexico next Christmas, so I want to get everything done early and be organized for a change. I know that it will never happen, but the thought is good.

I guess that I better get back to work. DH should be coming to collect me soon. I left him this morning under the covers cuddled with two puppies. It really hurt to have to get up and go to work...

Have a great day. Stay OP, keep the resolutions. Talk to all tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:05 PM   #18  
SAHM from Michigan

Hello ladies, I wanted to tell you about this book I bought. It's called "The Good Carb Cookbook (secrets of eating low on the Glycemic index) by Sandra Woodruff. It has a lot of good info, tips and recipes. every recipe has a breakdown. The best tip in there is to add 4 tsp of lemon juice or vinegar to your meal to reduce the GI by 30%. It's worth a read that's for sure.

Sweet tooth , wow what a blessing that your vacation plans changed when they did!
Old 01-03-2005, 07:12 PM   #19  
Trapped Skinny Person

Just a quick check in.

To all the regulars, I have really missed you guys.

To all the newcomers - Welcome! This is a great place for advice, motivation and support.

I restarted Phase 1 today - so far so good - I did have a major headache about an hour ago - sugar withdrawl from the holidays I think.

I have tomorrow's lunch cooked and packed. Have to tackle cutting up veggies etc. Not quite as prepared as I would like to be.

I don't go back to work until tomorrow and am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things.

Only 4 days left to my present contract and then I have a new one starting on Monday - hopefully I will still be able to squeeze in a few mins each morning to come here at the new job.

Seeyas all tomorrow!

Kim
Closed Thread